Democracy In Egypt Is Bad For The United States

Somebody needs to explain to me why there are so many dictators in the Middle East

Because representational governments are a realtively new development and authoritarian societies (those with strong authoritarians religions underpinning them) can be extrmely difficult to dislodge?

I mean, seriously...somebody really had to tell you that?

I think you probably already knew that.

When Europe was shuffling off it's monarchies, it too had to surpress its authoritarian religiously based society...it had to fight off the CHURCH OF ROME and then it had to fight off the Monarchs (who claimed their authority via the CHURCH) too.

Only instead of having to get rid of authoritarian Islam, we had to fight off authoritarian Christianity.

Seriously...you guy don't already know this?

You don't know the history of the Reformation and the huge number of times Christians (like the Albegensians and the Hussites) tried and failed to reform their society by changing the relationship between the Chirch of Rome and their own Monarchs?

You guys really need to get a handle on history.

You cannot understand the world you live in today if you don't have a clue how we got here, today.

I don't care how much money you make, how clever you are about thing technical, understanding the world you live in requires that you have at least a passing understanding of the world as it was.

I cannot figure out the menality of someone who equates taking away your right to kill the unborn or bugger your buddy in the keister with suicide bombers and Sharia Law that makes it legal to slowly saw your head off for being a Jew, an Apostate, or an infidel. Where does this insanity come from?

I know. Our educational system.

I should know. I studied at one of the most liberal universities in the country.

I cannot understand being an American who hates the principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution as some clearly reveal in this thread. Yes, the Muslims have every much right to God-given natural rights as Americans. Do deny that is to hate God.

I cannot understand being an American who hates the principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution as some clearly reveal in this thread. Yes, the Muslims have every much right to God-given natural rights as Americans. Do deny that is to hate God.

Yes that's true, look at what the Nazi chose as a government. Should we have stopped them or should we have let them run their own country? Look at what the Japanese did the Chinese. Look at what the Arabia’s did to Israel when they first became a nation.

So Egyptians are Americans now

You are one silly nut-job

Mud, the Egyptians have the same god-given rights as Americans. Go read the Declaration. You truly have no business telling others how to vote when you are as morally corrupt as you have demonstrated in this thread.

Yes that's true, look at what the Nazi chose as a government. Should we have stopped them or should we have let them run their own country? Look at what the Japanese did the Chinese. Look at what the Arabia’s did to Israel when they first became a nation.

Nobody stopped them running their own countries until they invaded someone else's.
Except for Israel of course, who have been allowed to annex neighbouring territory with impunity.

idb, the Israelis knocked the crap out of the Arabs four times running, even when the Arabs sneak attacked. The fact is that armies of Arabs of any nation are laughing stock, period. They cry now because they got the stuffing beat out of them before. Get over it!

I note also in your reply above that bigreb continues to reveal his hatred of the principles of the Declaration and the Constitution also. The reasons the Germans ran wild was that the Allies French let them violate the Versailles Peace Treaty in 1934 with a increase of three times the allowed size of its army and the remilitarization of the Rhineland in 1936. There was no need to overthrow democratic elections in Germany, only the need to resist Hitler internationally.

I will note that bigreb, in all of his posturing on the Board, has a deep fondness for policies of Hitler, particularly on issues of race.

Last edited:
idb, the Israelis knocked the crap out of the Arabs four times running, even when the Arabs sneak attacked. The fact is that armies of Arabs of any nation are laughing stock, period. They cry now because they got the stuffing beat out of them before. Get over it!

I note also in your reply above that bigreb continues to reveal his hatred of the principles of the Declaration and the Constitution also. The reasons the Germans ran wild was that the Allies French let them violate the Versailles Peace Treaty in 1934 with a increase of three times the allowed size of its army and the remilitarization of the Rhineland in 1936. There was no need to overthrow democratic elections in Germany, only the need to resist Hitler internationally.

I will note that bigreb, in all of his posturing on the Board, has a deep fondness for policies of Hitler, particularly on issues of race.

My reply to bigrednec was against his assertion that the West stepped in and sorted out delinquent Japanese and German governments.
I simply pointed out that nothing was actually done until they went outside their own boundaries.

I think we could argue all day about the rights and wrongs of Israeli/Arab modern history.
While I don't condone any attacks by either side, Jewish extremists have been murdering and blowing things up since before the creation of the modern state.

Just a thought - could Israel become one of the next Theocracies in the Middle East if the Jewish extremists get their way?

Mud, the Egyptians have the same god-given rights as Americans. Go read the Declaration. You truly have no business telling others how to vote when you are as morally corrupt as you have demonstrated in this thread.

:lol:You numbskull.

Now you want to project American laws, rights, and privileges unto Egyptians.

Let me get this right.
Egyptians have the same god-given rights as Americans. Go read the Declaration - Jake Starkey

What are you, some kind of fucken colonialist? You wanna tell Egypt what to do now?

Sounds kind of amoral to me. Imposing your will upon the people of other countries.

If I didn't know better I would think you're serious.

:lol:You numbskull.

Now you want to project American laws, rights, and privileges unto Egyptians.

Let me get this right.
Egyptians have the same god-given rights as Americans. Go read the Declaration - Jake Starkey

What are you, some kind of fucken colonialist? You wanna tell Egypt what to do now?

Sounds kind of amoral to me. Imposing your will upon the people of other countries.

If I didn't know better I would think you're serious.

Look up 'right' in the dictionary.
Then look up 'imposition'.

If I didn't know better I would think you are deliberately mis-reading Jake's post.

I don't want to tell Egyptians what to do, but you do, and you are caught lying through your teeth again as you project your idiocy on me.

Natural God-given rights are for all humans, not just Americans.

Where did you learn such nonsense?

Nobody stopped them running their own countries until they invaded someone else's.
Except for Israel of course, who have been allowed to annex neighbouring territory with impunity.

al Qaeda flew planes into our cities. A Saudi was captured yesterday attempting to assassinate one of our former Presidents. Muslims blew up the Stark, bombed our embassies, took our diplomats hostage, gang-raped a female journalist during the celebrations in Egypt, Somali pirates murdered 4 missionaries this week. Iraqi Muslims are murdering Christians by the hundreds.

And now the Muslim Brotherhood threatens to end the Camp David Peace Accord and wage war on one of our few allies in the region.

You make me sick. I'm tired of taking lumps and giving nothing back in return except apologies.

You go ahead and side with them. Maybe if you do they might spare your life.

Then again, maybe they won't.

I don't want to tell Egyptians what to do, but you do, and you are caught lying through your teeth again as you project your idiocy on me.

Natural God-given rights are for all humans, not just Americans.

Where did you learn such nonsense?

Natural God-given rights as per the bill of rights???

I've got news for you, God never gave anyone rights. We had to fight for ours'.

Like I said, we have no right to give anyone in any country rights without their say so. It's up to them to decide if they want them.

Once again you don't understand a simple principle of government.

Before it was that this country is Democracy, not a Republic.

Now you want to impose the same rights we have in the Middle East against their will.

Maybe they don't like our freedoms. I've had some tell me our freedoms lead to weakness and eventually our downfall. I was told this point blank by a Kuwaiti Intelligence officer.

You can't help it. You're so immature yet you think you know every fucken thing.

Last edited:
Thank you Mudwhistle for telling us that God has nothing to do with our natural rights. That's fine for you to have an opinion. However, your opinion would be spurned by Franklin, Jefferson, Washington, Adams, and so forth. Whatever you espouse, they are not American virtues. Move to Egypt then if you don't like it here.

Thank you Mudwhistle for telling us that God has nothing to do with our natural rights. That's fine for you to have an opinion. However, your opinion would be spurned by Franklin, Jefferson, Washington, Adams, and so forth. Whatever you espouse, they are not American virtues. Move to Egypt then if you don't like it here.

Yes, whatever you say. Jesus, you sound like you wanna cry. So melodramatic.

I like it fine here. You want to spread our freedoms around the world then get the fuck out yourself and see just how welcome your idea are. They'll laugh at how naive you are.

Last edited:
No one is concerned with the sense of your take, Mud. Most everyone is startled how naive you are. If you don't believe in the principles of God-given rights at least say so outright, so the next that you feel the urge to wave the flag to which you are not entitled to honor, you will slink away with respect.

al Qaeda flew planes into our cities. A Saudi was captured yesterday attempting to assassinate one of our former Presidents. Muslims blew up the Stark, bombed our embassies, took our diplomats hostage, gang-raped a female journalist during the celebrations in Egypt, Somali pirates murdered 4 missionaries this week. Iraqi Muslims are murdering Christians by the hundreds.

And now the Muslim Brotherhood threatens to end the Camp David Peace Accord and wage war on one of our few allies in the region.

You make me sick. I'm tired of taking lumps and giving nothing back in return except apologies.

You go ahead and side with them. Maybe if you do they might spare your life.

Then again, maybe they won't.

What makes me sick is people like you screaming in righteous anger about how you or your country have been wronged, no-one else can possibly understand if they aren't American and it's your consequent right to condemn all Muslims or anyone that you might interpret as being a sympathiser.
You are either trying to project a tragic national event as a legitimate basis for your natural bigotry or - to give you some possible credit - it might be preventing you from forming an objective opinion.

So...which is it - are you grieving or are you a bigot?

Forum List

Back