Dept of Education’s Islamic indoctrination program for public schools

Islam like extreme Christianity is another conservative belief system. Education in general teaching one to think for themselves and to laugh at such shit...

Bullshit.

Get back to us if you can find any links to Benedictine suicide bombers attacking Western Civilization.

Christianity and Islam should be taught along side Greek and Roman mythology.
It should all be an optional for older students who want to study the histories of religions or belief systems. Nothing should be mandatory in schools when it comes to anything outside of the basics.

History is "the basics."
Religion history would be an extra when it comes to the normal standards.

Not really.

It should all be an optional for older students who want to study the histories of religions or belief systems. Nothing should be mandatory in schools when it comes to anything outside of the basics.

History is "the basics."

Not really.
Yes it would be unless it was held strictly to events both historical and current even. If you do that events parts someone will be crying foul. If you don't include the actual events good and bad you'd be cheating students out of knowing the truth if its not all included in the curriculum.

History is "the basics."

Not really.
Yes it would be unless it was held strictly to events both historical and current even. If you do that events parts someone will be crying foul. If you don't include the actual events good and bad you'd be cheating students out of knowing the truth if its not all included in the curriculum.

It's already taught. Has been for a long time.

access-islam-doe.png

Where the hell's the left's cries of “freedom from religion?” Something you want presented to your fifth grader?

Okay, scream and attack the source as being biased – if you don't bother to READ the article and check out all the links.

saudiintheclassroom.gif

Story with links @ Video: Dept of Education’s Islamic indoctrination program for public schools

What a shock!

Longknife is spreading more fake news

His link is to an anti-Islam website.

With no actual links to any Department of Education sites.

Looking up "Access Islam" it appears to be part of some PBS series.

History is "the basics."

Not really.

Teaching world history without teaching the history of the major world religions would be like teaching world history without mentioning England.

access-islam-doe.png

Where the hell's the left's cries of “freedom from religion?” Something you want presented to your fifth grader?

Okay, scream and attack the source as being biased – if you don't bother to READ the article and check out all the links.

saudiintheclassroom.gif

Story with links @ Video: Dept of Education’s Islamic indoctrination program for public schools

What a shock!

Longknife is spreading more fake news

His link is to an anti-Islam website.

With no actual links to any Department of Education sites.

Looking up "Access Islam" it appears to be part of some PBS series.

And, of course, you didn't bother to READ the OP and click on the link to the DOE site. Instead, attack me and divert from the truth of the OP.

History is "the basics."

Not really.

Teaching world history without teaching the history of the major world religions would be like teaching world history without mentioning England.
I never heard of Islam in school. History was one I was generally tops in so I am sure I would recall it if it had been there. I don't recall my children ever having any religious anything in their history classes and one was the valedictorian with a ticket to most any university they would have liked to go to. That has been some years ago though and things may have changed since then.

History is "the basics."

Not really.

I never heard of Islam in school. History was one I was generally tops in so I am sure I would recall it if it had been there. I don't recall my children ever having any religious anything in their history classes and one was the valedictorian with a ticket to most any university they would have liked to go to. That has been some years ago though and things may have changed since then.

If you never heard of Islam- I guess you never learned about the Crusades, or the Moorish conquest of Spain, or the unification of Spain to drive the Muslims out of Spain.

Or the fall of Constantinople. Or the rise of modern Turkey.

Not learning about Islam would leave as big a whole in an education as not learning about Catholics.

So much of world history is tied to religions- if you don't learn at least the basics of what the major religions are, and where they started- how can you know the history of Europe? Or Asia? Or the conquest of the Americas?

Certainly no religion should be promoted in public schools, but refusing to teach about religions at all is like refusing to teach about the Roman empire.

So much of world history is tied to religions- if you don't learn at least the basics of what the major religions are, and where they started- how can you know the history of Europe? Or Asia? Or the conquest of the Americas?

Certainly no religion should be promoted in public schools, but refusing to teach about religions at all is like refusing to teach about the Roman empire.
I agree it leaves holes in the history. The violence and all should be a part of history in the High Schools. If it had been taught when my children were growing up it would be such a shock today when they hear about beheadings and all.

History is "the basics."

Not really.

I am sorry that your education and that of your children was apparently lacking. Any world civilization course that can teach the topic sans religions is absolutely worthless.

I agree it leaves holes in the history. The violence and all should be a part of history in the High Schools. If it had been taught when my children were growing up it would be such a shock today when they hear about beheadings and all.

Yep- teaching world history without telling children of the violence in history would leave a huge hole in the education.

Imagine if they didn't learn about the drawing and quartering of citizens in Great Britain? The murder of Huegonauts by the French Catholics? The slaughter of cities by Genghis Kahn? The sack of Constantinople by Christian Crusaders? The enslavement of millions in the name of Christ by the Portuguese and Spanish? And yes- the Muslim conquests.

Shame your education was so short changed.

Yep- teaching world history without telling children of the violence in history would leave a huge hole in the education.

that stuff is not for JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Imagine if they didn't learn about the drawing and quartering of citizens in Great Britain? The murder of Huegonauts by the French Catholics? The slaughter of cities by Genghis Kahn? The sack of Constantinople by Christian Crusaders? The enslavement of millions in the name of Christ by the Portuguese and Spanish? And yes- the Muslim conquests.

Shame your education was so short changed.

Forum List

Back