Did Chrysler play politics with dealer closings?

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Doug Ross has done a little digging and discovered a disturbing pattern in the choices Chrysler (and the Obama administration) made in closing dealerships.

It appears there is a real possibility that if you contributed to Republican candidates or the RNC, your number came up and your dealership was yanked.

Doug explains:

To quickly review the situation, I took all dealer owners whose names appeared more than once in the list. And, of those who contributed to political campaigns, every single one had donated almost exclusively to GOP candidates. While this isn't an exhaustive review, it does have some ominous implications if it can be verified.

However, I also found additional research online at Scribd (author unknown), which also appears to point to a highly partisan decision-making process.

[snip]

I have thus far found only a single Obama donor (and a minor one at that: $200 from Jeffrey Hunter of Waco, Texas) on the closing list.

American Thinker Blog: Did Chrysler play politics with dealer closings?

Last edited:
More evidence emerges that Chrysler Dealer closings was politically motivated

Now comes more evidence that these dealer closings were politically motivated. Through Reliapundit at Astute Bloggers, we learn that the lawyer for the dealers being torpedoed believes that the closings were ordered not by Chrysler, but by the White House: (via Reuters )

A lawyer for Chrysler dealers facing closure as part of the automaker's bankruptcy reorganization said on Tuesday he believes Chrysler executives do not support a plan to eliminate a quarter of its retail outlets.

Lawyer Leonard Bellavia, of Bellavia Gentile & Associates, who represents some of the terminated dealers, said he deposed Chrysler President Jim Press on Tuesday and came away with the impression that Press did not support the plan.

"It became clear to us that Chrysler does not see the wisdom of terminating 25 percent of its dealers," Bellavia said. "It really wasn't Chrysler's decision. They are under enormous pressure from the President's automotive task force."

American Thinker Blog: More evidence emerges that Chrysler Dealer closings was politically motivated

I wonder how long the real Americans are going to keep explaining away this bullshit?

Oh, duh, girl! Somebody has to break the hearts of those who believe in benevolent corporatism. May as well be you!

Not only that, there will be no shortage of drones here with their lame ass justification of it.

Well just let me be the first to say that if this is the way the democwats really want to run this country then I do indeed hope they fail along with all of their kidney's! :evil:

Well just let me be the first to say that if this is the way the democwats really want to run this country then I do indeed hope they fail along with all of their kidney's! :evil:

Lucky for them there will be GE Medical dialysis equipment for all except RNC contributors!

Conspiracy theory du jour. What a bunch of crap. Don't these people have anything better to do than try to bring down Obama with this kind of nonsense? Seems to me there's enough right in their faces to smack him down for without having to expend enormous amounts of time digging up dirt that eventually will just go into the trash bin like all the rest.

It's a given that established big businesses have traditionally supported Republican candidates. But I am surprised at the "list" and the amount of the donations. You mean those dealerships were <gasp> BUNDLING campaign contributions so they could escape the legal limits? OMG!!!! How many rants did I see against Obama during the campaign for that very thing?

Conspiracy theory du jour. What a bunch of crap. Don't these people have anything better to do than try to bring down Obama with this kind of nonsense? Seems to me there's enough right in their faces to smack him down for without having to expend enormous amounts of time digging up dirt that eventually will just go into the trash bin like all the rest.

It's a given that established big businesses have traditionally supported Republican candidates. But I am surprised at the "list" and the amount of the donations. You mean those dealerships were <gasp> BUNDLING campaign contributions so they could escape the legal limits? OMG!!!! How many rants did I see against Obama during the campaign for that very thing?
They should be targeted for shutters for political reasons, instead of being prosecuted if any laws were broken?

You're going on record as approving of this?

No, babe, it's the way they do it in Chicago, and that's who Barack Obama is.

Who says what they donated was illegal? Democrats "bundle", too.

This is not about who deserves to stay in business, it's about who paid Barack Obama cash on the barrellhead.

If true, this story sets a very dangerous bar for this administration.

If true - I will need to see more concrete proof, but you have my attention...

They should be targeted for shutters for political reasons, instead of being prosecuted if any laws were broken?

She believes corporatism can be benevolent. GE is clean as the wind driven snow, to hear her tell, while Halluburton is not. Halliburton, bad. GE, good.

I'm going on the record as saying no such thing happened. Okay?

I'm going on the record as saying no such thing happened. Okay?
Denial. Great! Did you really read the article I linked?

Blagojevich is dirty. Jesse Jackson and Jesse Jackson, jr. are dirty. Roland Burress is dirty.

Barack Obama is not.

I guess he can grow up as a young black man and automatically be assumed to have an authentic, victim-of-racism experience, but he can come of age in Chicago poltiics and have not the same, corrupt experience at all.

No, babe, it's the way they do it in Chicago, and that's who Barack Obama is.

Who says what they donated was illegal? Democrats "bundle", too. I said that. And Obama was highly criticized for it. READ.

This is not about who deserves to stay in business, it's about who paid Barack Obama cash on the barrellhead.

This is just too hilarious. By this logic, every business that supported McCain and not Obama is now on some sort of enemies list and had better watch their backs. The slightest wrong move, and Obama will make sure they are run out of Dodge.

:cuckoo:
:muahaha:

Forum List

Back