CDZ Did Australian gun confiscation stop mass shootings, if they have shootings in public spaces?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,448

As this is about Australia...you are wrong.......they make the claim that their gun control laws and gun confiscation ended their mass public shootings.....this is not true.

And you are wrong about gun violence being higher in places with legal guns...that isn't true by any measure of actual research. As more Americans own and carry guns all of our crime stats went down, not up, and particular gun stats went down, gun murder, gun crime......and cities with the most extreme gun control have the highest rates of gun murder.......usually because of democrat policies toward crime.......where they keep letting violent gun criminals out of jail, over and over again....

But law abiding gun owners carrying guns, owning guns does not drive the crime rate or the gun crime rate up.

2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +690
    I didn't say that.

"You CAN look at stats about gun violence being higher places with legal guns vs lower in places w/o legal guns or the opposite." is what I said.

My post was about people not reporting crimes that did not happen because they did not own a legal gun and the theory behind this topic.

Intentionally I said you can look up stats that say one thing or the opposite because I wasn't engaged in that debate at the moment.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,448

Okay......thanks.