“Dereliction of Duty”

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Johnson-McNamara-Rusk.jpg

I've never read this book by Admiral McMaster, the current National Security Advisor but this article indicates it states some things a whole lot of people don't want to know about. It was published in 1997 and still contains things we need to know to keep their stupidities from happening in the future.

Dereliction of Duty is a serious book. Thoroughly researched, carefully argued, it tackles a big subject: Who is responsible for the debacle that is the Vietnam War? McMaster concludes that everyone in political and military leadership was: Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, presidential military advisor Maxwell Taylor, the Congress and — especially — the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He’s not wrong, but this book by the man who recently became President Donald Trump’s national security advisor reveals an innocence about politics at the highest levels as well as some questionable judgments about civil-military relations in the United States.

As someone who lived and served during those time, it makes me feel better than my thoughts and feelings were not misguided. I served and did my duty although it was always reluctantly.

Read more @ Dereliction of Duty Reconsidered: The Book that Made the National Security Advisor

That war was a terrible disaster for all involved. The ruing class is responsible. Sadly, they have learned nothing from that war. I suspect on purpose. War is good for the state and those connected to it.

War is the health of the State...and always will be.

Forum List

Back