Democrat foreign policy

Taking a "Holy Shit! We are all gonna die" approach is equally unwise. So tell me, the most recent threats against the US came in the form of domestic aircraft. How would this missile defense shield have protected us against them if it was actually functional?

Why do you think the next threat will come from terrorists hijacking airliners? It is far more likely it will come from either N.Korea or Iran. Evaluating likely threats and taking appropriate preventive action is the job of the president. A job that is woefully beyond the capability of the current incumbent.

I don't think that. Is your problem a reading one or a comprehension one?

House Bill 3400 - sponsored by Dennis Kucinich was a bill to fund inftrastructure improvements proposed by state aned local governments. Are you suggesting THAT bill meets the goals of healthcare reform?

no evidence to suggest that Iran has long-range abilities anywhere in there future - like building an air conditioner in antarctica "just in case" - it was a foolish waste of money and Bush alienated most of the world by bull-headedly hammering it through.

Good riddance - yet another good call from Obama

BTW OZZ - you come up with that section of the constitution pertaining to defense of foriegn lands yet ????
Not now, but they are developing and making good progress. Taking an ostriche apporach to that is not wise.

Taking a "Holy Shit! We are all gonna die" approach is equally unwise. So tell me, the most recent threats against the US came in the form of domestic aircraft. How would this missile defense shield have protected us against them if it was actually functional?
You're asking about one type of threat in the context of another. I don't understand why that would be relevant.

The tanks rolled into Georgia because of a series of events that were spurred by this foolish proposal and the rejection of the Russians offer to participate. Bush was rattling their cage cold war style and courting Poland for NATO membership - sort of like Russia courting Mexico for the Warsaw Pact.

The Polish folks paid the price for Bush's idiocy - Obama is doing what he does - mending fences and finding common ground

Just last year----Russian tanks moving deeper into Georgia .........Georgia: Russian tanks moving deeper into Georgia - AP Online | Encyclopedia.com but the cold war is over

Did not that nut in Georgia attack Russian troops in South Ossetia? Yes He DID!! YES HE DID!! And there was a treaty allowing the Russian to keep troops in South Ossetia.

I am surprised he is still breathing! That Dumb ass. "The weak cannot compete against the strong" is a saying older than Christianity itself, but McCain's little buddy wanted to test it.

The tanks rolled into Georgia because of a series of events that were spurred by this foolish proposal and the rejection of the Russians offer to participate. Bush was rattling their cage cold war style and courting Poland for NATO membership - sort of like Russia courting Mexico for the Warsaw Pact.

The Polish folks paid the price for Bush's idiocy - Obama is doing what he does - mending fences and finding common ground

:cuckoo:

Not now, but they are developing and making good progress. Taking an ostriche apporach to that is not wise.

You're asking about one type of threat in the context of another. I don't understand why that would be relevant.

Because the threat from domestic aircraft happened and we KNOW it is REAL. The threat you are concerned about MIGHT happen SOME DAY. Why are we investing in defense systems that could help us out with a possible attack, yet we have no real defense mechanism in place to defend against REAL attacks?

yeah ozz - a cute little emoticon is ALWAYS a legitimate substitute for a real rebuttal, huh?

Got that section of the constitution yet for me?????????

How are the Polish paying a price?? There is nothing punishing them.. Eastern Europe just have a very long term rivary with the Russians. In fact, the Polish occupied Russian lands long before the Russians occupied Poland.

I do not take the Polish claims of fears about Russia too seriously. The Polish just wish to bring the Russians to their knees, that is all.

:cuckoo:

In other words....nodog is right and ozz knows it, so he throws in a cute little emoticon...good show!:clap2:

Why do you think the next threat will come from terrorists hijacking airliners? It is far more likely it will come from either N.Korea or Iran. Evaluating likely threats and taking appropriate preventive action is the job of the president. A job that is woefully beyond the capability of the current incumbent.

My problem is expecting a reasonable answer from people incapable of providing it.
If you dont think that then why did you ask that asinine question?

How did the Poles pay a price? What fences needed mending with respect to this shield?

My problem is expecting a reasonable answer from people incapable of providing it.
If you dont think that then why did you ask that asinine question?

OK...so it IS a comprehension problem. Please refer to my post #69.

Last edited:
no evidence to suggest that Iran has long-range abilities anywhere in there future - like building an air conditioner in antarctica "just in case" - it was a foolish waste of money and Bush alienated most of the world by bull-headedly hammering it through.

BTW OZZ - you come up with that section of the constitution pertaining to defense of foriegn lands yet ????

sigh.... alienating most of the world geesh if you mean the countries that were steeped in corruption of the food for oil scam yes I am glad he alienated those countries, why were they so angry about Iraq? because they were no longer getting the bids from the UN on 5$ to 10$ barrels of oil...all on the backs of the US soldiers there during operation southern and northern watch.

and if you change policy and get nothing in return it is a failure. russia does not want a missile defence in poland or czech but those countries do. but Russia will continue to do what it wants and now and now they have more sway in erupe because they are monopolizing energy. to withdraw from that area is foolish on the assumption if we do this you will not sell weapons to Iran or supply them oil/gas. Obama is backing us into a corner with no barganing chips. are you all blind to this, meanwhile we bicker over health care reform and money for tit and tat. big deals are in play that can and will affect us in the future.

sigh.... alienating most of the world geesh if you mean the countries that were steeped in corruption of the food for oil scam yes I am glad he alienated those countries, why were they so angry about Iraq? because they were no longer getting the bids from the UN on 5$ to 10$ barrels of oil...all on the backs of the US soldiers there during operation southern and northern watch.

and if you change policy and get nothing in return it is a failure. russia does not want a missile defence in poland or czech but those countries do. but Russia will continue to do what it wants and now and now they have more sway in erupe because they are monopolizing energy. to withdraw from that area is foolish on the assumption if we do this you will not sell weapons to Iran or supply them oil/gas. Obama is backing us into a corner with no barganing chips. are you all blind to this, meanwhile we bicker over health care reform and money for tit and tat. big deals are in play that can and will affect us in the future.

Are you saying that trying to ensure adequate healthcare for all of our OWN citizens is not a big deal????

How did the Poles pay a price? What fences needed mending with respect to this shield?

The Poles paid a price with thousands of victims and tens of thousands of regugees.
The fences that need mending are the relations between the U.S. and Russia, the U.S. and Poland, and between the Poles and the Russians.

Forum List

Back