CitizenPained

Dissident-Jude
Jul 10, 2011
Denver
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/30/world/middleeast/30egypt.html?_r=1

30egypt-articleLarge.jpg

Anyone miss Mubarak yet?

Anyone miss Mubarak yet?

Democracy shouldn't be interfered with. Maybe if we respected them a little more, and listened to their concerns, they wouldn't hate us so much. :eusa_whistle: And isn't it just a bit selfish to think that the Egyptian people shouldn't be allowed to elect whomever the hell they chose just because their beliefs don't coincide with ours? I mean, if that's the case, well...we should just stop believing in the First Amendment, shouldn't we? :lol: Or are you one of those people who believes that the principles of the Constitution only apply to Americans?

On a side note: This whole 15 post thing is annoying...

Egypt is about to turn into an Islamic totalitarian state. You understand that people are still being arrested and tried for the most bullshit crimes, right?

This is not a good thing.

Egypt is about to turn into an Islamic totalitarian state. You understand that people are still being arrested and tried for the most bullshit crimes, right?

I'm not sure that US interference will make the situation any better, and ultimately, a country has to go through struggles in order to set itself up and become the country it was meant to be. Certainly no country imposed it's will on the US after it gained independence, we can hope for the best, but interfering is not the way to go. I like to believe that people are capable of governing themselves, and that ultimately all humans want the same thing.

If this is what the people of Egypt want, this is what the people of Egypt want. If they want an Islamic state, why should another nation interfere in it?

Not everybody likes democracy, and you can't go and force other countries to use your type of government.

Just let soverign nations do what they want.

Is anyone really surprised?

Arabs have been and always will be a barbaric people, it is their nature.

Is anyone really surprised?

Arabs have been and always will be a barbaric people, it is their nature.

So true, that's why we killed thousands of Iraqi's for their oil, supported Mubarak's oppresion of his people for Israel, and pay for Israel's illegal occupation of Palestinians, not to meantion kill Libyans for... Well I'm not sure why NATO is involved.

What makes Arabs barbaric by nature?

I know that you are Jewish.

So when you say that it is not a good thing.

Do you mean not good for the United States or Israel ?

It's not good because this government won't be Israel's BFF in the Middle East.

Mubarak was a dictator supported by Israel and the US because he wouldn't attack Israel and help blockade the Gazans.

See though, the same thing CitizenPained complained about in that post also happened during Mubaraks time, but because he was Israel's ally nobody complained. NOW however, it's not a good thing because an Islamic state will not help Israel supress the Gazans (Egypts Muslim brothers and sisters, and of course the Christian Gazans).

Once Mubarak was removed, the border with Gaza was opened to allow people through.

Mubarak was a dictator supported by Israel and the US because he wouldn't attack Israel and help blockade the Gazans.

See though, the same thing CitizenPained complained about in that post also happened during Mubaraks time, but because he was Israel's ally nobody complained. NOW however, it's not a good thing because an Islamic state will not help Israel supress the Gazans (Egypts Muslim brothers and sisters, and of course the Christian Gazans).

Once Mubarak was removed, the border with Gaza was opened to allow people through.

I guess if Egypt wants nukes aimed at it again, this could all work out. :/

No, seriously - Egypt does not want Gaza. It has REFUSED Gaza many times when Israel pleaded for it to take the cesspool. Maybe things will change now, I donno. I'd like Gaza to be part of Egypt, actually. It's best for everyone.

My point, really, was that new democracies are always the most unstable, and this could turn out very badly.

For anyone, but for Egypt, really. Unless of course you are the Muslim Brotherhood...but as far as democracy goes, I'm not sure the new government will be that much better than the old.

No, seriously - Egypt does not want Gaza. It has REFUSED Gaza many times when Israel pleaded for it to take the cesspool. Maybe things will change now, I donno. I'd like Gaza to be part of Egypt, actually. It's best for everyone.

My point, really, was that new democracies are always the most unstable, and this could turn out very badly.

I wasn't saying Gaza should be a part of Egypt, I'm saying without Mubarak Egypt has already started supporting the Palestinians first from opening their boarder and not to meantion hosting the peace talks between Hamas and the PA. Two things that never happened while Mubarak was treating his own people and the Palestinians like crap.

Gaza is a part of Palestine.

For your last part, maybe this is why majority of Egyptians want an Islamic state ;)

Islamic state. What does that mean?

Palestine is an Islamic state. It says so right in their constitution. But, women drive around in their cars with their hair in the breeze.Yes even in Gaza.

There are equal rights for all. The mayor of Ramallah is a Christian woman. There are Christians and women throughout the government. One Christian won his seat in the PLC running on the Hamas ticket.

Just saying "Islamic state" has no real meaning.

I wasn't saying Gaza should be a part of Egypt, I'm saying without Mubarak Egypt has already started supporting the Palestinians first from opening their boarder and not to meantion hosting the peace talks between Hamas and the PA. Two things that never happened while Mubarak was treating his own people and the Palestinians like crap.

Gaza is a part of Palestine.

For your last part, maybe this is why majority of Egyptians want an Islamic state ;)

Gaza used to be controlled by Egypt. Many Palestinians are Egyptian, eg., Arafat. Are you not aware of history or...?

Palestine is an Islamic state. It says so right in their constitution. But, women drive around in their cars with their hair in the breeze.Yes even in Gaza.

There are equal rights for all. The mayor of Ramallah is a Christian woman. There are Christians and women throughout the government. One Christian won his seat in the PLC running on the Hamas ticket.

Except Palestine is not a state. It's an idea.

"There are equal rights for all..." Yeah. Just not women, Jews, and gays.

http://www.onefamilyfund.org/Portal...1217_Yeshiva_Mar6/bullet_glass_body_Small.jpg

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Palestinian gays flee to Israel

Except Palestine is not a state. It's an idea.

"There are equal rights for all..." Yeah. Just not women, Jews, and gays.

http://www.onefamilyfund.org/Portal...1217_Yeshiva_Mar6/bullet_glass_body_Small.jpg

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Palestinian gays flee to Israel

Are there any gender or religious specific laws in Palestine? If so, what are they?

Gay Palestinians say they are mainly persecuted at home because of religious attitudes. Many Muslims claim that homosexuality is strictly against the Koran.

It says the same thing in the Bible and fundamentalists take that seriously.

Wasn't a gay man dragged to death behind a pickup truck in Texas. There are many more incidents right here in the US.

Are there any gender or religious specific laws in Palestine?

Does Palestine even exist? Turns out, no.

Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire...
Palestine did not exist in the geographical imagination of the Ottomans...[Before modern Israel], Jews referred to the territory as Eretz Yisrael, the land of Israel. Throughout the Ottoman period, pilgrims and clergy from both religious traditions visited what they considered the "Holy Land" following a route from the port of Jaffa to Jerusalem.

Wasn't a gay man dragged to death behind a pickup truck in Texas. There are many more incidents right here in the US.

Sharia law permits a Muslim to strike a disobedient Muslima. Can you cite for us where striking a woman is permitted in American law?

Forum List

Back