Detroit...

It is amazing how much better your cash flow looks after you've screwed your creditors and bankrupted on your debt.
The sham bankruptcy destroyed the rule of law, screwed rightful creditors, and rewarded Obama's cronies in the auto unions. It certainly did not fix GM's problems, which have been years i the making, in 15 months.
GM will be back to ask for more money. It is only a matter of time.

Now "its a matter of time"

Before it was they will be back asking for money in three months and we will never see a nickle back on our investment

Moving the Goal Posts again Rabbi?

When did I post we would never see a nickle and htey'd be back in 3 months? Please post links.
Unless you're lying again. Which is what you've done.

I owe the Rabbi a public apology

Looking at his posting information, he did not join the board until Sept 2009, well after the GM Bailouts

So I publically admit I was wrong about the Rabbi and concede that he, in fact, supported Presidents Bush and Obama in bailing out the auto companies and knew all along that GM would thrive and pay back the money

Now "its a matter of time"

Before it was they will be back asking for money in three months and we will never see a nickle back on our investment

Moving the Goal Posts again Rabbi?

When did I post we would never see a nickle and htey'd be back in 3 months? Please post links.
Unless you're lying again. Which is what you've done.

I owe the Rabbi a public apology

Looking at his posting information, he did not join the board until Sept 2009, well after the GM Bailouts

So I publically admit I was wrong about the Rabbi and concede that he, in fact, supported Presidents Bush and Obama in bailing out the auto companies and knew all along that GM would thrive and pay back the money

No, asshole.
I opposed the bailouts. I still do. Obama did not bail out the auto companies. Obama inherited a bailed out GM and Chrysler and then took control by firing the CEO of GM.
So everything you have posted is incorrect.

But if they need some Good News

GM received about $50 billion last year from the U.S. government to stay in business and make it through bankruptcy court. The company repaid $6.7 billion, and the balance was converted to a 61% government stake in the automaker.

The government hopes to get the rest of the money back when GM sells its shares.

Obama on Thursday said the government will recover all taxpayer money his administration used to bail out the auto industry.

The White House said the president referred only to the $60 billion his administration spent rescuing the auto industry, not the $25 billion spent under the Bush administration. The most recent government estimate found that taxpayers will lose $24.3 billion on the auto bailout.

The Obama and Bush administrations poured $85 billion into General Motors, Chrysler, auto lenders and suppliers to avoid an industrywide meltdown in 2008 and 2009.

obie wan peddles a lot of bullshit that just ain't so.

GM received about $50 billion last year from the U.S. government to stay in business and make it through bankruptcy court. The company repaid $6.7 billion, and the balance was converted to a 61% government stake in the automaker.

The government hopes to get the rest of the money back when GM sells its shares.

Obama on Thursday said the government will recover all taxpayer money his administration used to bail out the auto industry.

The White House said the president referred only to the $60 billion his administration spent rescuing the auto industry, not the $25 billion spent under the Bush administration. The most recent government estimate found that taxpayers will lose $24.3 billion on the auto bailout.

The Obama and Bush administrations poured $85 billion into General Motors, Chrysler, auto lenders and suppliers to avoid an industrywide meltdown in 2008 and 2009.

Notice that the Bush bailout loses $24.3 billion out of $25 billion

While Obama's $60 billion will be paid back?

Hows that Hopey Changey work'n for ya?

Last edited:

Link that proves otherwise?

www.obiewanpeddlesalotofbullshit.com

Notice that the Bush bailout loses $24.3 billion out of $25 billion

While Obama's $60 billion will be paid back?

Hows that Hopey Changey work'n for ya?

Actually Fannie/Freddie continue to lose money and continue to be bailed out. How's that working out for ya?

The former mayor is in jail on corruption charges. The school board president resigned over allegations that he masturbated in his office during a meeting with an official. In any case he cannot read or write. The police chief unexpectedly resigned.
Yes, this is what happens when you elect Democrats who promise to tax the rich.

Hey, c'mon now, SOME of the criticisms in the video can be ascribed to Leftist-beliefs-gone-wild, but chronic masturbators know no political boundaries.

Sad to see the decline of a once great city

Detroit, at one time symbolized American greatness. With the decline in dominance of the American auto industry and the dispersion of auto manufacturing to less expensive areas, I doubt if Detroit will ever return to its former greatness

They have to downsize the city. Demolish what once was and concentrate on a manageable city center and try to attract new industries.

They need a powerful city planner to rescope their future...I wish them luck

Personally, I think a lot of the changes are going to have to come from the bottom up. There are some people doing very good work in that city, buying up cheap lots, repairing the houses that are worth saving while demolishing those that aren't (in order to make room for farming). In the process, they're creating more sustainable communities than their counterparts in other, healthier cities. There's a lot of bad news, but it isn't all bad, and even the bad can be seen as an opening for attempting new ways of doing things.

Detroit, at one time symbolized American greatness. With the decline in dominance of the American auto industry and the dispersion of auto manufacturing to less expensive areas, I doubt if Detroit will ever return to its former greatness

They have to downsize the city. Demolish what once was and concentrate on a manageable city center and try to attract new industries.

Personally, I think a lot of the changes are going to have to come from the bottom up. There are some people doing very good work in that city, buying up cheap lots, repairing the houses that are worth saving while demolishing those that aren't (in order to make room for farming). In the process, they're creating more sustainable communities than their counterparts in other, healthier cities. There's a lot of bad news, but it isn't all bad, and even the bad can be seen as an opening for attempting new ways of doing things.

I personally hope that Detroit can come back...and yes...it must come from the people

As long as they are willing to invest their time and sweat into their neighborhoods there is hope

04_0134_02.jpg

Pay attention, this is what is happening to towns and cities all across this nation. Cities are our of money, city governments have been ripping the people off by high salaries, and in other ways.

Police departments are being downsized, and even shut down. Schools are not getting the funding they need, and this is resulting in lost teachers, and higher ratios of students to teachers. Education is suffering.

This is really sad!

Detroit = hope and change in microcosm. The liberal American dream.

Yes...the Liberals ran those car companies into the ground
The liberals mismanaged an industry we once dominated

Detroit = hope and change in microcosm. The liberal American dream.

Yes...the Liberals ran those car companies into the ground
The liberals mismanaged an industry we once dominated

Nice try. SInce 1923 they have had 2 GOP mayors. All the others have been Dems. And last I heard, mayors run cities, not car companies.
Of course, you can't help lying because you have nothing else.

I think they already tried that with the RenCen...what they called the Renaissance Center in downtown. The city has little to offer, there fore has little tax base and has suffered an exodus that has them on the verge of moving people from out lying areas closer to downtown, laying waste, well its a waste already, I mean basically gutting any free standing bldg.s and rolling it over to cut costs on street maintenance, garbage collection etc. in those sparsely populated zones..... friggin Chernobyl minus the meltdown.

It really is a shame. The auto makers started moving their in-country production plants away, into states like South Carolina and Georgia, thus hurting the proud city of Detroit. Wonder why they did that (Hint: non-union labor, low corporate taxes).

Forum List

Back