Dick Armey and Freedomworks a "Bunch of Grifters"

More on FREEDOMWORKS AND THE KOCH BROS.

FreedomWorks' predecessor was Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation. Of the three major players who donated large sums to Citizens for a Sound Economy, Koch charities were by far and away the largest donors, with nearly $13 million donated between 1985 and 2005. Other large donors include the Olin Foundation, the Coors Family, and the Scaife foundations.

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) underwent a transformation in 2004 when it merged with Empower America and was reborn as FreedomWorks. CSEF was renamed, becoming Americans for Prosperity. Just like that, one Koch-Scaife-Coors-Olin venture became two. Twice the voice; twice the reach.

Now, let's look specifically at Americans for Prosperity, since FreedomWorks is a Dick Armey production at this time with some assistance from related Republican organizations. There is no question -- none whatsoever -- that Americans for Prosperity was heavily involved in the tea parties this summer and the ongoing tea party meetings, movements, training, and pot-stirring.

Yes, FreedomWorks AND Americans for Prosperity gave their names and their money to events supporting the tea parties. Let's start with Ohio.

You've been played for a fool and you don't care = Tea Bagger.

Now the Koch brothers card comes (predictably) out.

gn506c8871.png

It wouldn't matter if I was paid to be here or just here on my own - you can't compete either way! :lol:

True, only a few posters in your little circle jerk here can reach the depths of stoopidity you bring to the board. You're a legend in your own mind. :clap2:

Bush will hang arround the republican neck for decades to come NO MATTER what they do.

Kind of like Obama for Democrats.

Clinton got a blowjob in the oval office from a fat chick and America loves him. They love his wife even more.

Obama is on his way to Clinton/Reagan popularity without a major scandal.

Of course, Fox will have their made up scandals, but that audience is shrinking due to old age.

Most of us know that the Tea Party are a bunch of rubes duped by a fake corporate sponsored movement. But this will hopefully confirm it for the rubes.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joan Walsh get a chance to give Dick Armey his due after the way he treated her on Hardball back in early 2009. While discussing the mess over at FreedomWorks, which Karoli already wrote about here, Walsh called Armey and his fellow astroturfers exactly what they are -- a bunch of grifters.

Matthews took issue with the description, but I'd say Walsh is spot on. Armey and his ilk have lined their pockets, nicely extracting money from their rich backers and from those naive enough to actually believe that this so-called "tea party" is a grassroots movement, instead of what it actually is: a rebranding effort to get the Bush stink off of the label Republican.

Unlike Matthews and his producers, who seem more worried about trying to book Armey and Kibbe as guests on his show, his colleague at MSNBC, Rachel Maddow called out Armey among a host of others who are getting rich off of these con games earlier this month. Karoli wrote about that here: Rachel Maddow Slams Conservative Fox Commentators and Other Right Wing Scammers and MSNBC now has the transcript up for that show as well.

LINK
Consistently an idiot.

Meet the Koch Brothers — Again

While the Koch brothers are exceptionally private, they took a rare step onto the public stage in March when they sued the Cato Institute, a libertarian refuge in Washington that they helped create, for more control. The result was a public debate over Cato’s role, and even as the brothers denied that they wanted to turn the think tank into an arm of the Republican Party, libertarians quickly sided with the group over the brothers. One senior policy fellow at Cato predicted that if the Kochs were to take control, the group’s chairman and half the staff would eventually leave.

These guys are control freaks. First the tea bags, now the Cato Institute.

Most of us know that the Tea Party are a bunch of rubes duped by a fake corporate sponsored movement. But this will hopefully confirm it for the rubes.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joan Walsh get a chance to give Dick Armey his due after the way he treated her on Hardball back in early 2009. While discussing the mess over at FreedomWorks, which Karoli already wrote about here, Walsh called Armey and his fellow astroturfers exactly what they are -- a bunch of grifters.

Matthews took issue with the description, but I'd say Walsh is spot on. Armey and his ilk have lined their pockets, nicely extracting money from their rich backers and from those naive enough to actually believe that this so-called "tea party" is a grassroots movement, instead of what it actually is: a rebranding effort to get the Bush stink off of the label Republican.

Unlike Matthews and his producers, who seem more worried about trying to book Armey and Kibbe as guests on his show, his colleague at MSNBC, Rachel Maddow called out Armey among a host of others who are getting rich off of these con games earlier this month. Karoli wrote about that here: Rachel Maddow Slams Conservative Fox Commentators and Other Right Wing Scammers and MSNBC now has the transcript up for that show as well.

LINK

And this differentiates them from the Occupiers how????? Those people were USED as well, by the very same people you liberals vent your fake outrage against.....

LINK

And this differentiates them from the Occupiers how????? Those people were USED as well, by the very same people you liberals vent your fake outrage against.....

The teabaggers use their funds to lead the sheep to vote for their cronies and to lobby washington.
Occupy used their funds to pay off needy people's medical bills.

The guy who sold Bill Paxon down the river, in order to sidle up to Gingrich and his neocon goon squad, oughtta be an authority on grifting.
Haven't heard that name in ages! It was probably the best thing for him, though: he's one of Washington's top lobbyists now, for Boeing, among others.

On the downside, he's married to Susan Molinari.
Right...But if there's any question as to which team Armey plays for (the neocon ruling class) and what a sleazy little infiltrating and back-stabbing weasel he is, it should now be abundantly clear to anyone who has been paying any attention for the past couple of decades.

I haven't believed the sincerity of a single a word that has come out of his pie hole since '96.
I agree, but he's no worse than Gingrich, DeLay, McConnell, or Santorum. They are all fairly sleazy to me, and have a verifiable history of being liars.

More on FREEDOMWORKS AND THE KOCH BROS.

FreedomWorks' predecessor was Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation. Of the three major players who donated large sums to Citizens for a Sound Economy, Koch charities were by far and away the largest donors, with nearly $13 million donated between 1985 and 2005. Other large donors include the Olin Foundation, the Coors Family, and the Scaife foundations.

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) underwent a transformation in 2004 when it merged with Empower America and was reborn as FreedomWorks. CSEF was renamed, becoming Americans for Prosperity. Just like that, one Koch-Scaife-Coors-Olin venture became two. Twice the voice; twice the reach.

Now, let's look specifically at Americans for Prosperity, since FreedomWorks is a Dick Armey production at this time with some assistance from related Republican organizations. There is no question -- none whatsoever -- that Americans for Prosperity was heavily involved in the tea parties this summer and the ongoing tea party meetings, movements, training, and pot-stirring.

Yes, FreedomWorks AND Americans for Prosperity gave their names and their money to events supporting the tea parties. Let's start with Ohio.

You've been played for a fool and you don't care = Tea Bagger.
One of those Koch-suckers used to be a Libertarian and tried to hijack the party. When that didn't work, he decided to hijack the Republican Party instead.

Who would have guessed that the Republicans were easier! Those damn Libertarians and their principles aren't purchased as easily, apparently.

While the Koch brothers are exceptionally private, they took a rare step onto the public stage in March when they sued the Cato Institute, a libertarian refuge in Washington that they helped create, for more control. The result was a public debate over Cato’s role, and even as the brothers denied that they wanted to turn the think tank into an arm of the Republican Party, libertarians quickly sided with the group over the brothers. One senior policy fellow at Cato predicted that if the Kochs were to take control, the group’s chairman and half the staff would eventually leave.

Yeah, that's some of the shit I was talking about. But there were incidents in the 1980s, too, I believe, when a Koch-sucker toyed with running, or did run and lost, or funded some other loser...

Yeah, that's some of the shit I was talking about. But there were incidents in the 1980s, too, I believe, when a Koch-sucker toyed with running, or did run and lost, or funded some other loser...

You know what I noticed?

When liberals, progressives, and moderates get upset at people and their actions, they write op-eds, make documentaries, and register like-minded voters.

When the conservative fringe gets upset at people and/or Government, they shoot people in church, blow up buildings, and put racist displays in their front yard.

One side uses the pen.

The other a gun.

Forum List

Back