Detroit Tigers 161 Games from UNdefeated!

thats really impressive beating the TWINKIES.lol.

Did they beat them in that shithole stadium Comerico Park?

Tiger stadium rulz over that piece of shit stinkhole they play in now.

Ah, a Cubs fan....you can always spot them by the scar tissue on their wrists.

well the Cubs are my favorite team in the NATIONAL league no doubt,an organization that cares about preserving history unlike the A hole owner of the Tigers and their crosstown rival the white sox A holes,yes the Cubs are my favorite in the national league but my favorite is the Royals naturally since I have lived here in KC my whole life.

best ballpark in the country bar none with the water fountains to look at between innings.:thup:

matter of fact thats was the ONLY thing that kept me going every year to watch them the last 25 years where they only had one winning season in that timeframe was being such a lucky bastard to be able to go out and look at the most beautiful ballpark in the country.:banana:

my Royals as I am sure you are aware,were the fortunate ones to play in old tiger stadium the COOL ballpark before the evil assholes tore it down.I was there for that last game.i got the proof to prove it with my shirt i purchased THE LAST RUMBLE ON TRUMBLE.

If KC's stadium is as nice as you say its a shame the product they put in it is so lousy. Your fans come to see our players not your own. Ha! Jk.

Well if you were talking five years ago or even three years ago that would be true,thats been true for pretty much the past 25 years or so the fact the Royals for all those years in reality were just a minor league team developing players for MAJOR league ballclubs because of their owner David ASS being so cheap.

Ewing Kauffman no doubt was rolling over in his grave for so many years watching how he ran that franchise into the ground.

Like i said,for the past 25 years or so I just went out to the games ONLY to watch the water fountains in the outfield before the game started.screw the game.the highlight for me was watching the water fountains between innings.lol. they are quite a fun site to watch ESPECIALLY at night when they are lit up.:thup::banana:

Finally though this year i have a team to get excited about with most the players coming back this year. The Tigers and Royals are both 6-0 so looks like we will be battling each other for the division title again this year.

Matter of fact,here is the proof in the pudding that Royals stadium is the most beautiful ballpark in the country. when your Tigers were here once,Sparky Anderson even said so.He was asked to rank his top five favorite ballparks that he enjoyed playing in the the most from both the american and national leagues and Royals stadium came in at number one.:banana::thup: and remember,Anderson managed in BOTH leagues so he had seen them all.

so sealybobo,bullkurtz,have you been to a game here by chance? you got to do so if you havent.

I have not....they switched back to a grass field didn't they?

well Royals Stadium never had grass in the beginning so I wouldnt say they SWITCHED back.lol They had artificial turf when the stadium was first built and then in 94 both Royals stadium and arrowhead went to a grass field.

The idiots NEVER should have had artificial turf.It ruined George Bretts career. After he retired he talked about how playing on artificial turf there caused many of his injurys he sustained his whole career playing there.

Had they played on natural grass he wouldnt have had so many of the injurys he sustained while playing.

well the Cubs are my favorite team in the NATIONAL league no doubt,an organization that cares about preserving history unlike the A hole owner of the Tigers and their crosstown rival the white sox A holes,yes the Cubs are my favorite in the national league but my favorite is the Royals naturally since I have lived here in KC my whole life.

best ballpark in the country bar none with the water fountains to look at between innings.:thup:

matter of fact thats was the ONLY thing that kept me going every year to watch them the last 25 years where they only had one winning season in that timeframe was being such a lucky bastard to be able to go out and look at the most beautiful ballpark in the country.:banana:

my Royals as I am sure you are aware,were the fortunate ones to play in old tiger stadium the COOL ballpark before the evil assholes tore it down.I was there for that last game.i got the proof to prove it with my shirt i purchased THE LAST RUMBLE ON TRUMBLE.

If KC's stadium is as nice as you say its a shame the product they put in it is so lousy. Your fans come to see our players not your own. Ha! Jk.

Well if you were talking five years ago or even three years ago that would be true,thats been true for pretty much the past 25 years or so the fact the Royals for all those years in reality were just a minor league team developing players for MAJOR league ballclubs because of their owner David ASS being so cheap.

Ewing Kauffman no doubt was rolling over in his grave for so many years watching how he ran that franchise into the ground.

Like i said,for the past 25 years or so I just went out to the games ONLY to watch the water fountains in the outfield before the game started.screw the game.the highlight for me was watching the water fountains between innings.lol. they are quite a fun site to watch ESPECIALLY at night when they are lit up.:thup::banana:

Finally though this year i have a team to get excited about with most the players coming back this year. The Tigers and Royals are both 6-0 so looks like we will be battling each other for the division title again this year.

Matter of fact,here is the proof in the pudding that Royals stadium is the most beautiful ballpark in the country. when your Tigers were here once,Sparky Anderson even said so.He was asked to rank his top five favorite ballparks that he enjoyed playing in the the most from both the american and national leagues and Royals stadium came in at number one.:banana::thup: and remember,Anderson managed in BOTH leagues so he had seen them all.

so sealybobo,bullkurtz,have you been to a game here by chance? you got to do so if you havent.
I bet sparky put every stadium in his top five when he was in your home town and being interviewed by a local news person. As a conspiracy theorist you must know this happens.

Like he would say 5 and leave out the stadium he's in. Lol. One he might say is because it was the first major league game he played in or last or because of the fans or history or because the parks beauty.

Clearly you arent his top 3. Lol. Only 4 or 5. Who else was on his list? Detroit can't be one of them. It is in Detroit after all. Is Cincinnatis stadium cool? I can't imagine.

I can't see myself ever going to Kansas. Maybe one day I'll follow the yellow brick road. Or if I hit the lotto. You never know business could take me there.

You were there for the last game? I was at one of the last games. It might have been the last I forgot. Fireworks after the game. It was hot. Went with my coworkers.

I heard the cubs organization should be embarrassed the stadium is under renovation and they should have got it done in the off season and they dont have enough bathrooms took 2 hours to pee people were pissing in the place between the stadium and food. Where you walk out to go get food. Theyre going to put ports potties out. I wouldnt go until they finish construction. And I'd want a discount if I had season tickets. The cubs will never win and the royals have been irrelevant since George Brett. Lol

This is a long post so bear with me here.

Well not for the VERY last game just to be accurate.It was the first of the last three game series there I saw.I still cant believe how lucky I was that they decided their last three games there would be against my Royals.

I didnt care who it was,I wanted to see the ballpark live before they got rid of it.The Royals being the last team to play them there just made it all the more sweeter and more special. Towards the end of the game,they marched out the police riding on horses.I was surprised since you would think they would only do that for the VERY last game there.I took pictures of the stadium. I also saw old yankee stadium before they tore it done as well.

Yeah I heard that about the Cubs renovating their stadium.they have the bleachers closed in the outfield for the renovations.suppose to be done after this month. 2 hours? damn.

I'll remember that when I travel up there next month in may when they play the Royals.I been waiting for the Cubs and Royals to play for the longest time.The last time they played was way back when cheater sammy sosa was playing and it was here in KC.I got a flag with the Royals and Cubs emblems on them. I was so glad they scheduled the Royals to travel there instead of them coming here again since I have always wanted to see a game there at Wrigley.:banana:

Yeah I tend to agree that the Cubs will never win.The day they make it back to the world series we'll both be long gone from this planet by then.lol

You would think anyways.However miracles do happen.I honestly never thought the Royals would ever make it back to the world series again,not in my lifetime anyways, so miracles do indeed happen.

Honest.Im very serious.I thought the day they made it back to the world series would be when i was long gone and not around anymore.:biggrin:

I guarantee that IS the case with the Chiefs though thankfully.:biggrin: I said 20 years ago that the Royals would make it back to the world series before the Chiefs ever made it back to the superbowl and this was when they were the joke of major league baseball. I had no idea back then when i spoke those words though that I would turn out to be a prophet.

I hate the Chiefs.always root for the team that plays them to win every week unless its the cowboys or that phony fraud team that is playing in st louis for one more year.Only time I EVER liked the Chiefs was when Joe Montana was here.

Had no choice but to like them back then since I always loved watching him when he was a niner. He will always be my most favorite QB to ever play the game.He sure was fun to watch.Even in his twilight years with the Chiefs.That was THEIR last chance to make it back to the superbowl in my lifetime.that I guarantee.lol

With the Royals,I honestly believed they never would make it back to the world series again as long as they had their current idiot owner David Glass who I refer to as David ASS.:biggrin: He has always been cheap with a payroll that was always at the bottom of the league.For the last 20 years or so,the Royals were in reality,a farm club.a minor league team that developed all their players for other major league clubs.

for so long every time one of their players came out of their farm system and got good,they gave him away to another team.they were a minor league team developing their players for other clubs never keeping them past five years once they got into the big leagues.

My only hope of having a player come out of their farm system and retire a Royal like the good old days is with Alex Gordon but I wont hold my breath.

the days of players like George Brett, Cal Ripken,and your Tiger greats Alan Trammel and Lou Whittaker playing their entire careers with one team are long over with.thats pretty much the ONLY reason i still go to games out here is just to look at the water fountains.cant get excited about a team when you know they will be gone after five years or so.

Thats why I lost interest in baseball and only occassionally watch the playoffs.same with football.I still watch it but I dont get excited about sundays anymore since players dont stay with one team anymore.

Thats the only reason why the Royals made it to the world series this past season is because David Ass FINALLY changed his ways and started keeping his players and stopped being an ass and dug into his pockets to spend money on free agents.

James Shields was his best free agent pickup ever.They lost him of course but they got a lot of great arms still especially in the bullpen to keep it going.Once the Royals have the lead,its almost always game over for the opponent.our bullpen is practically unhittable.

matter of fact when the A'S were in town towards the end of the year last year,they told one of the local sportswriters here that interviewed some of the hitters that the Royals bullpen was nothing like they had seen all year long or ever seen before.:banana:

Thats why they should be a good team to be reckond with for years to come because all their good players other than Gordon,are all locked up with long term contracts.

You know the baseball hall of fame is such a freaking joke.How is it that great players your tigers Alan Trammel and Lou Whitaker and Frank White of the Royals are NOT in the hall of fame yet that overrated idiot manager the Royals used to have Whitey Herzog IS in the hall? thats fucked.

Herzog wasnt a good manager.The Royals got to the playoffs against the yankees all those years DESPITE him not because of him.He just inherited a talented promising team that was on the rise with the Royals and they made him look good.same with the cardinals.

He always made decisions that would blow the final playoff game against the Yankees everytime. The proof is in the pudding he was an idiot.I always said if the Royals would just get rid of Whitey Herzog,they could beat the Yankees and make it to the world series.well they finally did get rid of him and thats when they finally beat the Yankees and finally made it to their first world series.that was all they needed to do was get rid of the white rat.:biggrin:
You can't believe your team will never win in your life. If I believed that how could I watch the lions play every Sunday?

I only care about hockey in the playoffs and even then I dont actually watch. If someone gives me tickets I go down and sell them for $100 each. Can't believe people pay that to watch a hockey game.

You just gotta hope your teams will turn it around next year or until they prove otherwise maybe this year.

I think the pistons are about ready to start making the playoffs next year. Can't wait.

I remember after the tigers won in the 80s and who would have thought roughly 30 years later no more championships. But weve been competitive for ten years. Would you prefer 1 ring and 30 sucky years or 10 years 4 division titles and 2 world series but no win?

If you've never seen a championship you probably say a ring.

well thats easy for you to say.you didnt have an owner named David ASS for your baseball team who ran the team into the ground for over two decades.

As i said,for the past 25 years or so,the Royals in reality were a minor league team developing players for other major league teams as were the Pirates,Twins and others.

I dont think anybody here in kc ever figured the ASS owner would change his ways and spend some money and stop being the cheapskate ass he was.

As I said,Ewing Kauffman has been rolling over in his grave the past 25 years having to watch Davis ASS run that franchise into the ground.:mad:

Thats differerent with football though,they have a salary cap making it possible for every team in the NFL to have a chance to compete.

there needs to be a law passed for the same thing to apply to baseball.

so tell me,HAVE you ever been to KC to see a game before?

You were there for the last game? I was at one of the last games. It might have been the last I forgot. Fireworks after the game. It was hot. Went with my coworkers.

I heard the cubs organization should be embarrassed the stadium is under renovation and they should have got it done in the off season and they dont have enough bathrooms took 2 hours to pee people were pissing in the place between the stadium and food. Where you walk out to go get food. Theyre going to put ports potties out. I wouldnt go until they finish construction. And I'd want a discount if I had season tickets. The cubs will never win and the royals have been irrelevant since George Brett. Lol

Well not for the VERY last game just to be accurate.It was the first of the last three game series there I saw.I still cant believe how lucky I was that they decided their last three games there would be against my Royals.

I didnt care who it was,I wanted to see the ballpark live before they got rid of it.The Royals being the last team to play them there just made it all the more sweeter and more special. Towards the end of the game,they marched out the police riding on horses.I was surprised since you would think they would only do that for the VERY last game there.I took pictures of the stadium. I also saw old yankee stadium before they tore it done as well.

Yeah I heard that about the Cubs renovating their stadium.they have the bleachers closed in the outfield for the renovations.suppose to be done after this month. 2 hours? damn.

I'll remember that when I travel up there next month in may when they play the Royals.I been waiting for the Cubs and Royals to play for the longest time.The last time they played was way back when cheater sammy sosa was playing and it was here in KC.I got a flag with the Royals and Cubs emblems on them. I was so glad they scheduled the Royals to travel there instead of them coming here again since I have always wanted to see a game there at Wrigley.:banana:

Yeah I tend to agree that the Cubs will never win.The day they make it back to the world series we'll both be long gone from this planet by then.lol

You would think anyways.However miracles do happen.I honestly never thought the Royals would ever make it back to the world series again,not in my lifetime anyways, so miracles do indeed happen.

Honest.Im very serious.I thought the day they made it back to the world series would be when i was long gone and not around anymore.:biggrin:

I guarantee that IS the case with the Chiefs though thankfully.:biggrin: I said 20 years ago that the Royals would make it back to the world series before the Chiefs ever made it back to the superbowl and this was when they were the joke of major league baseball. I had no idea back then when i spoke those words though that I would turn out to be a prophet.

I hate the Chiefs.always root for the team that plays them to win every week unless its the cowboys or that phony fraud team that is playing in st louis for one more year.Only time I EVER liked the Chiefs was when Joe Montana was here.

Had no choice but to like them back then since I always loved watching him when he was a niner. He will always be my most favorite QB to ever play the game.He sure was fun to watch.Even in his twilight years with the Chiefs.That was THEIR last chance to make it back to the superbowl in my lifetime.that I guarantee.lol

With the Royals,I honestly believed they never would make it back to the world series again as long as they had their current idiot owner David Glass who I refer to as David ASS.:biggrin: He has always been cheap with a payroll that was always at the bottom of the league.For the last 20 years or so,the Royals were in reality,a farm club.a minor league team that developed all their players for other major league clubs.

for so long every time one of their players came out of their farm system and got good,they gave him away to another team.they were a minor league team developing their players for other clubs never keeping them past five years once they got into the big leagues.

My only hope of having a player come out of their farm system and retire a Royal like the good old days is with Alex Gordon but I wont hold my breath.

the days of players like George Brett, Cal Ripken,and your Tiger greats Alan Trammel and Lou Whittaker playing their entire careers with one team are long over with.thats pretty much the ONLY reason i still go to games out here is just to look at the water fountains.cant get excited about a team when you know they will be gone after five years or so.

Thats why I lost interest in baseball and only occassionally watch the playoffs.same with football.I still watch it but I dont get excited about sundays anymore since players dont stay with one team anymore.

Thats the only reason why the Royals made it to the world series this past season is because David Ass FINALLY changed his ways and started keeping his players and stopped being an ass and dug into his pockets to spend money on free agents.

James Shields was his best free agent pickup ever.They lost him of course but they got a lot of great arms still especially in the bullpen to keep it going.Once the Royals have the lead,its almost always game over for the opponent.our bullpen is practically unhittable.

matter of fact when the A'S were in town towards the end of the year last year,they told one of the local sportswriters here that interviewed some of the hitters that the Royals bullpen was nothing like they had seen all year long or ever seen before.:banana:

Thats why they should be a good team to be reckond with for years to come because all their good players other than Gordon,are all locked up with long term contracts.

You know the baseball hall of fame is such a freaking joke.How is it that great players your tigers Alan Trammel and Lou Whitaker and Frank White of the Royals are NOT in the hall of fame yet that overrated idiot manager the Royals used to have Whitey Herzog IS in the hall? thats fucked.

Herzog wasnt a good manager.The Royals got to the playoffs against the yankees all those years DESPITE him not because of him.He just inherited a talented promising team that was on the rise with the Royals and they made him look good.same with the cardinals.

He always made decisions that would blow the final playoff game against the Yankees everytime. The proof is in the pudding he was an idiot.I always said if the Royals would just get rid of Whitey Herzog,they could beat the Yankees and make it to the world series.well they finally did get rid of him and thats when they finally beat the Yankees and finally made it to their first world series.that was all they needed to do was get rid of the white rat.:biggrin:
You can't believe your team will never win in your life. If I believed that how could I watch the lions play every Sunday?

I only care about hockey in the playoffs and even then I dont actually watch. If someone gives me tickets I go down and sell them for $100 each. Can't believe people pay that to watch a hockey game.

You just gotta hope your teams will turn it around next year or until they prove otherwise maybe this year.

I think the pistons are about ready to start making the playoffs next year. Can't wait.

I remember after the tigers won in the 80s and who would have thought roughly 30 years later no more championships. But weve been competitive for ten years. Would you prefer 1 ring and 30 sucky years or 10 years 4 division titles and 2 world series but no win?

well thats easy for you to say.you didnt have an owner named David ASS for your baseball team who ran the team into the ground for over two decades.

As i said,for the past 25 years or so,the Royals in reality were a minor league team developing players for other major league teams as were the Pirates,Twins and others.

I dont think anybody here in kc ever figured the ASS owner would change his ways and spend some money and stop being the cheapskate ass he was.

As I said,Ewing Kauffman has been rolling over in his grave the past 25 years having to watch Davis ASS run that franchise into the ground.:mad:

Thats differerent with football though,they have a salary cap making it possible for every team in the NFL to have a chance to compete.

No. I would have to be there for a reason to go see a game like I did when I was in L.A. and caught a laker game. Pretty cool. $10 scalped ticket. Kid wanted $20 but the game already started I told him "fine eat the ticket" and he sold it for $10. Lol

How did the dolfins afford to pay adumbakin sue so much? How they gonna afford to pay anyone else?

I bet sparky put every stadium in his top five when he was in your home town and being interviewed by a local news person. As a conspiracy theorist you must know this happens.

Like he would say 5 and leave out the stadium he's in. Lol. One he might say is because it was the first major league game he played in or last or because of the fans or history or because the parks beauty.

Clearly you arent his top 3. Lol. Only 4 or 5. Who else was on his list? Detroit can't be one of them. It is in Detroit after all. Is Cincinnatis stadium cool? I can't imagine.

I can't see myself ever going to Kansas. Maybe one day I'll follow the yellow brick road. Or if I hit the lotto. You never know business could take me there.

Dude dont repeat the tiresome line of the governments so many brainwashed sheep here at USMB do.so many americans here call me a conspiracy theorist because they dont understand that was a term the government coined for people who dont fall for their propaganda bullshit and lies such as the now proven biggest bullshit lie ever that oswald killed JFK.

they consider 80% of americans conspiracy THEORISTS since thats the percentage of americans who dont believe that bullshit proven lie anymore.:rolleyes-41:

I dont deal with theories,I deal with FACTS so if you are going to use any labels,at least have the decency to use the CORRECT one that I am a conspiracy REALIST.

a conspiracy THEORIST would be someone who still belives in that bullshit that oswald was the lone assassin.:rolleyes-41:

oh and I just used sparky anderson since he was your Tiger manager,countless numbers of other national sportscasters have said the same thing so no,i wasnt just going by what Sparky said so you know.:biggrin:

No. I would have to be there for a reason to go see a game like I did when I was in L.A. and caught a laker game. Pretty cool. $10 scalped ticket. Kid wanted $20 but the game already started I told him "fine eat the ticket" and he sold it for $10. Lol

Oh well for me,I am a purist so I like to see the old ballparks that i remembered watching while growing up.I have seen fenway park as well along with old yankee stadium and tiger stadium because there was a lot of talk back then they were going to tear that ballpark down as well.

Matter of fact when i was there I saw bumper stickers that said save fenway park as I did when i was in detroit with bumper stickers that read save tiger stadium.

with baseball,it was the tearing down of classic ballparks such as tiger stadium that made me pretty much lose complete interest in the sport besides players not playing for one team their whole careers anymore.

with football,it was because of how so many teams were giving the middle finger to their fans leaving for another city. Imagine how YOU would feel if the Lions left detroit for someplace like san antonio.You would go into major depression mode am I right?

Just imagine that happening and you now understand the trauma I went through when the Rams left LA.No I dont live in california but I loved them growing up as much as i did the Royals and that was ONLY because they played in my favorite state california.

Had they stayed in Cleveland where they played for only their first five years or so,I NEVER would have become a Rams fan.

I ONLY loved them because they were the LA Rams.I refuse to root for a Rams team that doent have the name LOS ANGELES in front of it.

Oh well for me,I am a purist so I like to see the old ballparks that i remembered watching while growing up.I have seen fenway park as well along with old yankee stadium and tiger stadium because there was a lot of talk back then they were going to tear that ballpark down as well.

Matter of fact when i was there I saw bumper stickers that said save fenway park as I did when i was in detroit with bumper stickers that read save tiger stadium.

with baseball,it was the tearing down of classic ballparks such as tiger stadium that made me pretty much lose complete interest in the sport besides players not playing for one team their whole careers anymore.

with football,it was because of how so many teams were giving the middle finger to their fans leaving for another city. Imagine how YOU would feel if the Lions left detroit for someplace like san antonio.You would go into major depression mode am I right?

Just imagine that happening and you now understand the trauma I went through when the Rams left LA.No I dont live in california but I loved them growing up as much as i did the Royals and that was ONLY because they played in my favorite state california.

Had they stayed in Cleveland where they played for only their first five years or so,I NEVER would have become a Rams fan.

I ONLY loved them because they were the LA Rams.I refuse to root for a Rams team that doent have the name LOS ANGELES in front of it.
My roommate in college was from Ohio. Loved the browns and bernie kosar.

Dude dont repeat the tiresome line of the governments so many brainwashed sheep here at USMB do.so many americans here call me a conspiracy theorist because they dont understand that was a term the government coined for people who dont fall for their propaganda bullshit and lies such as the now proven biggest bullshit lie ever that oswald killed JFK.

they consider 80% of americans conspiracy THEORISTS since thats the percentage of americans who dont believe that bullshit proven lie anymore.:rolleyes-41:

I dont deal with theories,I deal with FACTS so if you are going to use any labels,at least have the decency to use the CORRECT one that I am a conspiracy REALIST.

a conspiracy THEORIST would be someone who still belives in that bullshit that oswald was the lone assassin.:rolleyes-41:

oh and I just used sparky anderson since he was your Tiger manager,countless numbers of other national sportscasters have said the same thing so no,i wasnt just going by what Sparky said so you know.:biggrin:
You just proved my point even more. They never ask a question they dont already know the answer to. I'll give you an example. I just saw a commercial congratulating detroiters for being voted Americas number one sports town. Do you believe that? Actually I do. Lol we rock.

Okay I'll concede to you on that.However loving the Royals like i do I have been to hundreds of games over the years so that being the case i have spoken to many folks that are baseball fans that have traveled around the country who go to all ballparks "somethign I plan to do eventually" and many I remember over the years saying Royals stadium was their favorite.that the fountains just made it such a great experience for them.

Royals stadium in fact got all major league teams to start copying them as well building separate stadiums for baseball and football in their cities,many used to share the same stadium. Pittsburgh,Cincinnati,San Diego,Minnesota,San Francisco,Oakland,the list goes on and on.

I actually liked it better the way it always was originally till they renovated it recently. They may not be the nicest still NOW with these other cities not having cookie cutter stadiums anymore but in the beginning,they had easily the best as far as modern stadiums go that were not around from the early century.that was a common belief around the country.It was no contest as far as modern stadiums such as Dodger stadium and others go. Cant compare royals stadium to the classic cool Tiger Stadium.that was a classic ballpark so were talking apples and oranges here.

Just look here.This is an objective person ranking the ballparks.Notice that the THREE ones he has ahead of the Royals are all cities who tore their original ballparks down for new stadiums? :biggrin:

Yeah, I was influenced by the charms of the night sky. Yeah, I was affected by the heat and pulse of the crowd. And yeah, a good game makes a man love the park he's sitting in. But even if the place were boneyard empty, as it's been for much of the past 20 years, and even if I were sweating out a meaningless game on a muggy afternoon, "I WOULD SAY THIS ABOUT KAUFFMAN IT'S BEAUTIFUL MAN, 10"
ESPN.com - Page2 - Diamond in the rough

In watching the Royals against the Giants last year in the world series I was even saying to myself-That ballpark having a view of the ocean i have to admit is right up there close to the Royals as the best ballpark in the country.I will admit i said that.

However The Giants ORIGINAL stadium Candlestick Park,could not hold a candle to Royals stadium.None of them could.:biggrin:

Matter of fact only three stadiums were ranked AHEAD of the Royals.The Angels,Giants,and Orioles.All these ballparks ranked ahead of them all had to build NEW stadiums though to get ranked ahead of the Royals.lol.

Those old stadiums of those 3 teams couldnt hold a candle to the original Royals stadium though .They were a dump compared to the original Royals Stadium.:biggrin: No way was candlestick park of the Giants near as nice as the Royals original stadium..:biggrin: Like I said,like all other cities,they copied off the Royals building two different ballparks.:biggrin:

These ballparks did not exist when sparky was managing so he might not have put the Royals as the first back then if they had,who knows.

But again,in going to HUNDREDS of Royal games over the years since they were such a hot item back in the 70's and 80's with George Brett,Frank White,and players that would be back every year,I spoke to lots of baseball fans over that time who had been to all the ballparks around the country and they practically all said that coming to see a game in kansas city was the stadium they enjoyed seeing the most commenting how it was such a fun experience looking at the unique huge scoreboard which that alone made it a great ballpark but the fountains easily made coming there the most fun experience for them in visiting all the ballparks around the country.

again these are all non biased people I am talking about here.people that are not media types or celebritys like sparky.:cool:

Last edited:
Okay I'll concede to you on that.However loving the Royals like i do I have been to hundreds of games over the years so that being the case i have spoken to many folks that are baseball fans that have traveled around the country who go to all ballparks "somethign I plan to do eventually" and many I remember over the years saying Royals stadium was their favorite.that the fountains just made it such a great experience for them.

Royals stadium in fact got all major league teams to start copying them as well building separate stadiums for baseball and football in their cities,many used to share the same stadium. Pittsburgh,Cincinnati,San Diego,Minnesota,San Francisco,Oakland,the list goes on and on.

I actually liked it better the way it always was originally till they renovated it recently. They may not be the nicest still NOW with these other cities not having cookie cutter stadiums anymore but in the beginning,they had easily the best as far as modern stadiums go that were not around from the early century.that was a common belief around the country.It was no contest as far as modern stadiums such as Dodger stadium and others go. Cant compare royals stadium to the classic cool Tiger Stadium.that was a classic ballpark so were talking apples and oranges here.

Just look here.This is an objective person ranking the ballparks.Notice that the THREE ones he has ahead of the Royals are all cities who tore their original ballparks down for new stadiums? :biggrin:

Yeah, I was influenced by the charms of the night sky. Yeah, I was affected by the heat and pulse of the crowd. And yeah, a good game makes a man love the park he's sitting in. But even if the place were boneyard empty, as it's been for much of the past 20 years, and even if I were sweating out a meaningless game on a muggy afternoon, "I WOULD SAY THIS ABOUT KAUFFMAN IT'S BEAUTIFUL MAN, 10"

In watching the Royals against the Giants last year in the world series I was even saying to myself-That ballpark having a view of the ocean i have to admit is right up there close to the Royals as the best ballpark in the country.I will admit i said that.

However The Giants ORIGINAL stadium Candlestick Park,could not hold a candle to Royals stadium.None of them could.:biggrin:

Matter of fact only three stadiums were ranked AHEAD of the Royals.The Angels,Giants,and Orioles.All these ballparks ranked ahead of them all had to build NEW stadiums though to get ranked ahead of the Royals.lol.

Those old stadiums of those 3 teams couldnt hold a candle to the original Royals stadium though .They were a dump compared to the original Royals Stadium.:biggrin: No way was candlestick park of the Giants near as nice as the Royals original stadium..:biggrin: Like I said,like all other cities,they copied off the Royals building two different ballparks.:biggrin:

These ballparks did not exist when sparky was managing so he might not have put the Royals as the first back then if they had,who knows.

But again,in going to HUNDREDS of Royal games over the years since they were such a hot item back in the 70's and 80's with George Brett,Frank White,and players that would be back every year,I spoke to lots of baseball fans over that time who had been to all the ballparks around the country and they practically all said that coming to see a game in kansas city was the stadium they enjoyed seeing the most commenting how it was such a fun experience looking at the unique huge scoreboard which that alone made it a great ballpark but the fountains easily made coming there the most fun experience for them in visiting all the ballparks around the country.

again these are all non biased people I am talking about here.people that are not media types or celebritys like sparky.:cool:
Are the royals still undefeated? Tigers finally lost. Almost came back and Cabrera got an RBI.

I'm going to start a thread asking people what their favorite stadiums are other than their own.

I went to Olympia Stadium and saw that redwings there before jo Jewish arena. These stadiums get old. Lions use to play in the Pontiac silverdome. Sucks because it was so big they wouldn't sell out so games weren't put on TV.

Are the royals still undefeated? Tigers finally lost. Almost came back and Cabrera got an RBI.

I'm going to start a thread asking people what their favorite stadiums are other than their own.

I went to Olympia Stadium and saw that redwings there before jo Jewish arena. These stadiums get old. Lions use to play in the Pontiac silverdome. Sucks because it was so big they wouldn't sell out so games weren't put on TV.

Last I heard my Royals were the ONLY team left undefeated.:dance:

This team is much more promising than the one in 86 after they won the world series.that was just a fluke they got to the world series and won it all that year. pure luck. where this team is EXTREMELY talented.

Last edited:

Growing up in Detroit I became a rabid Lion fan. My Dad loved them, but he saw them win regularly in the 1950s.

Once Barry Sanders retired they sucked for years...so I gave up on them. I moved across the state so we weren't blacked out of home games, but wished we were.

I went to a Bears game the last year of the Silverdome. There were more Bears fans than Lions fans, because they were going to the playoffs. I got 10 seats at the 40 yard line lower deck from work for free. As we drove into the stadium there were guys buying tickets....we were like why??? But they were scalping tickets to Bears fans. I had four unused tickets that I intended to throw away. But got $100 for beer and food.

Growing up in Detroit I became a rabid Lion fan. My Dad loved them, but he saw them win regularly in the 1950s.

Once Barry Sanders retired they sucked for years...so I gave up on them. I moved across the state so we weren't blacked out of home games, but wished we were.

I went to a Bears game the last year of the Silverdome. There were more Bears fans than Lions fans, because they were going to the playoffs. I got 10 seats at the 40 yard line lower deck from work for free. As we drove into the stadium there were guys buying tickets....we were like why??? But they were scalping tickets to Bears fans. I had four unused tickets that I intended to throw away. But got $100 for beer and food.
Love when that happens.

Last lions game I went to was the year we had a perfect record 0 & 16.

Last I heard my Royals were the ONLY team left undefeated.:dance:

This team is much more promising than the one in 86 after they won the world series.that was just a fluke they got to the world series and won it all that year. pure luck. where this team is EXTREMELY talented.
And you were so negative just a couple days ago. Go Royals!

Its a conspiracy!

Forum List

Back