Democrats Who Support Neil Gorsuch Will Pay A Price, Progressive Groups Warn

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
But one area where the opposition is still gathering is the impending confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, the respected appeals judge Trump nominated in to the Supreme Court. Gorsuch’s Senate confirmation hearings are set to begin March 20.

With the date nearing, progressive groups are beginning to get serious about the nominee, forming the The People’s Defense ― a new activist coalition aimed at bringing Gorsuch down at all costs. Or at least sounding the alarm about a nominee who even opponents say comes across as likable.

“I’m happy to sit down to lunch with him,” Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said in a call with reporters to lay out the coalition’s goals. “That’s way too low a bar for a jurist of the highest court of the land.”

The collective, which includes established advocacy organizations and newer ones formed in the wake of Trump’s election, wants to channel the anti-Trump sentiment sweeping the Democratic base. And they want to make it clear that the political battle over the empty Supreme Court seat ― which President Barack Obama lost when Republicans successfully blocked Judge Merrick Garland’s nomination in the Senate ― is part of that resistance.
Any Democrat, any elected official who is wondering whether the Supreme Court fight is a priority for the grassroots, needs to understand that the answer is an unequivocal yes,” said Anna Galland, the executive director of MoveOn.

“Senate Democrats are the only firewall we have left now against the Trump court,” added Murshed Zaheed, Credo Action’s political director. He warned that any Democrat who supports the Gorsuch nomination “will permanently damage his or her political career.”
Democrats Who Support Neil Gorsuch Will Pay A Price, Progressive Groups Warn | The Huffington Post

There is no sane reason not to support Neil Gorsuch except to be jack offs. Somewhere down the line jumping up and down and saying but they did it has become an OK thing to do.

Yesterday I came across an article of a 50 year old woman that traveled to Tennessee from Texas with her two disabled adult sons to locate housing. She was spending the night under a table at a food kitchen. The Housing Authority will be accepting applications to be placed on a waiting list for vouchers on March 27 for 24 hours online only. Of those, 1,000 will be chosen through a lottery. Three thousand came to fill out applications last time.

maslow-pyramid.jpg

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

This is the disconnect. Stop acting like a bunch of power hungry nitwits and get down to business because until you get off your behinds and do this............you are useless.

Gorsuch does not need any DEM's to support him so they might as well all vote universally NO in the Senate and make it politically obvious.

Gorsuch has every GOP senator behind him already.

Gorsuch does not need any DEM's to support him so they might as well all vote universally NO in the Senate and make it politically obvious.

That is not the point.

the only thing that matters here, and with all other nominations, is whether or not Republicans wind up having to use the "nuclear option"

I think we should go ahead and do it, as the Dems have already set the precedent for this

dcbl is correct in the probability the nuclear option will have to be used to get the nomination to an up and down vote.

Gorsuch is a business conservative not a social conservative.

That is not the point.
Well your fokking post with your sh!tty syntax rambled on and on and if there was any point to it then it was cryptic at best.

But go ahead, ramble on !!

dcbl is correct in the probability the nuclear option will have to be used to get the nomination to an up and down vote.

Gorsuch is a business conservative not a social conservative.

Jake?

did someone hack your account?

or are you actually entering a conversation without insults and snark?

Gorsuch really is not any more pernicious to the left than Garland was to the right - both are fine jurists and immensely qualified

all the debate and posturing is nothing more than petty partisanship

and yes, I was FOR blocking Garland (just as Biden was for blocking Bush appointees)

this SCOTUS seat was the driving force for me this election cycle

And for me as well.

Because they can take my guns when they peel them from my cold dead hands.

dcbl, I beat down people when they are rude and abusive to me. The Alt Right and Far Right pansies resent that I hit much harder than any of them ever have hit me. That will always be so.

This has always been my way: be polite, get polite.

I have no problem with either Garland or Gorsuch. Gorsuch in no way, shape, or belief is Scalia re-channeled.

That is not the point.
Well your fokking post with your sh!tty syntax rambled on and on and if there was any point to it then it was cryptic at best.

But go ahead, ramble on !!

So, you are slow. You have "organizers" that are mobilizing people for stupid shit that is not relevant and do nothing more than achieve power among themselves.

dcbl, I beat down people when they are rude and abusive to me. The Alt Right and Far Right pansies resent that I hit much harder than any opponent ever has hit me. That will always be so.

It has always been this way: be polite, get polite.

I have no problem with either Garland or Gorsuch. Gorsuch in no way, shape, or belief is Scalia re-channeled.
I agree that we will probably never see another Scalia on the SCOTUS.

Very few people hunt anymore.

So, you are slow. You have "organizers" that are mobilizing people for stupid shit that is not relevant and do nothing more than achieve power among themselves.
The "organizers" are all up your azz Disir .

And when you can write a coherent sentence and a concise paragraph get back to me then.

Gorsuch is very committed to civil liberties, particularly for African-Americans and Hispanics.

dcbl, I beat down people when they are rude and abusive to me. The Alt Right and Far Right pansies resent that I hit much harder than any opponent ever has hit me. That will always be so.

It has always been this way: be polite, get polite.

that's pretty much how I am as well; but sometimes I like to throw stuff out there just to "tweak" (some call it trolling, things like why do democrats always ____________???)

the tweaking or "trolling is never aimed at anyone in particular & is really what makes the board fun

but if someone gives me a thoughtful response OR makes a valid point/good argument, I will back off and engage in conversation

And when you can write a coherent sentence and a concise paragraph get back to me then.

Ignored. Another cockroach bites the dust.

Ignored. Another cockroach bites the dust.
Tit for tat.

In her case tiny shriveled tit.

Ignore list.

Another illiterate kunt who cannot write an intelligent sentence bites the dust with the cockroaches.

Fairly sure it needs 60 votes for a SCOTUS justice

Gorsuch is very committed to civil liberties, particularly for African-Americans and Hispanics.

I would argue that Trump is as well; and his policies for the black community have won over quite a few converts

the big issue is American policy on border/immigration enforcement & refugees.

I think it is grossly unfair to categorize him (and by extension, those that support him) as "racist based on his policy views there

truth is, we have reached the "tipping point" in American politics where reasoned debate is all but gone

but that's another topic for another thread....

Fairly sure it needs 60 votes for a SCOTUS justice

60 votes are needed to end debate and send the nomination to the floor for a vote

after that, 51 votes are needed to confirm

Harry Reid changed the senate rules to do away with the 60 vote requirement for some of Obama's nominees that had no realistic chance of clearing the 60 vote hurdle (or rather, he employed the "nuclear option")

I think it is likely we will see Mitch McConnell employ the same tactic

but PROBABLY not with Gorsuch; his placement on the court does not "tip the balance" on any key "hot button" issues

so, I think it is likely that Gorsuch gets confirmed in the traditional manner (after a lot of posturing and angst)

Democrats are likely to "keep their powder dry" on this one & hunker down for the real fight on the next one - strategically, that is the wise move & they know it; especially considering the lower level nominees that this would affect in the short term

Forum List

Back