Colorado shooter Holmes poisoned by anti-psychotic drugs?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Peter Dow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Peter Dow

Peter Dow Freedom lover & fighter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    OK, here's my new conspiracy theory.

Bright student, James Holmes starts his Ph.D. studies in Neuro-Science at the University of Colorado's*Aurora*campus but Holmes's arrogant, know-it-all attitude annoys someone he works with, perhaps one of the university staff who is a professor or a lecturer or a fellow student who has access to anti-psychotic drugs used to "treat" mental patients. This hypothetical person who has taken a severe dislike to Holmes I will refer to as "Holmes's secret enemy" or HSE.

In an evil, secret lone-wolf science experiment, HSE targets Holmes to poison him with anti-psychotic drugs to see what happens and for the wicked pleasure of doing evil to a perceived enemy.

So one day, HSE slips some anti-psychotic pills into Holmes's coffee. "Here you James, it's with sugar, I hope that's OK?"
    Holmes barely looking up from his text books says, "Yeh, thanks" and drinks the poisoned coffee.

The effect of the anti-psychotic drugs is to make Holmes apathetic, the next week or so he sleeps in, he doesn't turn up for work at the university, and administrators expel him from university. Holmes drops out.

Then slowly over a number of weeks, the anti-psychotics wear off and for a brief time Holmes returns to his normal self but then quickly the effect of the withdrawal symptoms from the anti-psychotic drugs kicks in, which is the opposite effect to that when initially taking anti-psychotics - the effect of withdrawal from these anti-psychotic drugs is to induce a psychotic breakdown which Holmes has.

As a result of the withdrawal from the poisoning, the psychotic Holmes plans his lone-wolf shooting massacre.

Deep in his subconscious, as a final plea for help, Holmes writes to his former University professor, a psychiatrist who Holmes still trusts, perhaps naively for all we know, because the psychiatrist professor Holmes writes to could be none other than "HSE" the person who poisoned Holmes and caused his psychosis? Perhaps not. This is only a theory.

Holmes writes to the psychiatrist professor but gets no reply so he reverts to his plan and goes through with the Aurora Theater attack.

This conspiracy theory is hard to prove or disprove but it looks like my conspiracy theory fits the facts.

Whether or not this theory is true, it certainly is true that these anti-psychotic drugs are very dangerous, as dangerous as firearms in their own way.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,866
    Granny says, "Dat's right, don't blame `em dey weren't involved - he thought it up on his own an' didn't tell `em what he was gonna do...
    :cool:
    Aurora suspect James Holmes's family's painful emotional hurdles
    Mon, Jul 23, 2012 - The family of Aurora, Colo., shooting suspect James Holmes faces a difficult emotional road in the days, weeks and months ahead as they struggle to cope with the enormous reality of his alleged actions, experts told ABC News.
    See also:

Experts: Don't blame killers' families
    25 July `12 - Americans are mourning along with victims' families in the wake of the Aurora movie theater shootings. But what should our feelings be toward the family of James Holmes, the shooting suspect?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    Any current drug that is addictive and causes withdrawal ( and I am not even sure if there are any anymore)) require time to work, time to become addictive and time to build up in ones system to create a withdrawal symptom.

Some of the older meds might qualify but they are seldom used and are tightly controlled, not to mention the ones you would need have obvious effects that would not go unnoticed.

Idiot.

4. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Since we can't reconcile the simple fact that sometimes people do horrible and evil things to innocent people without any logical motive or reason, we are left to create wild conspiracy theories.....

5. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I agree.... the guy is an evil SOB, and the sooner we reconcile ourselves with that, the sooner we can begin to move forward.

The familes will never get over it... I feel so bad for them.

6. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,461
    Stop right there! Do you know how fucking ridiculous that statement is? Something happens in the news, so you have to create a conspiracy for it? Come on man, do you not see how absurd that is?

God damn troofers! I hate you all!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  7. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    If only it was that simple,but we rationalize bad shit everyday.

8. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I know Lorazepam and Xanax are addictive, along with a few others.
    But like you said it takes awhile to become addicted, and Holmes wouldn't have those kinds of withdrawals after a week of use.

9. Peter Dow

Peter Dow Freedom lover & fighter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Fact - the withdrawal symptom from an anti-psychotic drug is psychosis.

Wikipedia is sure even if you are not.

So if you are not psychotic, never been psychotic, of sound mind, but a psychiatrist poisons you with these anti-psychotic drugs, willingly or unwillingly, honestly or tricks you, then the withdrawal symptoms of these antipsychotics are indeed psychosis. When you come off these drugs they cause the very thing they are supposed to be treating! So these drugs are very dangerous indeed.

This is a quote from a anti-psychotic drug pdf datasheet - Modecate Concentrate - Fluphenazine decanoate

3-4 weeks is plenty of time for the body to create a dependency on a drug.

That particular drug is administered via injection so that doesn't fit with the conspiracy theory of Holmes being surreptitiously poisoned by adding it to his coffee.

Perhaps it was another drug that can be orally administered? Perhaps Holmes volunteered to be a guinea pig and consented to an injection?

The conspiracy theory says that the effects of the drug did not go unnoticed. I would say that people noticed the Aurora Theater shooting!

Also the first effect of the anti-psychotic would be to make Holmes apathetic. So that effect was noticed when he lost interest in his studies. That was when the drug was active.

Then many weeks later when the drug wore off, the withdrawal symptoms - psychosis - kicked in and that's when he planned and executed the Aurora Theater shooting massacre.

Look buddy this is just a conspiracy theory and I welcome scepticism. I'm a sceptic too even though I dreamt the conspiracy theory up! So there is no need to be unpleasant and insulting just because you don't think it credible.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    You should write a book. In reality, Holmes has more in common with John Nash than Tom Clancy. Holmes was simply insane,. While I had thought initially that sending the notebook was some sort of last ditch appeal for help, a psychiatriast pointed out to me that sending the notebook would have been under the doctor patient privilege and the psychiatrist who received it wouldn't have been able to ring the bell at all. However, failure to receive the notebook was just the dereliction of duty of another lazy government employee.

It is also equally as likely that Holmes was slipped some kind of drug by a jilted girlfriend, or a romantic rival, or a gay classmate going to deliver a little payback because Holmes was heterosexual.