Dems barely get votes to adjourn after floor speech

Quite a coincidence that the Dems up for re-election voted for not adjourning.... everyone else said "F" you America we are out of here to go take our month long vacation..... What a job.... Only in America...

The only thing worse than this are the people like vayank on here who will support this adjournment...
A look from a different angle.
I am glad they voted to adjoun.
Now these bastards have to go home and face their very pissed off constiuencies. Or not.
I love it! This is a trap. If those holding vulnerable seats do not go out face the fire ,they appear fearful and they will lose the election. If they decide to go out and try to convince the folks back home that everything is ok and they need "just one more chance" they will look like idiots and they will be voted out of office anyway. These rocket scientists would have been better off hiding their sorry asses in Washington.

I actually support Congressional Recesses 100%. At least when they're away on Recess,i know they aren't destroying the nation. Personally i think our Congress is in session way too much. I mean how many more Laws do we really need? I think Americans should rethink their views on Congress. Their awful Micro-Managing has brought this nation to its knees. More Americans should advocate "Do-Nothing Congresses" like i do. I'll take a "Do-Nothing Congress" over an insane over-reaching Congress anytime.

People just need to change their old views of our Congress. You want them to meet much less and do much less. The more they meet,the more they destroy our nation. Unfortunately most Americans have been indoctrinated to believe that our Congress must meet everyday and pass more Laws. That's just the wrong approach. Less Government is the answer in the end. Do we really need a new Law to be passed everyday? So let em get the H*ll out of there. The nation is always better off when their gone. It's like a breath of fresh air when they're gone. So you can breath easy now America. They're gone. :)

I agree. The Framers had in mind the idea of a "citizen legislature".
These people are career politicians. US Reps spend more thasn half their terms campaigning. EVen when they are in session they are campaigning.
In it's purest form, our system of representation works well.
If elected office were once again viewed as service to the country by statesmen instead of the current career politician, We the People would have a lot more say in how government effects our lives.
As of now, most Washington politicians ignore those they claim to represent. They often act in their own self interest( re-election). They go along ot get along. They do not govern, they politic. They play with people's lives and livelyhoods to arrange deals to get other polticians to agree to vote for pieces of legislation which have nothing to do with promoting the general welfare of the People.
Quite frankly I'm sick of politicians. Apparetly I'm not alone. Hence the birth and growth of groups such as The Tea Party.....
This mid term election is going to be largely about ideology and much less about party.

Forum List

Back