Developer of Mosque: We will not take money from Hamas, Iran

One guys says the wont, the other says they will.

Who are we to believe.

The Imam who says Hamas is not a terrorist group and he would take money from them an Iran. Or the Money guy developer who says the will not?

Well, the developer is the man who a.) had the idea, b.) bought the building, and c.) is in charge of the money.

But, feel free to make up some more reasons not to believe him.
There are a number of problems with your post.

I'm not saying I do not believe him, but he only Bought the property for 4 Million. It is the Imam And his group the Cordoba Initiative that are raising the 125 Million to Build the Property.
This isn't true. He's not just the developer, he's also a co-chair of the project, and on the paperwork as the chairman of the non-profit they're looking to start (Park51). The Cordoba Iniative no longer has anything to do with Park51.
FAQ: PARK51

What is Park51?

Park51 is an independent project led by Muslim Americans for all New Yorkers. This project is separate from the Cordoba Initiative and ASMA. 

I am simply pointing out that he is not the one raising the 125 Million dollars to build it. That is being done mainly by the Imam and the Cordoba Initiative. The Imam is on record saying he would take money from Iran. He has said he would not take money from Terrorists, but then he will not call Hamas a Terrorist group.
See previous for why this is incorrect: The Cordoba Initiative no longer has anything to do with the Park51 center, and el-Gamal is very much a fundraiser, if not the primary fundraiser.

Not to mention his Organization is named after the site of a great Muslim victory over Christianity. A victory the Imam claims ushered in 300 Years of Peace. Sure there was relative Peace, Because the Muslims had conquered Most of the Christian world that had the ability to Oppose them. It was only a period of Peace if you Converted to Islam. If you did not you were going to die.

This is correct, except for the highlighted part. The reason for naming the building Cordoba House initially was because the "300 years of peace", Muslims, Christians and Jews all lived in peace - no one was killed for not being Muslim.
So No I do not think the Developer is the one in charge of who they will take the 125 Million from. He can say they wont take Money from Iran, but I do not believe he has much say in it.

I've addressed this.

It was only a period of Peace if you Converted to Islam. If you did not you were going to die.

False. You are describing Christian Europe. This is what happened in Islamic Spain:

"The era of Muslim rule in Spain (8th-11th century) was considered the "Golden Age" for Spanish Jewry. Jewish intellectual and spiritual life flourished and many Jews served in Spanish courts. Jewish economic expansion was unparalleled. In Toledo, Jews were involved in translating Arabic texts to the romance languages, as well as translating Greek and Hebrew texts into Arabic. Jews also contributed to botany, geography, medicine, mathematics, poetry and philosophy.

A number of well-known Jewish physicians practiced during this period, including Hasdai Ibn Shaprut (915-970), who was the doctor for the Caliph (leader of Spain). Many famous Jewish figures lived during the Golden Age and contributed to making this a flourishing period for Jewish thought. These included Samuel Ha-Nagid, Moses ibn Ezra, Solomon ibn Gabirol Judah Halevi and Moses Maimonides."

Sephardim

Well, the developer is the man who a.) had the idea, b.) bought the building, and c.) is in charge of the money.

But, feel free to make up some more reasons not to believe him.
There are a number of problems with your post.

This isn't true. He's not just the developer, he's also a co-chair of the project, and on the paperwork as the chairman of the non-profit they're looking to start (Park51). The Cordoba Iniative no longer has anything to do with Park51.

See previous for why this is incorrect: The Cordoba Initiative no longer has anything to do with the Park51 center, and el-Gamal is very much a fundraiser, if not the primary fundraiser.

Not to mention his Organization is named after the site of a great Muslim victory over Christianity. A victory the Imam claims ushered in 300 Years of Peace. Sure there was relative Peace, Because the Muslims had conquered Most of the Christian world that had the ability to Oppose them. It was only a period of Peace if you Converted to Islam. If you did not you were going to die.

This is correct, except for the highlighted part. The reason for naming the building Cordoba House initially was because the "300 years of peace", Muslims, Christians and Jews all lived in peace - no one was killed for not being Muslim.
So No I do not think the Developer is the one in charge of who they will take the 125 Million from. He can say they wont take Money from Iran, but I do not believe he has much say in it.

I've addressed this.
sorry, but the lie is "300 years of peace"

Just copied an Rueters article stating that the GZM project might apply for, ans GET, PUBLIC FUNDING (as in US taxpayers).

I'd link the story but I cannot, unitl I have at least 15 posts. (?)

I can quote it ,however,and post the link later:

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The Muslim center planned near the site of the World Trade Center attack could qualify for tax-free financing, a spokesman for City Comptroller John Liu said on Friday, and Liu is willing to consider approving the public subsidy.

The Democratic comptroller's spokesman, Scott Sieber, said Liu supported the project. The center has sparked an intense debate over U.S. religious freedoms and the sanctity of the Trade Center site, where nearly 3,000 perished in the September 11, 2001 attack.

"If it turns out to be financially feasible and if they can demonstrate an ability to pay off the bonds and comply with the laws concerning tax-exempt financing, we'd certainly consider it," Sieber told Reuters.

Spokesmen for Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Governor David Paterson and the Islamic center and were not immediately available.

The proposed center, two blocks from the Trade Center site in lower Manhattan, has caused a split between people who lost relatives and friends in the attack, as well as conservative politicians, and those who support the project. Among those who support it are the mayor, civic and religious groups, and some families of victims.

The mosque's backers hope to raise a total of $70 million in tax-exempt debt to build the center, according to the New York Times. Tax laws allow such funding for religiously affiliated non-profits if they can prove the facility will benefit the general public and their religious activities are funded separately.

The bonds could be issued through a local development corporation created for this purpose, experts said.

The Islamic center would have to repay the bonds, which likely would be less expensive than taxable debt.

New York City's Industrial Development Authority could not issue debt for the center because the state civic facilities law, which governed this type of financing for non-profits, was allowed to expire about two years ago.

That'd go over like a turd in a swimming pool...given that the overwhelming majority of Americans have already made plain their displeasure with this project at its current location.

Last edited:
If we take this man at his word I would say this is good news. I would also add that perhaps this developer has more integrity than some of the lefties on this board who said "Who cares where the money is from?"

Last edited:

No money from Iran, Hamas ?????

First of all, that's TRUCKLOADS OF SHIT !!!!

The money will come DISGUISED, OR LAUNDERED through HUNDREDS, even THOUSANDS of 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th parties.

And....if and when caught......these ARSEHOLES WILL DENY THEIR COMPLICITY.

And, PREDICTABLY, MF Obamarrhoidal LIEberrhoid ARSEHOLES like yourself will put up your USUAL PRO TERRORIST ANTI-AMERICAN BULLSHIT DEFENCE !!!

But, even let's assume that OBVIOUS option doesn't materialize........

SO FUCKING WHAT ???? THE MONEY WILL COME FROM MFMUSLIMS LIKE PRINCE ALWALEED OF SAUDI ARABIA WHO IS A FUCKING MUSLIM ARSEHOLE THAT OPENLY SPONSORS THE TERRORISTS !!!!!

Last edited:
You are aware the that Quran allows muslims to LIE to "infidels."

That means you and me.

No, of course, the Doctor is in is not aware of this. What was I thinking?

Just because they say they won't take funding from Hamas, et al, doesn't mean that's the truth.

Mohammed lied to a LOT of non Muslims and then later conquered and MURDERED them.

So, did Saladin.

I find it hilarious that liberals are sooooooooooooooooooo eager to believe anything these people tell them, but NOT anything conservatives are trying to tell them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Where's it say that? Let's see the specific ayah, not a blog post. :eusa_whistle:

QURAN, HADITH.......AYAH, SHMAYAH......WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE ? ????

The incontrovertible fact is that whether it's the Quran or the Hadith.....these are.....to the MFMUSLIMS the fucking "HOLY WORDS OF THEIR MURDERING PEDOPHILE RAPIST PROPHET MOHAHAHAHAMED......coming in the TAQIYAH instruction......AND THAT IS TO LIE IF IT ADVANCES THE CAUSE OF ISLAM. Or, even if it's to save your own arse if you are working for the cause of ISLAM

Where's it say that? Let's see the specific ayah, not a blog post. :eusa_whistle:

Well that's a premise you know I can't do, because the Quran is in Arabic.

However, I CAN give you the translations that prove what I am saying is true!

Deception in Islam

Islam's doctrines of deception :: Middle East Forum

Sorry; I'm not going to do your work for you.

Let's see the specific passage that tells me I can lie to you simply by virtue of your being a non-Muslim.

richard nixon said he wasn't a crook.

bill clinton never had sex with that woman.

talk is cheap

So, without any evidence to the contrary, you're just going to choose to not believe him?

Yep. We're what is called 'skeptical' of words.... particularly when the speaker has a somewhat hinky background. Money trails can be tricky to follow.... people lie.... go figure.

And it looks like this guy is a tax cheat.

The mosque developers are tax deadbeats.

Sharif El-Gamal, the leading organizer behind the mosque and community center near Ground Zero, owes $224,270.77 in back property tax on the site, city records show.

El-Gamal's company, 45 Park Place Partners, failed to pay its half-yearly bills in January and July, according to the city Finance Department.

The delinquency is a possible violation of El-Gamal's lease with Con Edison, which owns half of the proposed building site on Park Place. El-Gamal owns the other half but must pay taxes on the entire parcel.

The lease agreement, obtained by The Post, specifies that El-Gamal's company pay taxes on the property and submit receipts to Con Ed.

Read more: Ground Zero mosque developers owe $224,000 in back property taxes on site, records show - NYPOST.com

And it looks like this guy is a tax cheat.

The mosque developers are tax deadbeats.

Sharif El-Gamal, the leading organizer behind the mosque and community center near Ground Zero, owes $224,270.77 in back property tax on the site, city records show.

El-Gamal's company, 45 Park Place Partners, failed to pay its half-yearly bills in January and July, according to the city Finance Department.

The delinquency is a possible violation of El-Gamal's lease with Con Edison, which owns half of the proposed building site on Park Place. El-Gamal owns the other half but must pay taxes on the entire parcel.

The lease agreement, obtained by The Post, specifies that El-Gamal's company pay taxes on the property and submit receipts to Con Ed.

Read more: Ground Zero mosque developers owe $224,000 in back property taxes on site, records show - NYPOST.com

Tax cheat and a liar.

BTW, there is video of a reporter trying to ask this guy WHERE HE GOT THE MONEY to buy this property WITH CASH.

He won't comment, which speaks LOUDLY that the cash probably came from foreign sources.

richard nixon said he wasn't a crook.

bill clinton never had sex with that woman.

talk is cheap

:rolleyes:

"In an interview with the magazine, a Taliban operative going by the name Zabihullah said that, by “preventing this mosque from being built, America is doing us a big favor

Get this!

We should take the word of our enemies over AMERICANS on the mosque.

That says it all!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back