Democrats Are Holding Energy—and Prosperity—Captive

WethePeopleUS

Mar 14, 2013
United States of America
Apparently the dems are trying to block exporting natural gas to foreign countries. Obama has stated, "I've got to make a decision -- an executive decision broadly about whether or not we export liquefied natural gas at all."

The federal governments reasoning for this? We should keep the sales here in America, and not export it, because it will drive prices up for Americans. That is nonsense. Do we hold our export on wheat, to control bread prices? No. Do we hold our export on electronics to keep Best Buy in business? No. Our usual approach in matters like these is to let prices be determined by the free interplay of supply and demand. So how do the feds think they can justify holding out on exporting?

Democrats Are Holding Energy?and Prosperity?Captive - Reason.com

Just as every argument against hydraulic fracturing is ridiculous.
It's the idiotic left anti-business cocktrollops who think they know what's best for this nation.

I concur.. and the sad thing is they think they know everything, and nobody can tell them different. Moreover, they are so far from reality, it is actually painful to watch these idiots speak. I just can't believe some of the utterances that come out of their mouths..

Makes me wonder how the hell they got to a "governing" position in the first place..

Just as every argument against hydraulic fracturing is ridiculous.
It's the idiotic left anti-business cocktrollops who think they know what's best for this nation.

You are absolutely correct. Hydraulic fracturing is supposed to lower utility prices in certain areas of New York by as much as 15%.. yet, we hear about how it is "harmful" to the environment. Even though it is not as bad as coal.

We've been fracking wells in Illinois for over 60 years.
Now that there is interest in a shale gas/liquids play that will require horizontal high-volume jobs, every jackass liberal/environmentalist in the state has come out of the woodwork and ramrodded bullshit legislation and regulations (and fees and taxes) down industry's throat.

Over $100 million has been spent on leases alone, yet these companies aren't going to turn the first bit until Springfield gets off its ass and passes the "fracturing bill". State regs are already 240 pages thick and now they've added another 125 pages of redundant legislation, $13,000 per well fees, and a 4% severance tax.

Shit the bed Fred.

Forum List

Back