Democrat Wants to Ban Body Armor for the Public

do you have an actual response, or can you not see that allowing all tech to be purchased and used by the public essentially creates an arms race between the police and criminals?

You are spouting stupidity. The only appropriate response is to point out said stupidity.
so you do not believe that if all offensive and defensive tech are made available that an arms race will happen between police and criminals?
I hate to be the one to break it to you but ANY "tech" that is actually available anywhere in the world is available to criminals in the US and terrorists. They do not follow laws and smuggle in anything they need or want. All banning something does is ensure the people that follow laws will not have it. Something like about 2 percent of all cargo delivered to our ports is inspected. A nuclear war head could be smuggled in if anyone had one.
i never claimed that prohibiting something would equate to its elimination.
but if i can't own, sell, or buy something legally it'll be a hell of a lot more complicated and more expensive to get my hands on it - especially when we're talking about specialized equipment.
The ONLY people you discourage or prevent are Law ABIDING ones , what part of that do you fail to grasp?
It's a false premise.

scarcity in the marketplace, price, and illegality discourages everyone. perhaps not enough to dissuade everyone, but it does discourage people.

and let's not pretend we're talking about drugs or alcohol here - these are items that the average person can't grow in their backyard or brew in their basements. we're talking about specialized equipment that requires specialized equipment. outlawing such items would leave them in the hands of criminals, but they would be in fewer criminal hands than before.

pretending that because a law doesn't prevent something 100% is a valid reason to oppose it is idiotic. why then would we have laws against anything?

:lmao:

forced to buy one product and not allowed to buy another.

fucking leftist, hating freedom (openly) since 2008

When are the Leftists going to stay out of our wallet? They parade a woman around asking us to get her laid and they complain about everyone staying out of their bedroom. Stay out of our wallet?

scarcity in the marketplace, price, and illegality discourages everyone.

Said no criminal, ever.
some people just cant think.
above board or black market, it doesn't matter. scarcity means either the item will be too rare for anyone to get their hands on, or two expensive for some to possess.

further, making the item illegal means that some will be unwilling to buy, and some will be unwilling to sell.

I know a lot of Dems want to ban guns, but that isn't going far enough, according to some. Not only does the idea of people defending themselves from criminals disgust liberals, but now the thought of people protecting themselves seems to upset them. This guy doesn't want the public owning and wearing body armor. The excuse is that gangs of mass murderers would be protected from police gunfire, though that would be rare. For most people, wearing them while hunting or maybe walking through the Chicago would simply be a matter of safety.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/238450-content-restricting-gun-ownership-democrat-congressman-sponsors-bill-ban-body-armor/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Guns

Don't you feel safe knowing that if you get murdered some cops will come and at least file a report? Isn't that enough for you? What more do you expect?

it's just a general question - is some tech better suited out of the hands of the general public to give law enforcement an upper-hand?

No. Especially if it gives law enforcement (i.e. the government) an upper hand.
so you find that law enforcement should be less able to protect themselves than the general public?

What the fuck are you talking about? Me wearing body armor does not inhibit a police officer's ability to protect him/her self.
except making that available to everyone means that the police officers capabilities are lessened. they are relatively weaker, and thus their ability to protect the public has been compromised.
on the other side of that, if police are the only ones allowed to have body armor they are more capable than the public, and better able to protect them.

Wow, so you seriously argued the police want the public not to have body armor so they can protect the public better? That is a seriously fucked up argument.

How many people go around wearing body armor everyday?
I mean, you never know when that crap may hit the fan, so you have to wear it everyday????

Man, I think people have a right to do that if they want, but you either have to be in a pretty dangerous line of work or you're just paranoid.

I own TWO level IIA bulletproof vests......

One of them lives under my bed, in preparation for quick use during a potential home invasion situation. I can get it on in less than 15 seconds and it would provide much greater safety while having to clear my home than my normal bed attire.

The other one is part of the gear that I take with me to EVERY competitive pistol match that I shoot. It's main use is as protection when I am officiating matches, and therefore almost always within arms reach of a loaded gun. I also wear it when I am shooting on certain ranges due to what I consider poor range and stage design at certain facilities and matches.

The home body armor was suggested to me by self-defense trainer Massad Ayoob, who I used to have the pleasure of seeing several times a year. The range armor was my own choice after having a shooter turn almost fully around on me with a loaded .40 S&W pistol during an indoor match about 8 years ago. Still one of the scariest moments of my life. At that point I decided that I could no longer trust the shooters in general and bought the second set of armor.

I know a lot of Dems want to ban guns, but that isn't going far enough, according to some. Not only does the idea of people defending themselves from criminals disgust liberals, but now the thought of people protecting themselves seems to upset them. This guy doesn't want the public owning and wearing body armor. The excuse is that gangs of mass murderers would be protected from police gunfire, though that would be rare. For most people, wearing them while hunting or maybe walking through the Chicago would simply be a matter of safety.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/238450-content-restricting-gun-ownership-democrat-congressman-sponsors-bill-ban-body-armor/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Guns

Don't you feel safe knowing that if you get murdered some cops will come and at least file a report? Isn't that enough for you? What more do you expect?

On one hand, the left says that cops are racist and can't be trusted. On the other, they say cops are all we need for protection. I would think the left would at least want minorities to have body armor so those racist cops can't shoot them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Wow, so you seriously argued the police want the public not to have body armor so they can protect the public better? That is a seriously fucked up argument.

Don't protect yourself, we'll do it for you. We'll do a good job. We promise. Just be sure to call us at least 20 minutes prior to needing protection so that we can be sure to get there on time.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

above board or black market, it doesn't matter. scarcity means either the item will be too rare for anyone to get their hands on, or two expensive for some to possess.

further, making the item illegal means that some will be unwilling to buy, and some will be unwilling to sell.

Yes. They're called "law abiding citizens."

scarcity in the marketplace, price, and illegality discourages everyone.

Said no criminal, ever.

If you want to get in the running for dumbest usmber, you are on the right track

On one hand, the left says that cops are racist and can't be trusted. On the other, they say cops are all we need for protection. I would think the left would at least want minorities to have body armor so those racist cops can't shoot them.

Liberalism is a contradiction wrapped in a double standard inside a hypocrisy

Don't protect yourself, we'll do it for you. We'll do a good job. We promise. Just be sure to call us at least 20 minutes prior to needing protection so that we can be sure to get there on time.

Yes. I'm still not seeing the chain where an honest citizen wearing a vest creates risk to the police. Have you seen the leftists explain that one?

Leftists also are the ones who support it being a crime to film police because somehow that also endangers them. While they say the police are racists who are murdering people as you pointed out. The rest of us on the other hand actually support cops ... while wanting them to be accountable for their actions.

Forum List

Back