Democrats Move to Make Gun-Makers Liable for Gun Crimes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
GettyImages-1155234546-385x200.jpg

When I stop laughing I have to pause to think just how idiotically stupid this is.

Do we hold car makers accountable for all vehicle deaths?

Do we go after distillers for the deaths caused by their beverages?

We also make big Pharma pay up for every prescription drug related death?

Democratic lawmakers introduced legislation Tuesday to hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes committed with their products.

The measure, introduced in both the House and Senate, seeks to repeal legislation passed in 2005 that enacted litigation protections for the gun industry, National Public Radio reported.

Responsible actors in the gun industry don’t need this limitation on liability. And the irresponsible ones don’t deserve it,” California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, one of the bill’s co-sponsors, said at a press conference Tuesday.

Victims of gun violence deserve their day in court.

Watch as @SenBlumenthal and I, alongside activists with @MomsDemand, @NewtownAction, @bradybuzz & @GiffordsCourage, introduce legislation to hold the gun industry accountable: End Special Protections for the Gun Industry - Repeal PLCAA
Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) June 11, 2019
All we’re doing through this proposal is giving victims of gun violence their day in court,” said Connecticut Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal, co-sponsor of the bill’s Senate version.

More @ Democrats Move to Make Gun-Makers Liable for Gun Crimes

BREAKING:
Forks to be banned because spaghetti may cause high cholesterol, and therefore lead to heart disease and death. More details as they become available.

This isn't a good example of needed gun control, it's a good example of needed lawsuit control in this country.

Grandstanding nonsense that doesn’t have a chance in the Senate. At least everyone gets a chance to mug for the cameras.

Grandstanding nonsense that doesn’t have a chance in the Senate. At least everyone gets a chance to mug for the cameras.

Yep, that's all this is about. Big show, just like when Republicans voted to get rid of Commie Care about 50 times.

Anyone advocating for such should be immediately executed.

I think they should get wall to wall news coverage. The left is always saying they don't want all our guns. Well, if you sue gun manufacturers out of business, where would we get them?

Tell the country. Tell the world. This is what liberals stand on: disarming the American public. They don't care about our safety, they don't care about the deaths it will cause, all they care about is getting their way, just like with illegal immigration. Americans simply don't count to these people.

Laugh while you can.
The left will keep chipping away at 2nd Amendment rights little by little until those rights are meaningless or removed.

"All that was required for evil men to prevail was for good men to do nothing"

Big whoop. They've done this before.

Are you aware how many states now have laws allowing confiscation of guns just at someone's word?

What I'm saying is that they keep chipping and eventually they will get it done.
(And that the Progs seem more determined to remove rights than the opposition seems committed to preserve them.)

There's an imbalance.

Laugh while you can.
The left will keep chipping away at 2nd Amendment rights little by little until those rights are meaningless or removed.

"All that was required for evil men to prevail was for good men to do nothing"

This isn't chipping away at anything. It's just a dog and pony show. They won't mention much about gun confiscation during the general election. If they push the gun issue too far, it will end up at the Supreme Court AGAIN, and we can have more laughs at their expense.

This isn't chipping away at anything. It's just a dog and pony show. They won't mention much about gun confiscation during the general election. If they push the gun issue too far, it will end up at the Supreme Court AGAIN, and we can have more laughs at their expense.

You may be right Ray. But I see them making serious headway. They've "Infringed" so much already it's hard to keep track.
They seem to achieve a ton of small, local victories. left in place they become the foundation for larger actions.

Plus EVERY night I see the Lamestream media trying to scare the beejesus out of young people and making them afraid of guns. Those are tomorrow's voters.

And kinda sorta, you made my point.....you said "AGAIN"....like I said, they will never give up until the perfect storm comes around and they win.

Personally, I never underestimate the enemy.

ymmv

Forum List

Back