CDZ Devolution of the USA?

The Romans began to consider bread and circuses their due as citizens.
We've got welfare and food stamps. Same thing.

There are many analogies to the fall of the Roman Empire, but I have not seen much about what happened to the Roman people themselves. Did they forget their own technology for the next 500 years? How did this "dumbing down" happen?

Is it also happening here? It seems to me that the average American becomes more illiterate and less knowledgeable every year. If so, who is going to keep things running in the future? Are we looking at an elite class of technocrats who manage to keep the masses occupied with "reality" TV shows and video games?

What happens when the masses achieve critical mass?

The Roman Empire instituted the Christian religion under Constantine, and his puritanical laws made it a place that was no longer worth living in. Same as with the Red States.

Obviously, this is nonsense.

The Roman Empire decayed gradually the same way the Great American Society is now decaying.

They created a great society which all wanted to be a part of, and they started accepting Invaders, like the Visigoths...who sometimes invaded armed and as warriors. The Roman generally could handle that, but when they came in peace...like the current Mexican Invasion...the Romans allowed it...and the new blood having come to live off what had been built...did nothing to contribute...and just sucked off the fruits available.

In the meantime, the Romans themselves were going from self-reliant and industrious, to lazy people who expected the State to take care of them just because they were Roman citizens....See for example Detroit/Baltimore/Chicago today.

The Great American Society is following the decline of the Romans, and the Greeks.....allowing illegal invasion; and taking care of, not just people who can't take care of themselves, but also people who won't take care of themselves.

Great Societies will likely follow the same fate, until human nature itself changes.

images

The failure of people to understand that it is not governments responsibility to take care of them; except for ensuring their basic freedoms, liberties, and national defense; while it is the citizens responsibility to ensure that the state functions effectively and efficiently through their own actions and choices is a perplexing dilemma.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Reading and writing is not intelligence, it's a craft.

I believe the theory that we are de evolving is just another "kids these days" with nothing but hysteria behind it.

Rome fell because of military over reach, booty that paid the army ran out when Pax Romano was the policy and no new lands to loot to pay for the military was the result..... thus they also had too many people contending for the position of emperor which cause many civil wars. Rome had always allowed foreigners into their empire...That is what made them great.

I believe the theory that we are de evolving is just another "kids these days" with nothing but hysteria behind it.

Language is the operating system for intelligence, and reading and writing are the best ways to develop that system. Children who are denied language during their developmental years (e.g., wolf children) are permanently mentally disabled. To a lesser extent, the same result occurs when children are brought up in an intellectually deprived home. This is why we have increasing numbers of unemployable people in our country.

Language is the operating system for intelligence, and reading and writing are the best ways to develop that system. Children who are denied language during their developmental years (e.g., wolf children) are permanently mentally disabled. To a lesser extent, the same result occurs when children are brought up in an intellectually deprived home. This is why we have increasing numbers of unemployable people in our country.
The best way in 2015 to share a message is verbally on a phone or video.

Noone is a wolf child. You're comparing not using "proper English" with knowing no language at all, which is not an apt comparison whatsoever.

"Aint" used to not be a word/be "inappropriate."

But since everyone knows what the fuck it means, it does the job completely fine.

Maybe evolution involves being less prudish about the small brained nonsensical things which in the end are meaningless.

I really dig how technology has given the means to stoopid muppets to really screw up everything they've worked for in one felt keystroke.........Facebook, Twitter, Ashley Madison, etc.
What a shitshow........but I like shitshows, especially when they don't involve me.

I really dig how technology has given the means to stoopid muppets to really screw up everything they've worked for in one felt keystroke.........Facebook, Twitter, Ashley Madison, etc.
What a shitshow........but I like shitshows, especially when they don't involve me.
Sure they dont. Youre on one:messageboards.

images

Then thar's the ones at the opposite end of the scale who consider themselves the spellin' and grammar police who's only abilities appear to be just that and nothin' else.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

This isn't the same. If you believe it is, then tell me why.

There places that allow vile human beings to type hateful things behind there anonymous user handles and say things that they would never in their lives say to people's faces or out in public. It gives the looniest of feelings inside of everybody af voice.

images

Oh come now!!!!! Do they have to change the name on the forum heading to something more obvious to make you change your mind?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Typos caused by talk to text. I do know the difference between all the theres but my phone apparently doesn't

Maybe evolution involves being less prudish about the small brained nonsensical things which in the end are meaningless.

Maybe you are unfamiliar with higher order thinking? One of the reasons Chinese and Japanese students score higher on IQ tests is because they must have the mental discipline to memorize thousands of unique characters in their written language.

Maybe you are unfamiliar with higher order thinking? One of the reasons Chinese and Japanese students score higher on IQ tests is because they must have the mental discipline to memorize thousands of unique characters in their written language.
Does making millions of dollars a year being a professional video gamer take mental discipline? Curious on your answer to this

There are many analogies to the fall of the Roman Empire, but I have not seen much about what happened to the Roman people themselves. Did they forget their own technology for the next 500 years? How did this "dumbing down" happen?

Is it also happening here? It seems to me that the average American becomes more illiterate and less knowledgeable every year. If so, who is going to keep things running in the future? Are we looking at an elite class of technocrats who manage to keep the masses occupied with "reality" TV shows and video games?

What happens when the masses achieve critical mass?

Your impression is not accurate.

Rome fell because of military over reach, booty that paid the army ran out when Pax Romano was the policy and no new lands to loot to pay for the military was the result..... thus they also had too many people contending for the position of emperor which cause many civil wars. Rome had always allowed foreigners into their empire...That is what made them great.

Actually Rome forced many foreign groups into their empire and/or into abject slavery. They entered Rome in chains more often than not. The Roman economy was largely dependent on slavery; not being friendly to immigrants. There was no easy way for an immigrant to become a Roman citizen unless they were wealthy enough to bribe corrupt government officials. I don't think Rome was nearly as "great" as it is often portrayed.

Forum List

Back