Democrats and reparations....the truth about slavery....

Yeah...the democrats keep bitching about reparations for slavery for people who were never slaves in order to punish people who never owned slaves.....

this article points out why they should be careful what they ask for...because the truth about slavery is not what the democrats want....

Keeping in mind.....if blacks want reparations....they really need to sue the democrat party......the members of that party having actually been the slave owners....

Blog: Why we should welcome a real trial about slave reparations

The legal discovery that would accompany any slave reparations trial would have and make public that the Ottoman Empire kept “slave armies.” Note that we are now talking about Muslims or the ancestors of Muslims being responsible for not only the beginnings of slavery, but also for the word “slave” itself. Think of how much American students might have to be forced to learn. In the 1970s, there was a wildly popular TV miniseries called Roots, in which the story of Alex Haley’s supposed ancestors came to this country. Forgetting the fact that Mr. Haley was forced to admit he plagiarized the entire story, and that the story Mr. Haley told never could have occurred as it was told in the miniseries, many people today actually believe that Roots and the story told was an accurate historical account – especially the part about how Kunta Kinte was captured by whites, aka Christians. In actuality, the overwhelming majority of slave trading was done through Muslim slave traders. And African nations profited off selling their “black brothers and sisters.” The Nyamwezi tribe of modern day Tanzania helped to establish a slave pipeline that started in Angola.

The Dahomey (now Benin) nation rulers profited off the slave trade. In the 1840s, King Gezo said he would “do anything the British would want apart from giving up the slave trade.” We haven’t even touched on the number of African-Americans who not only owned but also traded slaves. One of the more famous of the black plantation owners was Nicolas Metoyer, who along with his family owned over 200 slaves.

And how about the African-Americans who owned white slaves? Think this didn’t occur? In the late 1600s through early 1700s, black males were buying indentured servants (usually white) for their farms.

If you want to have a real debate about race relations in the USA, as all liberals say they want to have, great, let’s bring it on. Talk about slavery throughout history, and how Muslims profited off the slave trade as much if not more than did Christians. How blacks have sold their own “brothers and sisters” into slavery. We as Americans should and need to stop being afraid of offending someone, and teach real and true history. Who knows, maybe it would get some of our youngsters to start appreciating their country again? And who knows? Maybe, just maybe, the Israelis would get a nice reparations check from Egypt and other Arab nations.

Read more: Blog: Why we should welcome a real trial about slave reparations
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
I'm 100% behind any American who was held as a slave getting reperations.

"Forced labor in agriculture is also very prevalent, and it’s discussed in 126 narratives; 67% of the countries covered in the Report. We saw forced labor in agricultural, including the United States. The Report describes activities as diverse as cattle herding and cultivating, cocoa, tea, potatoes, bananas, palm oil, sugar cane, and coffee. I’ve had many of those things in the last week. And I can’t tell you whether or not they came from a place that was exploitation-free, despite the fact of what I do for a living."

As in "illegals". You could drill down into this more if you were interested,

Modern Day Slavery and What We Buy

Forced migrant labor
People may be enticed to migrate with the promise of work, only to have their documents seized and to be forced to work under the threat of violence to them or their families.[14] Illegal immigrants may also be taken advantage of; without legal residency, they often have no recourse to the law. Along with sex slavery this is the form of slavery most often encountered in wealthy countries such as the United States, in Western Europe, and in the Middle East.

Contemporary slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Five plead guilty in Immokalee slavery case
Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008
Five Immokalee residents pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to charges of enslaving Mexican and Guatemalan workers, brutalizing them and forcing them to work in farm fields.

Five plead guilty in Immokalee slavery case | International Labor Rights Forum
As soon as you locate these slaves working on cocoa, tea, bananas, palm oil, sugar cane, and coffee in America, I'm all for getting reperations to them.

Isn't Immokalee in Florida?

We saw forced labor in agricultural, including the United States?

often encountered in wealthy countries such as the United States?

Nevermind, if you don't wanna know I can't help ya.
Slavery is practiced in the Islamic world, but why bring that into a discussion about America?

If you'd gone through the thread you would have seen some other little smartass make a comment about being happy to pay reparations if he could find slavery in america NOW. I offered some examples. Not that I give two fucks about any reparations, but to attempt to encourage a fellow american to think more critically about our own society. If we're going to be OK with slavery here and call attention to slavery in Islamic societies fine, just say so. I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
Yeah...the democrats keep bitching about reparations for slavery for people who were never slaves in order to punish people who never owned slaves.....

this article points out why they should be careful what they ask for...because the truth about slavery is not what the democrats want....

Keeping in mind.....if blacks want reparations....they really need to sue the democrat party......the members of that party having actually been the slave owners....

The legal discovery that would accompany any slave reparations trial would have and make public that the Ottoman Empire kept “slave armies.” Note that we are now talking about Muslims or the ancestors of Muslims being responsible for not only the beginnings of slavery, but also for the word “slave” itself. Think of how much American students might have to be forced to learn. In the 1970s, there was a wildly popular TV miniseries called Roots, in which the story of Alex Haley’s supposed ancestors came to this country. Forgetting the fact that Mr. Haley was forced to admit he plagiarized the entire story, and that the story Mr. Haley told never could have occurred as it was told in the miniseries, many people today actually believe that Roots and the story told was an accurate historical account – especially the part about how Kunta Kinte was captured by whites, aka Christians. In actuality, the overwhelming majority of slave trading was done through Muslim slave traders. And African nations profited off selling their “black brothers and sisters.” The Nyamwezi tribe of modern day Tanzania helped to establish a slave pipeline that started in Angola.

The Dahomey (now Benin) nation rulers profited off the slave trade. In the 1840s, King Gezo said he would “do anything the British would want apart from giving up the slave trade.” We haven’t even touched on the number of African-Americans who not only owned but also traded slaves. One of the more famous of the black plantation owners was Nicolas Metoyer, who along with his family owned over 200 slaves.

And how about the African-Americans who owned white slaves? Think this didn’t occur? In the late 1600s through early 1700s, black males were buying indentured servants (usually white) for their farms.

If you want to have a real debate about race relations in the USA, as all liberals say they want to have, great, let’s bring it on. Talk about slavery throughout history, and how Muslims profited off the slave trade as much if not more than did Christians. How blacks have sold their own “brothers and sisters” into slavery. We as Americans should and need to stop being afraid of offending someone, and teach real and true history. Who knows, maybe it would get some of our youngsters to start appreciating their country again? And who knows? Maybe, just maybe, the Israelis would get a nice reparations check from Egypt and other Arab nations.

"Forced labor in agriculture is also very prevalent, and it’s discussed in 126 narratives; 67% of the countries covered in the Report. We saw forced labor in agricultural, including the United States. The Report describes activities as diverse as cattle herding and cultivating, cocoa, tea, potatoes, bananas, palm oil, sugar cane, and coffee. I’ve had many of those things in the last week. And I can’t tell you whether or not they came from a place that was exploitation-free, despite the fact of what I do for a living."

Forced migrant labor
People may be enticed to migrate with the promise of work, only to have their documents seized and to be forced to work under the threat of violence to them or their families.[14] Illegal immigrants may also be taken advantage of; without legal residency, they often have no recourse to the law. Along with sex slavery this is the form of slavery most often encountered in wealthy countries such as the United States, in Western Europe, and in the Middle East.

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008
Five Immokalee residents pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to charges of enslaving Mexican and Guatemalan workers, brutalizing them and forcing them to work in farm fields.

As soon as you locate these slaves working on cocoa, tea, bananas, palm oil, sugar cane, and coffee in America, I'm all for getting reperations to them.

Just like I am still waiting for the OP to locate the Democrats demanding reparations for slavery.
Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

"A powerful group of civil rights and class-action lawyers..."

"That HR 40 has never—under either Democrats or Republicans—made it to the House floor suggests ..."

Forced migrant labor

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008

Slavery is practiced in the Islamic world, but why bring that into a discussion about America?

Why indeed, since you're soiling yourself over black folk in america.

Forced migrant labor

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008

If you'd gone through the thread you would have seen some other little smartass make a comment about being happy to pay reparations if he could find slavery in america NOW. I offered some examples. Not that I give two fucks about any reparations, but to attempt to encourage a fellow american to think more critically about our own society. If we're going to be OK with slavery here and call attention to slavery in Islamic societies fine, just say so. I'm ok with that.
I suggest you call the police about people being held as slaves rather than ranting about it on a message board.

Forced migrant labor

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008

Just like I am still waiting for the OP to locate the Democrats demanding reparations for slavery.
Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

"That HR 40 has never—under either Democrats or Republicans—made it to the House floor suggests ..."
Let me guess - no Democrats are behind the call for reparations.

Forced migrant labor

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

Reparations For Slavery- hmmmmm from the year 2000? Anything this century? Are any of these people even still alive?
And not one person identified as a Democrat there.
But congratulations- you found some people from 16 years ago who thought reparations was a good idea.

The Case for Reparations
Well this article at least was written in our decade- but once again- where are the Democrats the OP mentioned?

Forced migrant labor

Amy Bennett Williams
Ft. Myers News-Press
09/03/2008

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

Perhaps you missed the claims of the OP

Yeah...the democrats keep bitching about reparations for slavery

So far- neither you- or the OP have been able to find any 'democrats' bitching about reparations.

Hell to find two articles even supporting the concept of reparations you had to go back 16 years.

But- heck- no reason why we should expect you to challenge the OP on his claims.

No reason at all.

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

So far- neither you- or the OP have been able to find any 'democrats' bitching about reparations.

Hell to find two articles even supporting the concept of reparations you had to go back 16 years.

But- heck- no reason why we should expect you to challenge the OP on his claims.

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

USATODAY.com - Blacks rally in nation's capital for slavery reparations

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

Nope- not this decade.

But congrats on finding an article from this century!

Finally though you found one Democrat- you must be relieved- you found a Democrat who 11 years ago was calling for reparations.

Man that Conyers keeps 'bitchin' -can't help but calling for reparations every 10 years or so....

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

No reason at all.
Let me guess. Groups like BLM and elected officials of the Democratic Party are Republican supporters.

Black Lives Matter asks state Dems for 'reparations'

N.C. Democratic Party calls for 1898 Wilmington Race Riot reparations

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

Nope- not this decade.

Finally though you found one Democrat- you must be relieved- you found a Democrat who 11 years ago was calling for reparations.

Man that Conyers keeps 'bitchin' -can't help but calling for reparations every 10 years or so....
Let me guess. MSNBC is a conservative organization.

The case for reparations

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

No reason at all.
Let me guess. Groups like BLM and elected officials of the Democratic Party are Republican supporters.

Reparations For Slavery

The Case for Reparations

No reason at all.

Let me guess- you assume that any group with the word 'Black' in it are Democrats?

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) -

The N.C. Democratic Party is calling on state lawmakers to pay descendants of people victimized by the 1898 Wilmington Race Riot.

Hey- finally you actually found Democrats- asking for reparations- for riots in 1898.....and not for slavery like the OP claimed.....

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

Nope- not this decade.

The case for reparations

Let me guess- you just assume that anyone you disagree with is a Democrat, so therefore you can call any person or organization "Democrats'.

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

Nope- not this decade.

The case for reparations

Let me guess- you just assume that anyone you disagree with is a Democrat, so therefore you can call any person or organization "Democrats'.
Nice spin, but everyone knows those groups are Dem party cheerleaders.
But keep up the cheerleading dodges, this is fun.

No reason at all.
Oh hum.

Nope- not this decade.

The case for reparations

Yep- when you can't find actual Democrats, just pull up anyone and label them Democrats......yeah- thats the ticket.....

No worries- I never had any expectation that you would actually care about the truth of the OP's claims.

Nope- not this decade.

The case for reparations

Yep- when you can't find actual Democrats, just pull up anyone and label them Democrats......yeah- thats the ticket.....

No worries- I never had any expectation that you would actually care about the truth of the OP's claims.

Nope- not this decade.

The case for reparations

Now he claims Black Lives Matters is not on the side of Democrats.
image.jpeg

You and the author of the blog are a couple of dumbasses. Someone should do a biopsy to discover the source of such rambling stupidity.

How long were you a slave?

Since you are obviously stupid...I will forgive your stupidity......racism is the heart and soul of the democrat party.....every single core group of the democrats is openly and proudly racist.......please...try to deny that....
if you mean the conservative democrats during slavery I agree.

And conservative Republicans freed the slaves.....

The civil war and john brown freed the slaves. Lincoln, a republican (before the dixiecrats took over the republican party during the civil rights movement upon leaving the democratic party in a snit for siding with the civil rights movement,)
was president and issued the proclamation. Hardly "conservative".

But if you're more comfortable with revisionism no one can help you. And would be kinda silly for trying. So I'll stop Stay "safe" in your illusion pard.

So genius....the rabid racists joined the actual party that actually passed the Civil Rights acts..

The actual party that passed the Civil Rights Act was the Democratic Party with the assistance of the Republican Party.

Wrong.......nice lie though

Since you are obviously stupid...I will forgive your stupidity......racism is the heart and soul of the democrat party.....every single core group of the democrats is openly and proudly racist.......please...try to deny that....
if you mean the conservative democrats during slavery I agree.

And conservative Republicans freed the slaves.....

The civil war and john brown freed the slaves. Lincoln, a republican (before the dixiecrats took over the republican party during the civil rights movement upon leaving the democratic party in a snit for siding with the civil rights movement,)
was president and issued the proclamation. Hardly "conservative".

But if you're more comfortable with revisionism no one can help you. And would be kinda silly for trying. So I'll stop Stay "safe" in your illusion pard.

So genius....the rabid racists joined the actual party that actually passed the Civil Rights acts..

The actual party that passed the Civil Rights Act was the Democratic Party with the assistance of the Republican Party.

Do you realize how many civil rights acts there were and who passed them....? Do some homework....

I'm pretty sure the Old testament had rules for slavery. Which would be odd if it wasn't invented until the Muslims showed up millenia later.

Perhaps the Hebrews had a delorian. Or a blue police box.
No slavery is actually condoned in the OT.

Can't be. I distinctly remember reading 'Muslims being responsible for not only the beginnings of slavery'.

And the OT came long before Muslims did.

So....Hebrews going 88mph was it?
Exodus 21

You do realize the slave owners here in the US used the bible to brainwash the enslaved into being compliant dont you?

And the abolitionists used the bible to free the blacks....the slave owners who used the bible to justify keeping slaves....were democrats....the abolitionists using the bible to free the slaves....republicans...

Abolitionists using the Bible existed long before there was a Republican Party.

The slave owners who used the bible to justify keeping slaves were eventually Democrats- but not until 1828.

But they were Southern.

So tell me- do you call the South the region of racism and slavery?

And do you condemn the Confederate slave states?

In the time before the Republicans won the civil war, yes.

Forum List

Back