Democrat Sanctioned Racism

I went back and read your posts and replies. You are not 'unsure', 'willing to admit that there are usually good arguments on both sides', see any 'gray, nuance, complexity' on this issue.

You have taken a VERY partisan, binary, black/white stand on this issue.

You should join Harry on the shore issuing 'Passed' certificates to the ones who crawl out onto the bank.

Beware of the half-truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.
Seymour Essrog

I know, understand and appreciate the arguments on the other side of this issue. I believe there are many sincere, well-meaning people who disagree with me, and there are people who are not so sincere and well-meaning. And I am more than willing to acknowledge their validity. That doesn't mean I don't have a strong opinion on any given topic. What you didn't see me say, at any time, was what you said, such as...
  • What a pile of bullshit
  • That is a totally false premise
  • Continue to run with your ignorance
  • I was trying to educate you
... did you?

Don't you understand the difference? Is this really all that difficult?

I think you know the difference, but your partisan narcissism prohibits you from admitting it.

Oh, I'm so sorry. You're a victim. How mean of me...

How do you possibly get that out of what he said?

Oh, I'm so sorry. You're a victim. How mean of me...

I don't think he's trying to be a a victim, like much of the Democrat base. He's simply stating that you're ostentatious to put it mildly. I've often come across people that talk like Mac described, and when you call them on their rhetoric and show them that they don't know everything it shuts them up. But then there's those that try to muddle the facts and ignore their own shortcomings. They call them Progressives or Statists these days.

One of the primary reasons it's essentially impossible to have an honest, civil conversation with partisan ideologues. As much as I just love talking about myself, this thread ain't about me.

They want to argue about the reasons for all the "help" and "caring" they've been inflicting on blacks, and I want to argue about the effects. Which are pretty freakin' plain to see - divisions, hyphenations, animosities, anger, isolation. The "soft bigotry of reduced expectations".

Enough "help" and "caring" already, y'know?

Just what "help" and "caring" has caused "divisions, hyphenations, animosities, anger, isolation"?

Is it possible there is another "cause"?

I don't think he's trying to be a a victim, like much of the Democrat base. He's simply stating that you're ostentatious to put it mildly. I've often come across people that talk like Mac described, and when you call them on their rhetoric and show them that they don't know everything it shuts them up. But then there's those that try to muddle the facts and ignore their own shortcomings. They call them Progressives or Statists these days.

One of the primary reasons it's essentially impossible to have an honest, civil conversation with partisan ideologues. As much as I just love talking about myself, this thread ain't about me.

They want to argue about the reasons for all the "help" and "caring" they've been inflicting on blacks, and I want to argue about the effects. Which are pretty freakin' plain to see - divisions, hyphenations, animosities, anger, isolation. The "soft bigotry of reduced expectations".

Just what "help" and "caring" has caused "divisions, hyphenations, animosities, anger, isolation"?

Let's start with the victimization of blacks through the endless message they need the bar lowered and handouts because they can't make it on their own, and let's end with the destruction of any black who dares to speak out publicly that they are wrong, blacks can do it on their own.

Of course, the racism that still exists in the white community, and the bigotry being pushed within the black community.

Identity Politics, Political Correctness, and looking to a bunch of professional politicians and the federal bureucracy to fix cultural issues are playing a role in exacerbating an already bad situation. That's the "help" and "caring" to which I refer.

But I know you don't agree.

Of course, the racism that still exists in the white community, and the bigotry being pushed within the black community.

Identity Politics, Political Correctness, and looking to a bunch of professional politicians and the federal bureucracy to fix cultural issues are playing a role in exacerbating an already bad situation. That's the "help" and "caring" to which I refer.

You said: "I'm curious. I'm unsure about things. I struggle with issues because, unlike you, I know intellectually and I'm willing to admit that there are usually good arguments on both sides"

Were you ever "curious" why blacks almost unanimously cheered when OJ Simpson was found 'not guilty', even though they also believed he was guilty?

Let's start with the victimization of blacks through the endless message they need the bar lowered and handouts because they can't make it on their own, and let's end with the destruction of any black who dares to speak out publicly that they are wrong, blacks can do it on their own.

Examples?

Examples?

Cain, Thomas, Condie, Powell

Even liberal Democrats like Bill Cosby are heavily criticized when they say blacks need to have kids in marriage and take responsibility for their own future.

You said: "I'm curious. I'm unsure about things. I struggle with issues because, unlike you, I know intellectually and I'm willing to admit that there are usually good arguments on both sides"

Were you ever "curious" why blacks almost unanimously cheered when OJ Simpson was found 'not guilty', even though they also believed he was guilty?

No, not really. I think I understood/understand their behavior: It was a cultural issue, which is my whole point.

Last edited:

No, not really. I think I understood/understand their behavior: It was a cultural issue, which is my whole point.

Did you ever consider it might be pure unadulterated animosity and anger? OJ beat the system. The same system that takes "care" a black's head doesn't hit the door frame as they "help" them into the back of a squad car?

Did you ever consider it might be pure unadulterated animosity and anger? OJ beat the system. The same system that takes "care" a black's head doesn't hit the door frame as they "help" them into the back of a squad car?

Cliches are such a powerful argument. The system starts by communities taking care of themselves. Most black murder victims are murdered by blacks. Then when the cops arrive, nobody saw anything. Then they ask why the police don't protect them. There is clearly a wall, but the wall isn't just coming from whites. My father in law came to the US not speaking any English, and he died a wealthy man in the wealthy community of Potomac, Maryland. That blacks who are here can't do it is preposterous. Life isn't fair, that's true. But it's not fair to anyone. Successful people just work past it.

Cliches are such a powerful argument. The system starts by communities taking care of themselves. Most black murder victims are murdered by blacks. Then when the cops arrive, nobody saw anything. Then they ask why the police don't protect them. There is clearly a wall, but the wall isn't just coming from whites. My father in law came to the US not speaking any English, and he died a wealthy man in the wealthy community of Potomac, Maryland. That blacks who are here can't do it is preposterous. Life isn't fair, that's true. But it's not fair to anyone. Successful people just work past it.

Some black do 'do it'. To say they can't or won't is preposterous.

Anecdotal is not an argument, it is a story.

Preposterous:

Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession

Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession

In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic.

I didn't say that, stop with the stupid stuff.

It wasn't an argument, it was an example. So you're saying that blacks can't get ahead with hard work and by overcoming obstacles? If you're not, then you're just deflecting. If you are, then you're just sad.

Preposterous:

Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession

Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession

In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic.

Even if true, those stats leave oh so many apples to apples questions, far too many to draw a conclusion.

Last edited:

Examples?

Cain, Thomas, Condie, Powell

Even liberal Democrats like Bill Cosby are heavily criticized when they say blacks need to have kids in marriage and take responsibility for their own future.

Criticized by whom?

I didn't say that, stop with the stupid stuff.

It wasn't an argument, it was an example. So you're saying that blacks can't get ahead with hard work and by overcoming obstacles? If you're not, then you're just deflecting. If you are, then you're just sad.

Preposterous:

Even if true, those stats leave oh so many apples to apples questions, far too many to draw a conclusion.

Why can't any of you right wingers carry on a conversation without chopping up people's posts?

You start out talking about a wall between the black community and police, then you go off on a tangent with your anecdotal story. The fact your father in law couldn't speak English can be changed. The color of someone's skin can NOT.

Why is there a 'wall'? If you were stopped and harassed by police on a regular basis, would you trust the police?

Racial profiling is a practice that presents a great danger to the fundamental principles of our Constitution. Racial profiling disproportionately targets people of color for investigation and enforcement, alienating communities from law enforcement, hindering community policing efforts, and causing law enforcement to lose credibility and trust among the people they are sworn to protect and serve. We rely on the police to protect us from harm and to promote fairness and justice in our communities. The despicable practice of racial profiling, however, has led countless people to live in fear and created a system of law enforcement that casts entire communities as suspect.

I'm done with the race card. From this day forward I will ignore it. I will ignore Obama when he uses it, I'll ignore the media when they use, it has no power if you ignore it.

Well, I'm going to continue to call them out for using it. Back in the 80's everyone was affraid of calling out Sharptons and Jessie Jacksons because they would be called a racists. Now things have changed, expecially with the internet and social networking. More and more people are speaking the truth and in my opinion that's been healthy. I believe things are getting better, just not fast enough.

I'm done with the race card. From this day forward I will ignore it. I will ignore Obama when he uses it, I'll ignore the media when they use, it has no power if you ignore it.

I like the spirit, but you're wrong that it has no power if you ignore it. Particularly since the media is so far left. The left know that well, which is why they keep doing it. Republicans have been terrible at responding to these sorts of attacks, which is why the left keep doing it. The greatest example is W's failure to respond to what the left said. How'd that work out for him?

Well, I'm going to continue to call them out for using it. Back in the 80's everyone was affraid of calling out Sharptons and Jessie Jacksons because they would be called a racists. Now things have changed, expecially with the internet and social networking. More and more people are speaking the truth and in my opinion that's been healthy. I believe things are getting better, just not fast enough.
Dead on!

Forum List

Back