Dems Registering the Dead?

It would have had to have been a hell of a donor list. My office has been getting TONS of these forms since early June.

Whatever donations your business has made, whatever purchases it has made, whatever travels your employees have made on company business, all gets put into the giant demographic database.

Then someone who wants your money or your vote calls the people whose hands are on the levers of that database and say, "I want the addresses of everyone in America who bought a car made in America, earns less than 200 grand a year, and subscribes to People magazine."

churn-churn-churn-ding!

How is this news. It worked so well during the Kennedy election there was no reason to stop there.

Romney camp asks Va. to probe voter forms

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign is asking Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli to launch an investigation into voter-registration forms that are being sent to Virginia residents and addressed to deceased relatives, children, family pets and others ineligible to vote.

The errant mailings from the Washington-based nonprofit group Voter Participation Center have befuddled many Virginia residents, leading to hundreds of complaints.

The organization has been mass-mailing the forms — pre-populated with key information such as names and addresses — to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos.

In a letter to Cuccinelli's office and the State Board of Elections, Kathryn Bieber, an attorney for the Romney campaign, calls for an investigation into the matter by law-enforcement officials, claiming that the mailings appear to violate "at least one and maybe several Virginia laws aimed at ensuring a fair election."

Bieber refers to the mailings as "tactics that amount to, or at the very least induce, voter registration fraud," and says the issue "presents a very significant risk to the proper administration of the upcoming general election."

UPDATE: Romney camp asks Va. to probe voter forms | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Why are these going to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos?

What is supposed to be the gain in all this? Why would forms be sent to the residence of a dead person? Is the dead person expected to respond? His relatives perhaps?

Nobody is that stupid. If you want to register a dead person you have to do it yourself. I have yet to see a pet that responded with a filled out registration form.

Another really really stupid story. I am beginning to suspect that no one in the entire country knows how registration and voting work.

Without voter ID, it's on the honor system. As long as the person showing up to vote uses the same name that is on the registration, they vote. What is to stop illegals who registered to vote from voting? What is to stop people from using their dead relatives ballot or their pet's fake registration and voting several times? Where is the system to detect any of the fraud? I show up, give my name and if it's on their list, they hand me a ballot and I vote. I could show up a second or third time or bring my illegal alien friends and they would give the name of my deceased relative and get handed a ballot and vote. See how easy it is. People could use absentee ballots for dead relatives and no one is any the wiser. It's no wonder many states wanted to update voter rolls and ensure all on the list were current voters who were actually citizens. It's no wonder the Dems fought hard against this.

I'm fed up with these lawless Democrats its time to vote them out the majority will get involved from now on, 2010 will be surpassed it seems to me. What a disgrace they are leaks that really matter gun running for law change. Oh I better stop its to easy t see the biggest two problems on earth ---> terrorists and state loving Marxists or whatever you want to label them, Progressives? Isn't that the funniest term?:lol: regressives

A few points:

1)

Why are these going to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos?

According to the VPC's website, they focus on historically underrepresented groups and especially on unmarried women.

2) According to the article, the only people complaining are the Romney campaign.

3) The VA attorney general (who initiated one of the major ACA lawsuits) is ignoring the Romney complaint, noting that it should have gone to the State Board of Elections.

4) According to the VPC, the SBE already approved their list of names, so Romney's complaint seems to be without merit.

5) According to the updated article, the VPC has responded with a letter to the VA AG suggesting that Romney's complaint may have violated the law. Given that the VA AG has already found the complaint against the VPC without merit, the only party that seems in danger of being investigated by VA is the Romney camp itself.

A few points:

1)

According to the VPC's website, they focus on historically underrepresented groups and especially on unmarried women.

2) According to the article, the only people complaining are the Romney campaign.

3) The VA attorney general (who initiated one of the major ACA lawsuits) is ignoring the Romney complaint, noting that it should have gone to the State Board of Elections.

4) According to the VPC, the SBE already approved their list of names, so Romney's complaint seems to be without merit.

5) According to the updated article, the VPC has responded with a letter to the VA AG suggesting that Romney's complaint may have violated the law. Given that the VA AG has already found the complaint against the VPC without merit, the only party that seems in danger of being investigated by VA is the Romney camp itself.

How did Romney's complaint violate the law?

How did Romney's complaint violate the law?

I never said that it did. I said that the article to which you linked mentioned that one of the principals said that the complaint might violate the law and that there was a nonzero chance that this would lead to an investigation. I suspect that VA has some laws against interfering with voter registration and/or making frivolous complaints, but I rather doubt that the Romney campaign's actions (at least, the ones mentioned in the article) were actually illegal.

Why do we always hear about these things about the Dems?

I can't account authoritatively for what you hear, but I suspect the answer might involve confirmation bias. You might have news flows that present this type of information to you, and you might give it a greater weight than it deserves. In particular you seem to be giving great weight to the Romney camp's unsupported complaint even though it was dismissed by a fairly partisan Republican.

If you give great weight to unsupported claims from the Romney camp and little weight to those from the Obama camp then I think it is safe to say that you will develop a picture of partisan politics that is quite critical of the Democrats.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign is asking Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli to launch an investigation into voter-registration forms that are being sent to Virginia residents and addressed to deceased relatives, children, family pets and others ineligible to vote.

The errant mailings from the Washington-based nonprofit group Voter Participation Center have befuddled many Virginia residents, leading to hundreds of complaints.

The organization has been mass-mailing the forms — pre-populated with key information such as names and addresses — to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos.

In a letter to Cuccinelli's office and the State Board of Elections, Kathryn Bieber, an attorney for the Romney campaign, calls for an investigation into the matter by law-enforcement officials, claiming that the mailings appear to violate "at least one and maybe several Virginia laws aimed at ensuring a fair election."

Bieber refers to the mailings as "tactics that amount to, or at the very least induce, voter registration fraud," and says the issue "presents a very significant risk to the proper administration of the upcoming general election."

Progressives/Dems would never be elected if it wasn't for voter fraud...

Why you think they're opposed to voter ID laws? because they know voter fraud gets them elected.....

Hell, the dead have been voting here in Chicago for the last 50 years.

It's Democraps are crooks when they form organizations to send out registration flyers to people "encouraging" them to vote when many of them can't vote.

I've never received anything from the GOP to "help me" register to vote. I just get a random voter registration card from the county every 1-2 years.

Sending out flyers with names of voters associated with their mailing address is the method Democraps use to find voters either by a person telling them that person "died," moved away, etc...so they can go use that name still on the books on election day.

It is an illegal probing system to find names for votes.

What is supposed to be the gain in all this? Why would forms be sent to the residence of a dead person? Is the dead person expected to respond? His relatives perhaps?

Nobody is that stupid. If you want to register a dead person you have to do it yourself. I have yet to see a pet that responded with a filled out registration form.

Another really really stupid story. I am beginning to suspect that no one in the entire country knows how registration and voting work.

You mean like the claim that requiring ID to vote disenfranchises people? Like that?

We all know how that works, especially the part that students must vote in their home district. This has not yet been officially promoted but it is a great point among the GOP.

You know exactly how vote picture Id suppresses votes. Even run with the greatest integrity it will do that. Run with a little less integrity it gets a lot worse.

Meanwhile dumbfucks like onecut39 continue to lie on the internet defending illegal votes.

Forum List

Back