Dems Claiming only Parts of Obama Care can be Repealed with Reconciliation

Really?

Now we have Democrats claiming only the Mandate Can Be Repealed with a 51 Vote Majority.

Problem.

THEY PASSED the entire bill using Reconciliation, Passed with 51 Votes, should be able to be struck down with 51 Votes.

You reap what you sew.

They must think they are going to lose.

by the way, it is sow.

Really?

Now we have Democrats claiming only the Mandate Can Be Repealed with a 51 Vote Majority.

Problem.

THEY PASSED the entire bill using Reconciliation, Passed with 51 Votes, should be able to be struck down with 51 Votes.

You reap what you sew.

How will you get 51 votes?

No kidding, the right wing thugs think they run the place. Idiots

Why are they whining about something that is impossible?

Look, it isn't going to be repealed it isn't going to be heavily revised. The republicans are just chest beating. We got the federal bank, income tax, and now Obamacare under democrat leadership and NONE of that has gone away. Medicare and Medicaid, we know they are going broke but we keep on keeping on. Social Security, we stole so much from it that too will have to be financed by the toil of our grandchildren. I can't think of one government program that once instituted went away no matter how flawed.

None of those things were still hated by 65% of the people 4 years later, and so vulnerable to repeal.

The Situation simply is not the Same.

Lying again, the only ones that don't like the bill are the GOP.

How much will each person's taxes be going up by? :eusa_think:

wait and see

These Jack asses must be just like the People who Swore to America that MC would only cost x Amount of Dollars.

I am sure back then people said, it would cost MUCH MUCH more and it's defenders were like Prove it.

If only we could have gone 25 Years into the Future to show them it ended up costing over 60 Times per capita more than they swore it would.

lol
You can't tell a liberal a damn thing. They know everything that isn't so. "Reagan"

Look, it isn't going to be repealed it isn't going to be heavily revised. The republicans are just chest beating. We got the federal bank, income tax, and now Obamacare under democrat leadership and NONE of that has gone away. Medicare and Medicaid, we know they are going broke but we keep on keeping on. Social Security, we stole so much from it that too will have to be financed by the toil of our grandchildren. I can't think of one government program that once instituted went away no matter how flawed.

None of those things were still hated by 65% of the people 4 years later, and so vulnerable to repeal.

I don't actually want to see Repeal, I want to see it changed. Parts of it make a lot of Sense, others simply wont work. What we need is a Real Compromise not this Crap that was shoved down our Throats. A combination of the Good ideas in Obama Care, With the Multiple Ideas the other side have suggested that target lowering Costs. I want everyone to have access to Care, But I don't want to see the quality of Care suffer, or this Country Drowned in Unsustainable Debt to Achieve it, and I think Absent the Hyper Partisan Atmosphere in DC, We could do Better.

Now, I don't expect Partisanship to Go away, but I do think when your Choices are 4 More years of a Divisive, Partisan President, or a Very Moderate almost Liberal Republican, the second one is much more likely to lead to less Partisanship than the first.

Mark my words and come back 5 years from now.

Lying seems a bit strong considering that over 50 percent have historically been against Obamacare and we know that Republicans do not make up 50 percent of the Population. Take note of the underlined part, seems that the 45 percent may in fact be voting on party lines.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
Jun 29, 2012 1:47 PM EDT

By a 50–45 margin, voters disapprove of the court’s decision, a Newsweek/Daily Beast poll finds. Read the complete results.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court

Overall, 50 percent of those polled said they disapprove of the court’s 5–4 decision, while 45 percent said they support it. Consistently, a majority of voters said that they oppose the individual mandate (53 percent); believe taxes will increase (52 percent); believe their personal health-care costs will increase (56 percent); and disapprove of Obama’s handling of health care in general (58 percent). Only 24 percent of those polled said that they believe the ruling will make the country better off.

I see none of these Libs want to even address the actual question in this Thread.

How can Dems Be Claiming only parts of Obama Care are subject to 51 Vote Repeal, when they forced the Final Version through with out debate, or even time to read it, BY USING RECONCILIATION, and only needed 51 Votes.

I mean how hypocritical can you be. We passed it with 51 Votes, But you need 60 to Repeal. lol

To Funny

The affordable care act passed the senate with 60 votes :cuckoo:

Now that it is a tax, it can be repealed with 51 votes

I see none of these Libs want to even address the actual question in this Thread.

How can Dems Be Claiming only parts of Obama Care are subject to 51 Vote Repeal, when they forced the Final Version through with out debate, or even time to read it, BY USING RECONCILIATION, and only needed 51 Votes.

I mean how hypocritical can you be. We passed it with 51 Votes, But you need 60 to Repeal. lol

To Funny

The affordable care act passed the senate with 60 votes :cuckoo:

Jack ass, the Final Version was Passed with Reconciliation, it only needed 51. how many it got is meaningless.

Lying Really? So then what you are saying is the consistently over 50% and usually over 60% in Polls who do not like the bill, are all in the GOP eh.

Wow didn't know they had some much of the Country, I am sure the GOP thanks you for that.

You are a FUCKING MORON.

The only thing that matters is how Independents feel about it, and every poll shows well over 50% of them do not like it.

But keep living in a fantasy world, that's the way the other side likes it.

Last edited:
Really?

Problem.

You reap what you sew.

They didn't pass the entire bill using reconciliation, moron.

After getting 60 yeas in a cloture vote the bill went on to another vote and passed with 60 votes.

PPACA passed the Senate on December 24, 2009, by a vote of 60–39 with all Democrats and two Independents voting for, and all but one Republican voting against. It passed the House of Representatives on March 21, 2010, by a vote of 219–212, with 34 Democrats and all 178 Republicans voting against the bill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

Some provisions were later passed via reconciliation but the bill itself didn't get off the ground without getting 60 votes.......twice.

Last edited:

Lying seems a bit strong considering that over 50 percent have historically been against Obamacare and we know that Republicans do not make up 50 percent of the Population. Take note of the underlined part, seems that the 45 percent may in fact be voting on party lines.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court’s Obamacare Ruling
Jun 29, 2012 1:47 PM EDT

By a 50–45 margin, voters disapprove of the court’s decision, a Newsweek/Daily Beast poll finds. Read the complete results.

New Poll: Voters Dislike Supreme Court

Overall, 50 percent of those polled said they disapprove of the court’s 5–4 decision, while 45 percent said they support it. Consistently, a majority of voters said that they oppose the individual mandate (53 percent); believe taxes will increase (52 percent); believe their personal health-care costs will increase (56 percent); and disapprove of Obama’s handling of health care in general (58 percent). Only 24 percent of those polled said that they believe the ruling will make the country better off.

Stating 65% of americans hate the law is in fact a bold faced lie.

The democrats strongly support the bill and the independents support it as well. Not surprisingly the GOP strongly apposes it given an average of a 46% split.

Americans Issue Split Decision on Healthcare Ruling

Now that it is a tax, it can be repealed with 51 votes

Good luck with that one.

Lying Really? So then what you are saying is the consistently over 50% and usually over 60% in Polls who do not like the bill, are all in the GOP eh.

Wow didn't know they had some much of the Country, I am sure the GOP thanks you for that.

You are a FUCKING MORON.

The only thing that matters is how Independents feel about it, and every poll shows well over 50% of them do not like it.

But keep living in a fantasy world, that's the way the other side likes it.

Yes, you are a complete lying sack of shit that doesn't know what in the hell you are talking about.

First you think the affordable care act passed the senate with 51 votes, false

Then you claim the american people are going to be receiving a $700 tax increase, yet can't provide any proof.

Now you claim that 65% of americans are against the ACA which is a flat out lie.

And the cherry on top is you are now claiming all independents are well over 50% against the ACA, though I just posted a poll showing independents SUPPORT it.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, but that is typical with the radical right.

Last edited:
First you think the affordable care act passed the senate with 51 votes, false
I stand corrected on that point and admit my mistake, that is not a lie. FUCK HEAD

Then you claim the american people are going to be receiving a $700 tax increase, yet can't provide any proof.
No proof? Dude if you can't afford to Buy Insurance and don't buy it. You will be subject to a 695 Dollar Tax the first year. It's right in this bill you claim to know so much about.

Now you claim that 65% of americans are against the ACA which is a flat out lie.
Poll after Poll After Poll show consistently over 50% do not like the Bill as a whole. They like Parts of it, but not the package. Usually that number is well north of 60% Depending on the poll.

Again that is not a lie, you just refuse to believe it.

Funny you call me a liar, when you made the claim that only Republicans don't like the Bill.

Now that's rich. Care to check out how Independents or Libertarians feel about it?

I could call you a Liar, but I have more class, I'll just assume you made a mistake.

lol

Funny you call me a liar, when you made the claim that only Republicans don't like the Bill.

Now that's rich. Care to check out how Independents or Libertarians feel about it?

I could call you a Liar, but I have more class, I'll just assume you made a mistake.

lol

Like mentioned before the independents support the bill

Like I mentioned in your thread, Independents support the decision, not the law.

_yf6icfrzughukud-xffwq.gif

lol

Like I mentioned in your thread, Independents support the decision, not the law.

Yes they do, your own graph shows only 23% of independents want the law repealed like the GOP do.

Yes they do, your own graph shows only 23% of independents want the law repealed like the GOP do.

23% repeal, 26% repeal Parts of it.

While 15 want to keep it as is, and 25% want to expand the Governments roll.

Douche, Do try to play with all the facts.

Last edited:

23% repeal, 26% repeal Parts of it.

Douche, Do try to play with all the facts.

The GOP is throwing a pissy fit calling for full repeal, which only 23% of independents want. Wanting to repeal parts of the bill means leaving the bill in place, but modify it.

Stupid fuck, you're what, like 0 for 6 in this thread alone? :cuckoo:

Article 15 said:

They didn't pass the entire bill using reconciliation, moron.

After getting 60 yeas in a cloture vote the bill went on to another vote and passed with 60 votes.

And we have a winner. The Affordable Care Act was not passed using reconciliation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back