Democrats are wrong with their tax argument

What happened when Bill Clinton cut the capital gains tax rate, Chris?

What happened when Reagan cut the capital gains tax rate, Chris?

What happened when JFK cut the capital gains tax rate, Chris?

Tax revenues are the lowest they have ever been.

What's happening now????

Where's the big expansion???

Where's the big increase in revenues???

What a fucking idiot. We didn't even have a permanent Federal income tax until well into the 20th century.

Capital gains directly correlate to American economic prosperity - for everyone.

Do you got more of something, or less of something when you tax it, Libtards?

Want Economic Prosperity for Everyone? Cut the TOP tax rates, not the bottom. | RedState

Remember yesterday when I said you were a talking points echo chamber? Using Red State makes my point for me.:eusa_whistle:
Did you know that a person can find resources that aren't biased if they have the ambition that is and want to have credibility? Then other people are either too lazy or simply a talking points echo chamber.

Capital gains directly correlate to American economic prosperity - for everyone.

Want Economic Prosperity for Everyone? Cut the TOP tax rates, not the bottom. | RedState

Remember yesterday when I said you were a talking points echo chamber? Using Red State makes my point for me.:eusa_whistle:
Did you know that a person can find resources that aren't biased if they have the ambition that is and want to have credibility? Then other people are either too lazy or simply a talking points echo chamber.

Did Federal tax receipts go up, or did they go down each and every time capital gains were cut, troll?

Over the centuries "Rich People" have always been the minority, and they have always done more to denegrate, demonize, oppress and assail the poor.

Rich People justified slavery. Rich People create War. Rich People cause economies to crash.
Rich People funded expeditions to South and North America, and what became of the Native inhabitants? Rich people defined them as "Savages" to justify taking what they had so that they could become richer.

There is nothing more pathetic than a Rich Person, who has had good fortune in this life, to be whining about how unfair everything is to them while they remind everyone of how superior they are in ethic, work, intelligence and moral rightness.

Meanwhile, the majority with a lot less and for the most part just tries to have enough for shelter, food and clothing.

Oh those Poor Rich People who the poor owe so much to!

President Obama is that you?

Yes I know the rich are what is wrong with the world. They are the evil people just sitting in their room wishing they had some poor people to have running around outside for target practice. They wish to kill all the scum on the bottom. You obviously know a lot of rich people and therefore can speak of their evil plans. I think you mistaken the rich for government and religion.

Both Ronald Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt thought Capital Gains and Dividends should be taxed at the same rate as a working man's paycheck.

They thought being able to make money WITHOUT ACTUALLY WORKING was benefit enough....

Who said they knew everything? Who said they were always right?

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics.

Richest 400 Earn More, Pay Lower Tax Rate - Forbes.com

And you think they are just going to sit back and hand that money over without a fight? You think they can not invest that money where the US Democrats can't steal it? You need to read my message again.

So where does that leave us? Well we republicans have already realized the reality. There is only so much we can do in terms of increasing revenue. We realize that we have to really attack the spending. The fact is we know raising taxes does not equal increased revenue. In fact increased taxes on investments usually will mean decreased economic activity and therefore decreased revenue. Look at now with Obama and you should already know this is true. Heck there is just decreased economic activity now among the investors just because of fear and not even realized yet. So you Democrats can keep living in fantasy land or you can come down to reality and start having a real conversation with us republicans about what we can REALLY do.

The ones living in a fantasy land are you right wingers. Your propaganda masters and politicians pretend to be for fiscal responsibility, but in reality they are for the complete opposite.
Right wing "trickle down" fiscal policies have never worked, ever! Slashing revenues while spending like lunatics is what the GOP are all about, and what led us into the fiscal disaster in the first place.

Here's a fun fact, do you know when the last time a republican president balanced the budget?

We all know it's not W.

Maybe Bush 1? Nope.

Reagan is the 2nd coming of christ to the hard right, of course he would have!,...Try again.

You would have to go all the way back to Nixon.

Now take a look at Clinton which not only balanced the budget, but gave us the biggest surplus in US history. This is a perfect example of what democratic fiscal plans are all about and what makes them so successful; Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that GOP "Slash revenues and spend like lunatics" fiscal plans are complete failures, but democratic "fair tax rates and controlled spending" plans are wildly successful.

Well, and Clinton did that all by himself, oh wait he had REPUBLICAN majorities on the house and senate that made him sign bills like welfare reform....

Quit distorting the record, you're dealing with people that follow this stuff not the kids in schools you like to indoctrinate

Do I see someone rewriting history? You bet!
Reforming welfare was one of Clinton's campaign promises in 1992.
He and Newt Gingrich negotiated the substance of the bill. The GOP did not have a veto proof majority and Clinton had vetoed to previous versions of welfare reform put forward by the GOP. Thusly, like real grownups a Democratic President and a GOP Speaker of the House compromised. And things got done.
Maybe, the draw-the-line-in the-sand crowd could learn something from that,,but I doubt it.

I'd pay more to buy a product made in america. Those businesses that send jobs overseas to avoid higher labor costs should be looked down upon by those of us who have created good paying jobs for the hardest, most dedicated, most efficient work force in the world, the american worker.

If only you had a job and didn't still live with your mom, you could buy all kinds of American made things.

I'd pay more to buy a product made in america. Those businesses that send jobs overseas to avoid higher labor costs should be looked down upon by those of us who have created good paying jobs for the hardest, most dedicated, most efficient work force in the world, the american worker.

If only you had a job and didn't still live with your mom, you could buy all kinds of American made things.

As with most Liberals, he is full of more shit than a baby robin.

The ones living in a fantasy land are you right wingers. Your propaganda masters and politicians pretend to be for fiscal responsibility, but in reality they are for the complete opposite.
Right wing "trickle down" fiscal policies have never worked, ever! Slashing revenues while spending like lunatics is what the GOP are all about, and what led us into the fiscal disaster in the first place.

Here's a fun fact, do you know when the last time a republican president balanced the budget?

We all know it's not W.

Maybe Bush 1? Nope.

Reagan is the 2nd coming of christ to the hard right, of course he would have!,...Try again.

You would have to go all the way back to Nixon.

Now take a look at Clinton which not only balanced the budget, but gave us the biggest surplus in US history. This is a perfect example of what democratic fiscal plans are all about and what makes them so successful; Fair tax rates, and controlled spending.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that GOP "Slash revenues and spend like lunatics" fiscal plans are complete failures, but democratic "fair tax rates and controlled spending" plans are wildly successful.

Well, and Clinton did that all by himself, oh wait he had REPUBLICAN majorities on the house and senate that made him sign bills like welfare reform....

Quit distorting the record, you're dealing with people that follow this stuff not the kids in schools you like to indoctrinate

Do I see someone rewriting history? You bet!
Reforming welfare was one of Clinton's campaign promises in 1992.
He and Newt Gingrich negotiated the substance of the bill. The GOP did not have a veto proof majority and Clinton had vetoed to previous versions of welfare reform put forward by the GOP. Thusly, like real grownups a Democratic President and a GOP Speaker of the House compromised. And things got done.
Maybe, the draw-the-line-in the-sand crowd could learn something from that,,but I doubt it.

Did Federal tax receipts go up, or did they go down each and every time capital gains were cut?

Did Federal tax receipts go up, or did they go down each and every time capital gains were cut, troll?

Well here's a chart, not a whole lot of consistency for tax receipts, they jump up and then the seem to diminish.

There was, in fact, only one time that capital gains were taxed at the same rates that were paid by people who earned their money by working. That was during the years 1988 to 1990, as a result of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 — a law championed by President Ronald Reagan.

Yes and long term went down in 1997 under Clinton. The average capital gains tax is where it has usually been historically. With the exception of those 10 years. And if you look at the growth prior to 1987 and look at growth since you would see it slowed. But we increased the actual income tax rates. We need to pick one and stick with it.

Well here's a chart, not a whole lot of consistency for tax receipts, they jump up and then the seem to diminish.

They went up each and every time, Libtard.

" We're going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory some of those loophole were understandable, but in practice, they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing." ~ Ronald Reagan.

Republicans are the ones that want the loop holes closed. Democrats want them open so their friends like GM and GE can pay no taxes at all.

Prove it.

Your link does not.

Talk about denying reality.

Capital gains taxes are the lowest they have ever been.

Tax revenues as a percentage of GDP are the lowest since the 1950.

You were proved wrong, but you don't have the balls to admit it.

You are correct they are at historic lows since 1944. But that is due more to a poor economy being dragged down by regulations, debt, and talk of future taxes.

Last edited:
I love the smell of toasted Libtards - and pretend 'No Label' Libtards - in the morning!

LOL

I don't have to pretend, about half my Reps are from conservatives and about half of the Negs I have received are from liberals.
You have such a little mind that you are incapable of undersatanding the concept of thinking for yourself. Only the weakminded have issues with the concept of not having someone hold your hand while your trying to make up your mind on issues. And naturally , you goose-step to your masters. Fool.

Prove it.

Your link does not.

Talk about denying reality.

Capital gains taxes are the lowest they have ever been.

Tax revenues as a percentage of GDP are the lowest since the 1950.

You were proved wrong, but you don't have the balls to admit it.

You are correct they are at historic lows. But that is due more to a poor economy being dragged down by regulations, debt, and talk of future taxes.

When the current capital gains rate was introduced, we experienced the predictable economic boom.

Forum List

Back