Detroit Tigers 161 Games from UNdefeated!

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
While no team has ever gone 154-0 or 162-0, it's a new season and anything is possible!

The Motor City Kitties whipped the Twinks 4-0 this afternoon behind the pitching of David Price and a last batter SO by Joe Nathan. As Tiger fans know, when Nathan enters a game with runners on base, the pucker factor is off the charts. HRs by JD, Avila (yep Avila) and a 2B, 3B, and great leaping catch over the LF fence by new Tiger Cespedes were the day's highlights.....161 to go. :biggrin:

thats really impressive beating the TWINKIES.lol.

Did they beat them in that shithole stadium Comerico Park?

Tiger stadium rulz over that piece of shit stinkhole they play in now.

While no team has ever gone 154-0 or 162-0, it's a new season and anything is possible!

The Motor City Kitties whipped the Twinks 4-0 this afternoon behind the pitching of David Price and a last batter SO by Joe Nathan. As Tiger fans know, when Nathan enters a game with runners on base, the pucker factor is off the charts. HRs by JD, Avila (yep Avila) and a 2B, 3B, and great leaping catch over the LF fence by new Tiger Cespedes were the day's highlights.....161 to go. :biggrin:

Have we really won our division 4 years in a row?

Sometimes this is better than winning 1 and then being bad for 20 years. The tigers have produced a good competitive product ever since the Pudge Rodriguez days. Its been fun.

And only 1 team gets to win it all. But I luckily saw them win in the 80's.

My Nats are well on their way to 161-1 :laugh:

Did Scherzer get beat? $210M....whew.....I believe we got Max's best years.
He notched a 0.00 ERA today and pitched through 8 innings. All 3 runs were on our resident early season error machine, Ian Desmond. Scherzer was as pissed as I've ever seen any pitcher. :laugh:

But yeah that contract is biiiiig. We just need him to stay good for the rest of our window opening.

• Banned

He notched a 0.00 ERA today and pitched through 8 innings. All 3 runs were on our resident early season error machine, Ian Desmond. Scherzer was as pissed as I've ever seen any pitcher. :laugh:

But yeah that contract is biiiiig. We just need him to stay good for the rest of our window opening.

Max is a BIG GAME pitcher....he thrives on pressure....one of his eyes turned brown from pressure (okay that's a lie) but I think he will miss Jonesy the Tigers pitching coach.....he could spot little flaws in Max's delivery between innings and knew what words to use so Max would get it. Detroit offered him $144M and he turned it down....front office was PISSED....they'd have traded him during spring training but Mike Ilitch is 88 and wants a Tiger ring to go with his Red Wings rings. This is probably the man's last season in the sun....I'd like to see the Tigs whip Max and your Gnats in the World Series, 4-3.

Max is a BIG GAME pitcher....he thrives on pressure....one of his eyes turned brown from pressure (okay that's a lie) but I think he will miss Jonesy the Tigers pitching coach.....he could spot little flaws in Max's delivery between innings and knew what words to use so Max would get it. Detroit offered him $144M and he turned it down....front office was PISSED....they'd have traded him during spring training but Mike Ilitch is 88 and wants a Tiger ring to go with his Red Wings rings. This is probably the man's last season in the sun....I'd like to see the Tigs whip Max and your Gnats in the World Series, 4-3.
And I'd like to see the opposite of course. I didn't agree with the Scherzer signing, but hey he's ours now and our rotation is the best in baseball. If we get our bats going good luck to the rest of the league.

Btw Coach McCatty's no joke :wink_2:

I watch all the Tiger games (and any other game I want to see) for $24.99 a month streamed from MLB.com.....you can get the same thing for $19.99 but for another $5 I get the Tiger announcers....This year Kirk Gibson is back in the booth with an occasional appearance from Jack Morris. Nice segue into evening here in Phoenix because the EST games come on a 4pm.

Didn't they take one of our best pitchers? Dont they have one of the best pitching starting 4 pitchers or something like that? I thought they were the ines to watch. Who pitched max sherzer? I hope he wins 9 games for leaving Detroit. Please tell me he pitched!

He did pitch? And he lost? Not as easy to win games when you dont have guys like Cabrera batting in runs for you.

He did pitch? And he lost? Not as easy to win games when you dont have guys like Cabrera batting in runs for you.
You are my new arch nemesis :mad::mad::mad:

:laugh:

Didn't they take one of our best pitchers? Dont they have one of the best pitching starting 4 pitchers or something like that? I thought they were the ines to watch. Who pitched max sherzer? I hope he wins 9 games for leaving Detroit. Please tell me he pitched!

:lol: They got Scherzer and yep, he LOST their opener....doo dah doo dah...

The Gnats also have Doug Fister who was a rock in the Detroit rotation after we got him from Seattle. He's a free agent after this year as are a couple other Gnat starters....talk about a short window.

You are my new arch nemesis :mad::mad::mad:

:laugh:
Of course it will be a mistake losing him if he gives you a 20 win season. That's the number I'm rooting against.

That and we win a division or world series without him. Hope he is cursed ruined done like prince fielder. Got rid of him too.

But we will or do miss max. You got a good one asshole.

They got to stop paying these obscene contracts. You see Zoolanders running around with lordess Upton and all of the sudden he's done but we still got to pay him? Then our team sucks.

I'm glad andonamikin sue is gone.

Dutch had core surgery and says he couldn't get his hips loose last year...he's beefed up and is finding the old velocity and snap on his yakker. I believe he'll be in the running for the Cy again this year....if Simon can hold his own and this Greene kid they got from the Yanks is what they think he is, WE have the best rotation in the game.

:lol: They got Scherzer and yep, he LOST their opener....doo dah doo dah...

The Gnats also have Doug Fister who was a rock in the Detroit rotation after we got him from Seattle. He's a free agent after this year as are a couple other Gnat starters....talk about a short window.
The Nats were also minus 3 of their top 5 hitters today. We'll win 95+. And maybe in October, with a little luck, we'll get to see how our rotation does against your Tigers. :thup:

They got to stop paying these obscene contracts. You see Zoolanders running around with lordess Upton and all of the sudden he's done but we still got to pay him? Then our team sucks.

I'm glad andonamikin sue is gone.

Dutch had core surgery and says he couldn't get his hips loose last year...he's beefed up and is finding the old velocity and snap on his yakker. I believe he'll be in the running for the Cy again this year....if Simon can hold his own and this Greene kid they got from the Yanks is what they think he is, WE have the best rotation in the game.
What about a great closer? I want that Asian on Boston's team.

Forum List

Back