Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Zero Hedge reported:
Tonight’s stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the “Evil Empire”, Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper – it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world’s most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.
From Emmerich:
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
My chart tells the story.

Last edited:
Your post doesn't prove your incendiary topic title. Nice try though.

this is how i grew up. my mom was that ~$30k earner, and we lived in neighborhoods swimming with the first two columns and their foodstamps. we had kaiser permanente medical from my mother's job and i doubt she got EIC.

Well then, you are having a comprehension problem.
The progressives have done a fine job of destroying property rights.

There are 4,000,000 people on welfare.

Most of them are children.

Do grow up.

Regarldess of the title (would anyone really argue Dems care about hte middle class? Or anyone else for that matter?) the point is well made. People often gripe how "the poor" are getting the shaft. In fact the poor make out much better than middle class people.

Regarldess of the title (would anyone really argue Dems care about hte middle class? Or anyone else for that matter?) the point is well made. People often gripe how "the poor" are getting the shaft. In fact the poor make out much better than middle class people.

I know it's the prevailing belief around USMB, but simply saying it doesn't make it so.

I see something in your post that negates the whole fucking thing.

Child care costs for all the categories are not the same.

WHY???????????

Oh I see, I went back and read it and I guess the one category is a part time worker.

Now I would like to know why I should trust the numbers of this writer anyway, where did he get his numbers?

Last edited:
Just went an examined the site you posted from.

They have a manifesto instead of an about page.

Liar. Even so, as someone with no class, how do you make out, Rabbi?
As a slum lord you must do well, the tax payers pay the section 8 rent which you collect, you depreciate the property reducing your income tax, and spent your income buying more property, letting those houses you own age without maintainence.

Well then, you are having a comprehension problem.
The progressives have done a fine job of destroying property rights.

If it wasn't for progressives, New Deal Democrats and the liberal era that ended with the Great Society, there would be no middle class. And the conservative era that followed has systematically dismantled the New Deal and the middle class has been eviscerated along with it.

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

4343827116_805f053e29_o.jpg

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'

People see this and don't beleive it. Shocking that they are all but calling it propaganda.

pfft, believe what you want.

I used to tell people that I turned a profit last year doing my taxes. I got over $200 back than I put in. I did it twice and my wife did it 3 times.

Thanks to Bush and Obama, I'm on welfare. And I didn't even sign up.

I know it's the prevailing belief around USMB, but simply saying it doesn't make it so.

You're right. Saying so doesn't make it so. Facts and figures make it so. And the OP provided those. What's your rebuttal?

Forum List

Back