Dems barely get votes to adjourn after floor speech

Quite a coincidence that the Dems up for re-election voted for not adjourning.... everyone else said "F" you America we are out of here to go take our month long vacation..... What a job.... Only in America...

The only thing worse than this are the people like vayank on here who will support this adjournment...

Boehner surprise: Dems barely get votes to adjourn after floor speech - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Of course, campaigning is much more important than our needs.

power is all that matters to any of them. Dem or Rep.

Quite a coincidence that the Dems up for re-election voted for not adjourning.... everyone else said "F" you America we are out of here to go take our month long vacation..... What a job.... Only in America...

The only thing worse than this are the people like vayank on here who will support this adjournment...

Boehner surprise: Dems barely get votes to adjourn after floor speech - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

I find it rather ironic, don't you? Maybe Boehner wanted to go home and work on some specifics for his "Pledge to America" bullshit?

I actually support Congressional Recesses 100%. At least when they're away on Recess,i know they aren't destroying the nation. Personally i think our Congress is in session way too much. I mean how many more Laws do we really need? I think Americans should rethink their views on Congress. Their awful Micro-Managing has brought this nation to its knees. More Americans should advocate "Do-Nothing Congresses" like i do. I'll take a "Do-Nothing Congress" over an insane over-reaching Congress anytime.

People just need to change their old views of our Congress. You want them to meet much less and do much less. The more they meet,the more they destroy our nation. Unfortunately most Americans have been indoctrinated to believe that our Congress must meet everyday and pass more Laws. That's just the wrong approach. Less Government is the answer in the end. Do we really need a new Law to be passed everyday? So let em get the H*ll out of there. The nation is always better off when their gone. It's like a breath of fresh air when they're gone. So you can breath easy now America. They're gone. :)

I find it rather ironic, don't you? Maybe Boehner wanted to go home and work on some specifics for his "Pledge to America" bullshit?

Ironic is you calling for "Where's the plan?" from the right and then dismissing it outright when it's presented...

I support them adjourning. When they are not doing anything nothing can go wrong.

It's better than each house having 50% of libs and cons in it.

Ironic is you calling for "Where's the plan?" from the right and then dismissing it outright when it's presented...

You call a vague idea based fiction piece with ZERO substance, a plan?

Man i pray for the day when most Americans wake up and realize that a "Do-Nothing Congress" is exactly what this nation needs. Our Government is simply doing too much at this point. Seriously,how many more new Laws do we really need? Seems to me we have plenty of Laws already. Americans need to change their mind-set when it comes to Government.

Our U.S. Congress meeting less is actually a good thing for the country. They only wreak havoc when they meet too much. Look at what they're doing now? Congress needs to take many more breaks because we definitely need a long break from them. It's all about a mind-set. Most Americans have been indoctrinated on "Do-Nothing" Congresses being so wrong. People just need to start bucking the propaganda and push for less Government. We don't need the Government nearly as much as they're telling everyone.

They should have just left and turned the lights out on them like Pelosi did that time. It isn't as if Rs are very productive or anything.

All of America should rejoice now that this Dem-led Worst U.S. Congress in History is adjourning. Haven't they done enough damage? Rejoice people. Rejoice!

They should have just left and turned the lights out on them like Pelosi did that time. It isn't as if Rs are very productive or anything.

Does this mean you'll be complaining about Democratics stalling and being unproductive next year when they no longer control the House?

I mean, if you don't, well... that would be hypocritical...

Boehner voted against adjournment.

Did you even read the article???? :cuckoo:

I support them adjourning. When they are not doing anything nothing can go wrong.

It's better than each house having 50% of libs and cons in it.

So you are saying you don't care if your taxes go up? :cuckoo:

they have a glut of appropriations bills and other work they put off to fight for Obama care and now its like tough luck, bye. No budget for next year etc etc ....

If I remember the information I saw correctly, this is the earliest they have adjourned since 1960.

Absolutely and completely irresponsible.

That was some pivot to jobs they all did and man, was this this the coolest summer of recovery we ever saw?

Last edited:

Did you even read the article???? :cuckoo:

It's pretty obvious he didn't... Has a habit of that, though...

Forum List

Back