Democrat foreign policy

Yes, we do disagree on this and that is fine as you seem informed. It's not as if we do not have military presense on foreign soil. But, if silos are the concern we certainly can look into non-silo based interceptors. They would need radar to go with them.

I'm not saying this needs to be all our way when it comes to the Russians, but it does not need to be all the Russians' way either, especially when the Russians' whine is based on facts not in evidence. Compromise is not off the table, but now it is. I don't like wasted opportunities and that's how I view this capitulation.

But, what bothers me the most is the rhetoric associated with this issue. Most of the press on this is beyond incomplete - it's been grossly inaccurate - and most public opinion has been based on nothing of substance. The misinformation is staggering to me. I respect your view as you have an informed view, though.

Silos are just the latest thing. While I am no Ron Paul supporter, I believe some of his ideas on how much money we spend to keep our military presence on foreign soil have some merit. Since we are arguably the richest nation in the world, and yet still have people (including many veterans) sleeping in our streets and we can't afford to provide adequate healthcare for all of our own citizens, how can we afford the amount of money we spend to keep our military presence in all of these foreign countries, if our only priority is to keep the USA safe?
Certainly reasonable questions, but I believe the fundamental differences between some is what spending gets priority. We always have to prioritize spending with limited resources. So, different opinions on what are priorities. C'est le piment de la vie.

I hear ya and know you are correct. However, from one blogger to another, do you believe our priorities are in the right place?

OBAMA KILLS MISSILE DEFENSE FOR POLAND, CZECH......Obama phones Czech PM on missile defense decision - Yahoo! News This country and the world can not with stand another Democrat in the White House:cuckoo::cuckoo::evil:

The US has NO AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER to defend Poland, Czechoslovakia, Israel.......

NONE.

.:eek:

Men like you that have NO HONOR ignore treaties:evil::evil:

Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations – entangling alliances with none." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Silos are just the latest thing. While I am no Ron Paul supporter, I believe some of his ideas on how much money we spend to keep our military presence on foreign soil have some merit. Since we are arguably the richest nation in the world, and yet still have people (including many veterans) sleeping in our streets and we can't afford to provide adequate healthcare for all of our own citizens, how can we afford the amount of money we spend to keep our military presence in all of these foreign countries, if our only priority is to keep the USA safe?
Certainly reasonable questions, but I believe the fundamental differences between some is what spending gets priority. We always have to prioritize spending with limited resources. So, different opinions on what are priorities. C'est le piment de la vie.

I hear ya and know you are correct. However, from one blogger to another, do you believe our priorities are in the right place?
I will always put IC and DoD budgets at the top of my priority list with the caveat that there is an active effort to control waste. So, spending on healthcare as proposed, is not at all a priority of mine. It would rank up there if I believed that there was an effort for true reform - meaning trim out the waste on defensive medicine (and high malpractice costs). I don't get that impression, though.

Short answer - defense is likely my No. 1 priority but true healthcare would rank up there, perhaps even second or third. All with the caveat that all are effective spending.

edit: LOL. Hey, I don't blog!

Last edited:
The only people bemoaning the death of this boondoogle are the war profiteers and those they have duped into a perpetual state of terror so they can continue to profit from redundant, exhorbitant, and unnecessary crap.

I will always put IC and DoD budgets at the top of my priority list with the caveat that there is an active effort to control waste. So, spending on healthcare as proposed, is not at all a priority of mine. It would rank up there if I believed that there was an effort for true reform - meaning trim out the waste on defensive medicine (and high malpractice costs). I don't get that impression, though.

Short answer - defense is likely my No. 1 priority but true healthcare would rank up there, perhaps even second or third. All with the caveat that all are effective spending.

While I know that defense is a big deal because we have managed to make many enemies in this world, I find it sad that so many of our own citizens place it as their number one priority. I wonder (just thinking out loud here), if the poorest of our citizens and the ones without basic necessities such as healthcare, rank defense as their number one priority as well?

EDIT: OMFG!! I SO sound like a bleeding heart liberal these days. My father would be ashamed!

Look it's real simple...Hopey Changey sold out a couple of our allies over there for possible Russian support on sanctions against Iran. It's sad but it is what it is. The saddest thing is that i doubt Russia will actually follow through and support tough sanctions on Iran. This is clearly a Win/Win for Russia. Hopey Changey gets a D- or F grade from me on his Foreign Policy. His Foreign Policy is convoluted & muddled at best. He has given several bizarre speeches where in some he actually says "Victory is not the goal in Afghanistan." Say Whaaat?? I'm still not sure what he meant by that and i'm sure our kids serving over there don't either. Most people are just disappointed and pretty confused in regards to Hopey Changey's Foreign Policy so far.

While I know that defense is a big deal because we have managed to make many enemies in this world, I find it sad that so many of our own citizens place it as their number one priority. I wonder (just thinking out loud here), if the poorest of our citizens and the ones without basic necessities such as healthcare, rank defense as their number one priority as well?

EDIT: OMFG!! I SO sound like a bleeding heart liberal these days. My father would be ashamed!
LMAO. I come from a mixed family, too.

They probably wouldn't. As I was just telling another, I do view some social programs as necessary in our society - necessary in a compasionate sense (makes me an enemy of cons to say that) but also, and more importantly, necessary in the economic sense. With basics provided, we have less economic headaches, however to what extent those basics are granted needs to be balanced with the economy. Again, when I see our policy makers working together to find a solution that is not wasteful (I forgot to tell you that I am a pathetic optimist as well), I will support such a plan.

He just sold out a couple of allies to get Russian support for sanctions against Iran. Now the countdown is on for the Russians to back out of that deal. This really is a Win/Win for Russia. Got one by the Rookie it looks like. :(

a massively expensive and redundant project that unecessarily antagonized the russians .... what's not to love?
Redundant? How so?
already covered Si
Really? Then show me where these existing mid-range systems are mentioned. Thanks.
Your insistence that I re-type my posts over and over again is just too boring for words.
See, the funny thing is, you can't point out where that redundant system is as there is no existing mid-range system. For a system to be redundant, it must perform the same function. You have nothing and your claim of a redundant system is as solid as a pillar of sand until you do support that claim.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Am having a wonderful day - hope you are too.

but redundant posts and redundant systems aren't the answer.
Still nothing to support you claim that it is redundant, I see. That makes your claim nothing but cheap talk and as such, worthy of dismissal.

Saying a falsehood again makes it no less false than the first time you said it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back