Derek Chauvin Trial Live: Judge Reinstates 3rd-Degree Murder Charge; Jury Selection Continues

Last edited:
This is interesting.

The judge reinstated the third degree murder charge on the man who murdered George Floyd.

They're going to keep adding charges til there is no choice but to find him no guilty.

Like they did with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman was grossly overcharged.

and they are doing the same with Chauvin.

I'd have to disqualify myself from being on that jury. Sure, it will be a really interesting trial, but time consuming and dangerous if MAGA-hatter types learn your identity. Also, I'd have to admit that I already consider Chauvin guilty as hell.

This is interesting.

The judge reinstated the third degree murder charge on the man who murdered George Floyd.

They're going to keep adding charges til there is no choice but to find him no guilty.

Nope - Either second or third degree is correct. Adding a 3rd as an option was smart.
Zimmy's prosecution was a joke. One horrible decision after the next and the lawyers SUCKED.
Manslaughter would have been the correct approach.
No way Chauvin can be afforded any benefits of the doubt.

They're only asking for trouble by televising this trial. No matter what happens, people are going to be pissed. I'm happy that I'm not in the least bit compelled to watch it. God please let justice prevail.

This is interesting.

I really don't know, in this case, but over charging is a good way to lose a case, alright. I was on a jury, where we considered and addressed all the BS charges first and by the time we got to what they really wanted to convict on, were kind of pissed at the prosecution and kicked the guy loose on everything, even though his public defender lawyer was a moron.

I'd have to disqualify myself from being on that jury. Sure, it will be a really interesting trial, but time consuming and dangerous if MAGA-hatter types learn your identity. Also, I'd have to admit that I already consider Chauvin guilty as hell.

If that jury finds him guilty those people on the jury run the risk of being harassed, stalked and threatened for years to come.

It shouldn't be that way but when dealing with trump supporters violence is a very real probability.

If that jury finds him guilty those people on the jury run the risk of being harassed, stalked and threatened for years to come.

It shouldn't be that way but when dealing with trump supporters violence is a very real probability.

Yep, that would be reason alone not to serve. Racist white nationalist militia types would be ruthless in their pursuit to out jurors.

This is interesting.

Nope - Either second or third degree is correct. Adding a 3rd as an option was smart.
Zimmy's prosecution was a joke. One horrible decision after the next and the lawyers SUCKED.
Manslaughter would have been the correct approach.

At least not until they put the Medical Examiner on the stand, and he gives the cause of death.

Come on man! You know you'd do your part if you were called. Being on juries always sucks. Those are 12 good people that will try to do their best. If called, you'd rise to the occasion, clear your emotions and do your duty. It's what real American do, as the jury box, ain't a chatroom.

People that accept that kind of challenge to do their duty are just wonderful people, in my book.

Come on man! You know you'd do your part if you were called. Being on juries always sucks. Those are 12 good people that will try to do their best. If called, you'd rise to the occasion, clear your emotions and do your duty. It's what real American do, as the jury box, ain't a chatroom.

I've been on 5 or 6 juries so yep, I stepped up. But I had no opinion as to the innocence or guilt of the perp. I believe that would be a question in the jury selection process. Gotta be honest. For instance, I told one court that a judge's assistant was my tenant and a friend. Judge said it wouldn't be a problem because he had no direct association to the case itself (judges are neutral) and I ended up getting selected.

I believe that a man and a woman getting married and living together with children is not a good thing in this modern evolved era. The dead man is a partier. He played the game and did what he wanted in a first world nation and had no responsibility for his ways. We live in a lower educated way with these things. And he acted out as many would be when caught. But it worse is that the men and women who have destroyed parts of many cities are tiring many people at a growing rate but make them the enemy of social justice policies that will end us all.

Yep, that would be reason alone not to serve. Racist white nationalist militia types would be ruthless in their pursuit to out jurors.

It shouldn't be that way and it has not been that way for a long time.

The problem is that the first and go to reaction of those people is violence.

People that accept that kind of challenge to do their duty are just wonderful people, in my book.

I agree.

I've been called to jury duty a couple of times.

My concern is that if they find this man guilty the people on that jury may face harassment and threats from white supremacists.

I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I agree.

My concern is that if they find this man guilty the people on that jury may face harassment and threats from white supremacists.

and if they don't find him guilty, there will be [B]urning, [L]ooting, and general [M]ayhem.

I agree.

and if they don't find him guilty, there will be [B]urning, [L]ooting, and general [M]ayhem.

He won't be found guilty. You can always find at least one cop loving racist on every jury.

Forum List

Back