Democrat Congresscritter: Harvey Weinstein’s Victims Also To Blame Because Of How They Dress

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Nothing to see here, move along.

When the accusations leveled against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein came to light, U.S. Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson says she was angry and disappointed in the man who supported many of her Democratic colleagues in D.C.

She also believes women bear as much responsibility for preventing sexual harassment and assault.

“I grew up in a time when it was as much the woman’s responsibility as it was a man’s — how you were dressed, what your behavior was,” said Johnson, who represents Texas’ 30th Congressional District. “I’m from the old school that you can have behaviors that appear to be inviting. It can be interpreted as such. That’s the responsibility, I think, of the female. I think that males have a responsibility to be professional themselves.”

TX Congresswoman Weighs in on Harvey Weinstein Controversy

When the accusations leveled against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein came to light, U.S. Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson says she was angry and disappointed in the man who supported many of her Democratic colleagues in D.C.

She also believes women bear as much responsibility for preventing sexual harassment and assault.

“I grew up in a time when it was as much the woman’s responsibility as it was a man’s — how you were dressed, what your behavior was,” said Johnson, who represents Texas’ 30th Congressional District. “I’m from the old school that you can have behaviors that appear to be inviting. It can be interpreted as such. That’s the responsibility, I think, of the female. I think that males have a responsibility to be professional themselves.”

Perhaps she DID grow up in such a time....and those times were WRONG.

Good to see women's rights groups go after her.
Oh wait, none of them are. They are all silent.

You'd almost think women's rights groups are not about women's rights but just a department of the DNC......

Once again, the party of "women's rights" shows its true colors.

I saw the Entertainment Tonight show earlier this week and I believe that it was either Jennifer Lawrence or Resse Witherspoon who said on there that when they were assaulted/harassed, they were in normal clothing...so I guess that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what a woman has on.

God bless you and every victim always!!!

Holly

You'd almost think women's rights groups are not about women's rights but just a department of the DNC......
"Good to see women's rights groups go after her. "

And to which women's groups, specifically, are you referring? haha, just kidding, you couldn't name a single one if your life depended on it. Nonsense, garbage troll post.

Once again, the party of "women's rights" shows its true colors.
"Once again, the party of "women's rights" shows its true colors."

By immediately criticizing her comments, forcing her to walk them back. yes, you are correct, the party of women's rights DID show their true colors. As did all of you pigs, who didn't bother to disagree with anything she said, but instead tried to make flimsy little "hypocrisy" points.

How do you know that? Do you follow women's rights groups? Personally, Weinstein is a pig.....hopefully an imprisoned pig soon....and the Congresswomen should stop talking about the past as if it's some kind of excuse.

Forum List

Back