Democrat Pledge

I pledge to not oppose the Majority

• Total voters
Compromise doesn't mean the Republicans have to do what the Dems want, even if a Dem is the President. Last I checked, the only input he has is actually signing laws passed by the House and Senate. Silly Republicans, thinking they even have a voice in any matter, how could they.......wait, "What difference does it make"?

The Republicans want compromise? :lol::lol::lol:

:thewave:

And here we thought many of them promised NOT to compromise on efforts to defund/kill off Obamacare. :eusa_whistle:

I see that the hypocrisy is complete.

Only two had the fortitude to actually admit they were hypocrites.

The rest have done so by remaining silent in the face of their demands that the minority (The House) must abide by the will of the majority.

Every person of honest beliefs can now use this thread as an example of the duplicitous nature of the leftward establishment of the USMB.

Leftward? :cuckoo:

Nobody has to "work" with the House. The House is one of the two houses of Congress and it has to "work" with the Senate. That means sending up bills that have a hope of passing rather than wasting everyones time with 40 bills to repeal Obamacare

They also have to "work" with the White House to pass legislation that has a chance of becoming law

But, but, but since 2010 Tea Party favorites have promised and pledged NOT to work with Pelosi, Reed, and Obama. :eusa_shifty:

No they didn't. They would have worked with President Obama on cuts to taxes and spending.

President Obama chose to raise taxes and overspend, again, and again and... well you get the drift.

Obama_superman_awesome.jpg

:D

Indeed. You've revealed yourself as a complete hypocrite, demanding things of the Democrats you won't pledge yourself.

Was that your intent, to reveal yourself as a hypocrite? Or was that just an amusing side effect of your deranged partisan hackery and all-around detachment from reality?

Either way, enjoy your well-earned laughingstock status.

Nobody has to "work" with the House. The House is one of the two houses of Congress and it has to "work" with the Senate. That means sending up bills that have a hope of passing rather than wasting everyones time with 40 bills to repeal Obamacare

They also have to "work" with the White House to pass legislation that has a chance of becoming law

But, but, but since 2010 Tea Party favorites have promised and pledged NOT to work with Pelosi, Reed, and Obama. :eusa_shifty:

No they didn't. They would have worked with President Obama on cuts to taxes and spending.

President Obama chose to raise taxes and overspend, again, and again and... well you get the drift.

[IMGttp://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/3/37/Obama_superman_awesome.jpg[/IMG]

Republicans promised to cooperate on compromise with Obama? Where, when, who? :rofl:

This thread is one more great example of how frantic the Right has become.

Now - since they're increasingly accepting the fact that conservatives are a permanent minority -

they're at the point where they simply want an upside down system of government where the minority rules.

[IMGttp://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/3/37/Obama_superman_awesome.jpg[/IMG]

Republicans promised to cooperate on compromise with Obama? Where, when, who? :rofl:

:eusa_eh:

Whenever the Republicans talked about cutting taxes and reducing spending of course. They were keeping their promise and they still are keeping it but President Obama wants to hear nothing but Tax and Spend.

But you know that refrain :) You're just angry because it's being held up and might be held up until it gets slashed and no entitlements for Dante.

Sweet!

:cool:

Indeed. You've revealed yourself as a complete hypocrite, demanding things of the Democrats you won't pledge yourself.

Was that your intent, to reveal yourself as a hypocrite? Or was that just an amusing side effect of your deranged partisan hackery and all-around detachment from reality?

Partisan BS.

I have never taken the position that the majority can dictate what can and cannot be placed in legislation.

Epic failure on your part.

However, your partisanship shows that you wish to demand of the GOP House that they pass legislation acceptable to the Democrats in the WH and Senate, but will NOT take the same stand when the party in power is not your party.

Hypocrite? Look in the mirror.

With every bill that they pass. They have compromised each time.

This latest legislation gives the Democrats over 99% of the spending they wish. Where is the compromise by Obama and Reid?

With every bill that they pass. They have compromised each time.

This latest legislation gives the Democrats over 99% of the spending they wish. Where is the compromise by Obama and Reid?

It's hard to make them believe the Republicans are compromising and giving the Dems most of what they want when the MSM, CNN and MSNBC are filling their heads with lies and deception. There is no integrity in journalism any more, reporters lie, make stuff up and the Obamaites believe it.

Of course we can't do anything for the good of the people. Government and handouts must come FIRST! Just ask Diane Sawyer or George Stephanopolous.

Last edited:
I have never taken the position that the majority can dictate what can and cannot be placed in legislation.

Quit evading the topic.

If you're not a stinking hypocrite, then immediately pledge that you renounce all current Republican minority attempts to oppose the majority.

After all, that's the equivalent of what you're now demanding of the Democrats. Thus, if you won't take the pledge, you are clearly a hypocrite, and everyone will laugh at you for being such a hypocrite.

So, are you taking that pledge?

Now, me, I pledge to oppose any future Democratic hostage-taking attempts. Which makes me completely consistent. I've never said the Republicans can't oppose legislation; I just say they can't take hostages.

Since when does the word of a dimocrap mean anything?

A nice thought, but you must have forgotten who you're dealing with

Partisan BS.

Epic failure on your part.

However, your partisanship shows that you wish to demand of the GOP House that they pass legislation acceptable to the Democrats in the WH and Senate, but will NOT take the same stand when the party in power is not your party.

Hypocrite? Look in the mirror.

Boehner won't allow a vote on the Senate funding bill.

This poll is a means by which you, and other assorted progressives and leftists, will pledge an oath that if the White House is won by the GOP in 2016, and that they manage to hold onto the House of Representatives, that the Senate will then be obligated to accept legislation that is passed by the majority.

Not much need for this pledge. Unlike the GOP, most Democrats aren't assholes.
Unsurprisingly, Republican lawmakers interviewed by POLITICO didn’t talk about hosting educational events or town halls to advertise the benefits as many Democrats plan to do. They won’t do anything that proactive. But they aren’t going to slam down the phone if a constituent wants to know how to get to the right website or phone number. They’ll help, just like they do when constituents ask about Social Security or Medicare.

It’s a far more muted approach than the one Democrats took in 2006, when the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit kicked in with a dizzying menu of choices that confused seniors. Many Democrats who opposed the Medicare law enacted under former President George W. Bush left their political sentiments in Washington and went back home to teach their constituents about the benefits, which include subsidies for low-income seniors.

OMG

I almost spit my coffee out.

Comedy Central around here

Quit evading the topic.

If you're not a stinking hypocrite, then immediately pledge that you renounce all current Republican minority attempts to oppose the majority.

After all, that's the equivalent of what you're now demanding of the Democrats. Thus, if you won't take the pledge, you are clearly a hypocrite, and everyone will laugh at you for being such a hypocrite.

So, are you taking that pledge?

Now, me, I pledge to oppose any future Democratic hostage-taking attempts. Which makes me completely consistent. I've never said the Republicans can't oppose legislation; I just say they can't take hostages.

This thread was just a way for a rightwinger to admit defeat without actually saying it in so many words.

Last edited:
At one point, the Stuttering Clusterfuck's approval rating (Gallup) had sunk to 39%; which is remarkably low for a newly re-elected president in the first 7 Months of his term.

Even Bush averaged close to 50% approval in the first year of his 2nd term and that was with the economy starting to show signs of a decline.

the Stuttering Clusterfuck has a lot to worry about. A LOT.

If he lets the Government get shut down (actually HE would be the one shutting it down) then he's done as a 2nd term president.

He's almost done now but nobody has bother to tell him yet.

dimocraps think they can play this one and let the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM do their dirty work for them and lie their knob-slurping, sycophant asses off for dimocraps (as usual) but I don't think it sticks to Republicans this time.

We'll get hurt. No doubt about it.

Bit dimocraps get hammered. Bad.

Just my $.02, but I think the Stuttering Clusterfuck and dimocraps in general are worried that Republicans will shut 'er down.

The Mid-Terms are over a year away and that's a lifetime in politics. But the stench of a shutdown will stick to dimocraps more than it will to Republicans.

Like I said, Just MO.

Me?

Let 'er rip. Shut the bitch down. Who rrelies on government more, Republicans or dimocraps? Who gets hurt worse, dimocraps or Republicans?

Who will be more pissed? Who will blame their elected Representatives that they voted for and risked going to prison to vote for for three and four times?

Who will lose their collective minds?

Not us. We couldn't care less. Government gets shut down? Who cares.

I hope it does get shut down just so I can watch dimocraps do their 'monkey dance'.

THAT will be fun to watch :lmao:

Last edited:

The House works for their constituents, not the Senate and the White House.

What's so hard to understand? The left believes that the job of the House is to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda.

I agree. If it is shut down maybe the uninspired freeloaders of society will get off their ass and find a job. Oh, wait.... Obama's legacy is that of a job killer.

This is wealth redistribution plain and simple

Why people want the government controlling their whole lives is mind boggling.

But they are dumb liberals so..

-Geaux

What's so hard to understand? The left believes that the job of the House is to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda.

It's the Houses job to use the power of the purse they have been given

-Geaux

It's the Houses job to use the power of the purse they have been given

-Geaux
Not according to Democrats. They believe the House should compromise -- or, as normal people define it, "STFU and do what you're told".

Forum List

Back