Dick Armey and Freedomworks a "Bunch of Grifters"

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Most of us know that the Tea Party are a bunch of rubes duped by a fake corporate sponsored movement. But this will hopefully confirm it for the rubes.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joan Walsh get a chance to give Dick Armey his due after the way he treated her on Hardball back in early 2009. While discussing the mess over at FreedomWorks, which Karoli already wrote about here, Walsh called Armey and his fellow astroturfers exactly what they are -- a bunch of grifters.

Matthews took issue with the description, but I'd say Walsh is spot on. Armey and his ilk have lined their pockets, nicely extracting money from their rich backers and from those naive enough to actually believe that this so-called "tea party" is a grassroots movement, instead of what it actually is: a rebranding effort to get the Bush stink off of the label Republican.

Unlike Matthews and his producers, who seem more worried about trying to book Armey and Kibbe as guests on his show, his colleague at MSNBC, Rachel Maddow called out Armey among a host of others who are getting rich off of these con games earlier this month. Karoli wrote about that here: Rachel Maddow Slams Conservative Fox Commentators and Other Right Wing Scammers and MSNBC now has the transcript up for that show as well.

LINK

Hazlnut gets paid again for another link!

Ka-ching!!

1951d_quarter_dollar_obv.jpg

Last edited:
When you see how gullible rightwingers are, just by reading this forum, it isn't hard to figure out how easily some con artists under the banner of the Tea Party could separate them from their money.

LOL, and what did Obama do to you dupes?

Most of us know that the Tea Party are a bunch of rubes duped by a fake corporate sponsored movement. But this will hopefully confirm it for the rubes.

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joan Walsh get a chance to give Dick Armey his due after the way he treated her on Hardball back in early 2009. While discussing the mess over at FreedomWorks, which Karoli already wrote about here, Walsh called Armey and his fellow astroturfers exactly what they are -- a bunch of grifters.

Matthews took issue with the description, but I'd say Walsh is spot on. Armey and his ilk have lined their pockets, nicely extracting money from their rich backers and from those naive enough to actually believe that this so-called "tea party" is a grassroots movement, instead of what it actually is: a rebranding effort to get the Bush stink off of the label Republican.

Unlike Matthews and his producers, who seem more worried about trying to book Armey and Kibbe as guests on his show, his colleague at MSNBC, Rachel Maddow called out Armey among a host of others who are getting rich off of these con games earlier this month. Karoli wrote about that here: Rachel Maddow Slams Conservative Fox Commentators and Other Right Wing Scammers and MSNBC now has the transcript up for that show as well.

LINK

exactly

Bush will hang arround the republican neck for decades to come NO MATTER what they do.

More on the FREEDOMWORKS SCAM

The tensions at FreedomWorks, brewing for months, boiled over this summer when Armey balked at a deal that Kibbe struck with HarperCollins to write a book called “Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government’s Stranglehold on America,” which was released in June.

Armey was concerned that Kibbe structured the deal to personally profit from the book despite relying on FreedomWorks staff and resources to research, help write and promote it — an arrangement he and others at the group believed could jeopardize its tax-exempt status.

Armey paid 8 Million dollars to go away.

So Armey declined to sign a memorandum presented to him in his capacity as a member of the board of trustees stating that the book was written without significant FreedomWorks resources and clearing the way for Kibbe to personally own the rights to the book and any royalties from it, multiple sources familiar with the arrangement told POLITICO.

Asked about his refusal to sign the memorandum, Armey, a former House Republican leader, said, “What bothered me most about that was that he was asking me to lie, and it was a lie that I thought brought the organization in harm’s way.”

Face it, TeaTrolls, you've been played for suckers.

That is also in Rachel's reporting.

• Naive, gullible wingnuts give money to a fake grass roots organization to be used against Obama's reelection.
  • Fake grass roots organization uses money to pay staffers to research and write book on behalf of organization's executive.
  • Fake grass roots organization's executive releases book under his own name, and profits from the work of others.
  • Wingnuts protest that it can't be true, because Rachel Maddow is reporting it.

Wow, this thread really brought the crazies out.

Hope the FBI is monitoring this board.

ATF too.

The guy who sold Bill Paxon down the river, in order to sidle up to Gingrich and his neocon goon squad, oughtta be an authority on grifting.
Haven't heard that name in ages! It was probably the best thing for him, though: he's one of Washington's top lobbyists now, for Boeing, among others.

On the downside, he's married to Susan Molinari.

The guy who sold Bill Paxon down the river, in order to sidle up to Gingrich and his neocon goon squad, oughtta be an authority on grifting.
Haven't heard that name in ages! It was probably the best thing for him, though: he's one of Washington's top lobbyists now, for Boeing, among others.

On the downside, he's married to Susan Molinari.
Right...But if there's any question as to which team Armey plays for (the neocon ruling class) and what a sleazy little infiltrating and back-stabbing weasel he is, it should now be abundantly clear to anyone who has been paying any attention for the past couple of decades.

I haven't believed the sincerity of a single a word that has come out of his pie hole since '96.

Forum List

Back