DeSantis budget plan contains $8 million to remove illegal immigrants from Florida

and where would he send them?

So he's going to illegally spend Florida state tax dollars on enforcement of a federal law to gin up hate and outrage against illegal immigrants, while ignoring the very real concerns and needs of the people of Florida. Sounds like a true Republican.

Covering up their lies and incompetence with manufactured outrage against "others" is straight out of the authoritarian playbook. Fascist as hell.

So he's going to illegally spend Florida state tax dollars on enforcement of a federal law to gin up hate and outrage against illegal immigrants, while ignoring the very real concerns and needs of the people of Florida. Sounds like a true Republican.

Covering up their lies and incompetence with manufactured outrage against "others" is straight out of the authoritarian playbook. Fascist as hell.
what would be illegal or fascist about it if the legislature approves and passes the budget?

there is no federal law that forbids him from moving illegals out of his state

#1: Country of origin

#2: Country where they illegally crossed the border.

#3: Sanctuary cities in the US.

I've told this story before. DeSantis isn't going to do anything...........sadly politicians know all they have to do is say the things people want to hear, they don't actually have to do it.

Florida passed an e-verify bill. Or at least they pretended to. It exempted agricultural businesses completely and the rest only have to get an employee to state they are here legally, there is no actual verification requirements in the law.

My son moved to Ocala. He gets his first check (at a job he got the first day he was looking) and goes to a check cashing place. He calls me complaining about the long lines and how long it takes. I sort of off handedly note they are also sending funds to Mexico as they cash the checks. He laughs and says there is a big sign "We transfer money out of the country".

If DeSantis really went after illegals and the employers the economy of Florida would crash. He would be out a job.

Exactly what sort of outcome would any of this achieve for the state of Florida???
Principled respect for civil, rules-based society, American citizens and this nation and its soverignty. Our future. And fundamental dignity!

He has a vindictive streak.
Perhaps. Although he's been accused of that by his opponents, I'm not sure it's a justified accusation (though I haven't investigated it so that's why I say "perhaps.")

What I do feel confident in saying about him is that, more than anybody else, he seems a man needed for the times. There is a very strong internal campaign against America, its virtues and it's citizenry. This loosely coordinated attack is upsetting and a literal threat to our great nation and people. I almost always voted for Democrats in the past but I will for DeSantis (or any Republican not named Trump in 2020, likely).

DeSantis' bold, decisive action in the face of subversion is what America needs right now.

Perhaps. Although he's been accused of that by his opponents, I'm not sure it's a justified accusation (though I haven't investigated it so that's why I say "perhaps.")

What I do feel confident in saying about him is that, more than anybody else, he seems a man needed for the times. There is a very strong internal campaign against America, its virtues and it's citizenry. This loosely coordinated attack is upsetting and a literal threat to our great nation and people. I almost always voted for Democrats in the past but I will for DeSantis (or any Republican not named Trump in 2020, likely).

DeSantis' bold, decisive action in the face of subversion is what America needs right now.

I understand your reasoning. Reactionaries always scare me.

I've told this story before. DeSantis isn't going to do anything...........sadly politicians know all they have to do is say the things people want to hear, they don't actually have to do it.
While that's generally true of politicians, Ron DeSantis has already shown he will back up his words with bold action.

Florida passed an e-verify bill. Or at least they pretended to. It exempted agricultural businesses completely and the rest only have to get an employee to state they are here legally, there is no actual verification requirements in the law.
There has been a long-time relationship between Mexican migrant workers and American agricultural businesses. That has been a reciprocal relationship that does not harm this country. The workers generally retain their native Mexican citizenship and go back home to Mexico or to different regions in the US according to growing seasons. They are different than the horde of illegal foreigners pouring across our borders with Democrats help.

My son moved to Ocala. He gets his first check (at a job he got the first day he was looking) and goes to a check cashing place. He calls me complaining about the long lines and how long it takes. I sort of off handedly note they are also sending funds to Mexico as they cash the checks. He laughs and says there is a big sign "We transfer money out of the country".
Sign of the times. Literally.

If DeSantis really went after illegals and the employers the economy of Florida would crash. He would be out a job.
I don't think Mexican migrant workers are his target in that largely agricultural state.

People can be here legally and send money out of the country.

While that's generally true of politicians, Ron DeSantis has already shown he will back up his words with bold action.

There has been a long-time relationship between Mexican migrant workers and American agricultural businesses. That has been a reciprocal relationship that does not harm this country. The workers generally retain their native Mexican citizenship and go back home to Mexico or to different regions in the US according to growing seasons. They are different than the horde of illegal foreigners pouring across our borders with Democrats help.

Sign of the times. Literally.

I don't think Mexican migrant workers are his target in that largely agricultural state.

Bold doesn't mean smart.

Principled respect for civil, rules-based society, American citizens and this nation and its soverignty. Our future. And fundamental dignity!

In a state where it's legal to run down people using their First Amendment rights, and democracy of parents voting for masks to protect their children, is overridden by the idiot governor's ideas of "free-dumb"? How can you have respect for the rule of law, or the Constitution, when the governor has no respect or regard for either.

"It’s somewhat tongue in cheek, but it is true, if you sent them to Delaware or Martha’s Vineyard or some of these places, that border would be secure the next day.

It's really sad when politicians believe this is how one leads.........with what they even acknowledge are not actual solutions.
only solution dems have is to keep checking bidens depends

In a state where it's legal to run down people using their First Amendment rights, and democracy of parents voting for masks to protect their children, is overridden by the idiot governor's ideas of "free-dumb"? How can you have respect for the rule of law, or the Constitution, when the governor has no respect or regard for either.

Desantis is another version of Trump.

just for you dragon ho....I never had sex with that woman...Ms Lewinsky

So he's going to illegally spend Florida state tax dollars on enforcement of a federal law
"Illegally?" No. Legally.

to gin up hate and outrage
... Says a member of the Leftist hate and outrage mob. 🙄

against illegal immigrants, while ignoring the very real concerns and needs of the people of Florida.
Illegal immigration is the very real concern of the people of Florida. It needs to be dealt with.

Sounds like a true Republican.
You lie like a Democrat.

Here's the truth of it. Democrats covering up their lies and incompetence with manufactured outrage against Americans is straight out of the Leftist playbook. Authoritarian as hell.

Forum List

Back