Dempsey Hits Ryan For Calling Military Brass ‘Liars’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Political Junky, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,542
    Dempsey Hits Ryan For Calling Military Brass 'Liars': 'I Stand By My Testimony' In Support Of Obama DOD Budget | ThinkProgress
    :clap2:
    Yesterday during a policy discussion hosted by the National Journal, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), the House GOP’s supposed budget guru, said that America’s top military brass were lying about their support for President Obama’s Pentagon budget. When asked why the GOP’s budget — which passed the House yesterday — ignores the generals advice and increases military spending, Ryan replied, “We don’t think the generals are giving us their true advice.”
    Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Martin Dempsey fired back at Ryan, the Wall Street Journal reports:
    “There’s a difference between having someone say they don’t believe what you said versus … calling us, collectively, liars,” Gen. Dempsey told reporters aboard a U.S. military aircraft after a four day visit to Latin America. ”My response is: I stand by my testimony. This was very much a strategy-driven process to which we mapped the budget.”
    <more>

2. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    God what a prick that Ryan is, but that's mostly the war profiteers yapping at him to fix the automatic budget cuts next year.