Democrats.. Can be Fun...?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Just some Democrat quotes I found along the way.. I wouldn't mind a few more..:lol:

"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too."

-- Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)

"I don't like bipartisan. Whenever a fellow tells me he's bipartisan, I know that he's going to vote against me."

-- Give 'em hell Harry Truman, president of the United States, 1945-1953.

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

-- Bill Clinton, former president of the United States, on Black Entertainment Television. Which one of us is ordinary, Mr. President?

"I remember you telling me earlier today that you were looking forward to not talking much today. I was looking forward to it, too."

-- Randy Ewing, Louisiana state senator, to Louisiana state senator John Hainkel. You just have to love those Cajun politicos.

"He's a brilliant actor, but what makes Republicans think he could do well in politics? Of course, it's hard to argue with Arnold when you're hanging upside down by the ankles."

-- Teddy Kennedy speaking about Arnold Schwarzenegger running for governor of California.

"I'm an elderly gentleman. I haven't been in a fight involving bodily contact in 60 years. Look, I fall trying to put on my underwear in the morning."

-- Pete Stark trying to deny he threatened another member of Congress with physical violence. Can you say "spin?"

"I'm for anybody from Chicago coming to New York."

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton, senator from New York (raised in Chicago) on the possible trade of Chicago Cubs slugger, Sammy Sosa, to the New York Yankees. At least she's honest.

"I could not lose unless I was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."

-- Edwin W. Edwards, former governor of Louisiana when asked about his chances of winning against the Republican candidate, David Duke, a former grand wizard of the KKK.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."

-- Harry Truman

Dumb Things Democrats Say

Last edited:
i'm pleased that there's a thread outlining dumb things democrats say.

i hear they wanted to do one for republicans but the internets didn't have enough bandwidth. :thup:

:lol:.. Why Jillian... you are funny... not just charming and such...

i hear they wanted to do one for republicans but the internets didn't have enough bandwidth. :thup:

you must answer the question: can democrats be fun? and you must elaborate.

Yes, Democrats can be fun. My former BFF is the funniest, wittiest and most hilarious person I have ever known. Memories still make me laugh. :D Love her to this day.

"It is our experience that political leaders do not always mean the opposite of what they say." --Abba Eban--Israeli politician.

Yes, Democrats can be fun. My former BFF is the funniest, wittiest and most hilarious person I have ever known. Memories still make me laugh. :D Love her to this day.

"It is our experience that political leaders do not always mean the opposite of what they say." --Abba Eban--Israeli politician.

I think liberal Gals are lottsa fun.... or not...

Just some Democrat quotes I found along the way.. I wouldn't mind a few more..:lol:

"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too."

-- Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)

"I don't like bipartisan. Whenever a fellow tells me he's bipartisan, I know that he's going to vote against me."

-- Give 'em hell Harry Truman, president of the United States, 1945-1953.

"African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

-- Bill Clinton, former president of the United States, on Black Entertainment Television. Which one of us is ordinary, Mr. President?

"I remember you telling me earlier today that you were looking forward to not talking much today. I was looking forward to it, too."

-- Randy Ewing, Louisiana state senator, to Louisiana state senator John Hainkel. You just have to love those Cajun politicos.

"He's a brilliant actor, but what makes Republicans think he could do well in politics? Of course, it's hard to argue with Arnold when you're hanging upside down by the ankles."

-- Teddy Kennedy speaking about Arnold Schwarzenegger running for governor of California.

"I'm an elderly gentleman. I haven't been in a fight involving bodily contact in 60 years. Look, I fall trying to put on my underwear in the morning."

-- Pete Stark trying to deny he threatened another member of Congress with physical violence. Can you say "spin?"

"I'm for anybody from Chicago coming to New York."

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton, senator from New York (raised in Chicago) on the possible trade of Chicago Cubs slugger, Sammy Sosa, to the New York Yankees. At least she's honest.

"I could not lose unless I was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy."

-- Edwin W. Edwards, former governor of Louisiana when asked about his chances of winning against the Republican candidate, David Duke, a former grand wizard of the KKK.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."

-- Harry Truman

Dumb Things Democrats Say

Outstanding...:lol: Love the levity.

i've always thought dems were more fun than repubs. :)

do i have to elaborate? most rockers are libs. :rock:

Yeah, Democrats are more fun. I used to work in an Architectural/Engineering firm and we always thought the Architects were more fun than Engineers too, they had better parties and always had the best suggestions when we went out. One group was more Liberal and one more Conservative..

Yeah, Democrats are more fun. I used to work in an Architectural/Engineering firm and we always thought the Architects were more fun than Engineers too, they had better parties and always had the best suggestions when we went out. One group was more Liberal and one more Conservative..

This I answer...*YEAH* Here I GO Again...stepped right into it...didn't ya Sarah? :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]YouTube - Living Colour - Cult Of Personality[/ame]

Democrats are fun. Like Slinkies, they're not good for anything, but they're amusing to watch when you push them down the stairs.

This I answer...*YEAH* Here I GO Again...stepped right into it...didn't ya Sarah? :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0"]YouTube - Living Colour - Cult Of Personality[/ame]

Is English your second language, Thomas?

Forum List

Back