Democrat Wants to Ban Body Armor for the Public

Yes. I'm still not seeing the chain where an honest citizen wearing a vest creates risk to the police. Have you seen the leftists explain that one?

it's not the honest citizens they are worried about but i think the solution is probably to regulate distribution thru the same channels as the weapons these vests are used to protect people from... that way, honest people can still buy them to protect themselves, and terrorists cells can't load up on them without being noticed...

Yes. I'm still not seeing the chain where an honest citizen wearing a vest creates risk to the police. Have you seen the leftists explain that one?

it's not the honest citizens they are worried about but i think the solution is probably to regulate distribution thru the same channels as the weapons these vests are used to protect people from... that way, honest people can still buy them to protect themselves, and terrorists cells can't load up on them without being noticed...

OK, so maybe you can answer the question no other liberals have been able to answer. Any kid in high school can get pot, how are you going to prevent criminals from getting bullet proof vests?

Keeping guns from criminals - liberals what is your plan US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Let's hear it. Those laws ONLY keep them out of the hands of honest citizens.

if you understood my post, spaz, you'd know i didn't say criminals wouldn't be able to obtain them. :itsok:

They can already get their AK-47s....Lets get them some body armor too

Oh you must have missed it. Ogibillm already explained it. It's a risk to police because it makes it more difficult for police to kill you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Oh you must have missed it. Ogibillm already explained it. It's a risk to police because it makes it more difficult for police to kill you.

paranoid much? or maybe you'd like to see our police forces out-gunned...

Now that is a classic example of begging the question. This one could be used in an academic textbook to demonstrate the fallacy.

So Valerie, you can't answer the question I take it since you wrote a snarky post that didn't answer the question? You working on an answer to my challenge?

Keeping guns from criminals - liberals what is your plan US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

it's just a general question - is some tech better suited out of the hands of the general public to give law enforcement an upper-hand?

No. Especially if it gives law enforcement (i.e. the government) an upper hand.
so you find that law enforcement should be less able to protect themselves than the general public?

What the fuck are you talking about? Me wearing body armor does not inhibit a police officer's ability to protect him/her self.
except making that available to everyone means that the police officers capabilities are lessened. they are relatively weaker, and thus their ability to protect the public has been compromised.
on the other side of that, if police are the only ones allowed to have body armor they are more capable than the public, and better able to protect them.

I've heard that argument and it is a decent point (imho).
But outlawing body armor doesn't mean that police will not be confronted with perps wearing body armor. Shoot 'em in the head.

Or make sure you have something with enough steam that the body armor won't do them any good. (Offhand, just about any rifle bigger than a .22LR will go through a typical police vest like paper.)

So Valerie, you can't answer the question I take it since you wrote a snarky post that didn't answer the question? You working on an answer to my challenge?

oh wow, another spastic challenge... the answer is you obviously can't, spaz.. :itsok:

if you understood my post, spaz, you'd know i didn't say criminals wouldn't be able to obtain them. :itsok:

OK, so maybe you can answer the question no other liberals have been able to answer. Any kid in high school can get pot, how are you going to prevent criminals from getting bullet proof vests?

i think the solution is probably to regulate distribution thru the same channels as the weapons these vests are used to protect people from... that way, honest people can still buy them to protect themselves, and terrorists cells can't load up on them without being noticed...

so you do not believe that if all offensive and defensive tech are made available that an arms race will happen between police and criminals?

Body armor is currently legal. So where's your arms race?
you think there isn't one? I guess you dont remember the ban on 'cop-killer' bullets

Which was-entirely-bullshit. Also note that the ban on "cop killer" pistol ammo has turned into a back-door ban on steel-cored rifle ammo. Offhand, "pistol" calibers like .308, 7.62x39 (the AK47 round), .223 Remington (the AR15 round), and 7.62NATO are all banned as "armor piercing pistol rounds", though all are RIFLE rounds!

Also note that any of those rifle rounds will go through a pistol-rated vest like paper, with lead-cored ammo! (Hell, a hardball .308 will go through a 1/4" steel plate.) I'm not sure ANY vest would stop a shot from a .22-250 (super-high-velocity) target rifle. I'm damn sure nothing short of a mecha suit would protect against a .577 T-rex.

No, I'm not paranoid at all. That is exactly what Ogibillm said.

I shit you not, that is what he said!

Ogibillm's explanation was bullet proof vests make it more difficult for police to take people down, thus they are a danger to the police.

It's a false premise.

scarcity in the marketplace, price, and illegality discourages everyone. perhaps not enough to dissuade everyone, but it does discourage people.

and let's not pretend we're talking about drugs or alcohol here - these are items that the average person can't grow in their backyard or brew in their basements. we're talking about specialized equipment that requires specialized equipment. outlawing such items would leave them in the hands of criminals, but they would be in fewer criminal hands than before.

pretending that because a law doesn't prevent something 100% is a valid reason to oppose it is idiotic. why then would we have laws against anything?

You Communists claim that you don't oppose self-defense, but only want to save innocent lives. We see here that is a lie, that you expressly seek to stop people from defending themselves.

Body armor has no purpose other than defensive - you demand that peasants die without complaint.

Wow, so you seriously argued the police want the public not to have body armor so they can protect the public better? That is a seriously fucked up argument.

The Communists believe you have an obligation to die.. To defend oneself is "selfish." If a cop wants to kill you, then you must die without complaint.

i can grow pot in my back yard.
i cannot manufacture bullet proof vests in my basement.

If you keep the peasants anesthetized on dope, they will not resist when you decide to kill them?

Right now you could buy Kevlar and make body armor in your basement. No doubt the party seeks to restrict the sale of composite fabrics to ensure peasants are easily killed, but at the moment it wouldn't be hard.

If you keep the peasants anesthetized on dope, they will not resist when you decide to kill them?

Right now you could buy Kevlar and make body armor in your basement. No doubt the party seeks to restrict the sale of composite fabrics to ensure peasants are easily killed, but at the moment it wouldn't be hard.
which is why you see so many pintrest albums about homemade body armor.

the point was it's a manufactured good, not like most drugs, especially pot.

which is why you see so many pintrest albums about homemade body armor.

the point was it's a manufactured good, not like most drugs, especially pot.

Clearly you Communists oppose people having the right to defend themselves from death.

If a peasant is identified as an enemy of the party, and that peasant runs when DOJ and IRS agents come to kill him, should his family be killed as well as he to punish him for defending himself by running?

What is the party view on this?

It's good that the party is openly fighting against people having the right to basic defense of their own life - it makes it damned clear what the goal of the party is.

Forum List

Back