Demand your representative sign a No-Pledge pledge

The only pledge I want Senators and Representatives to adhere too..is to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Something alien to both Conservatives and Republicans alike!

People have a values system regardless of what you guys think. I expect them to use that system to arrive at decisions. Knowing what they think ahead of time is pretty helpful. Despite your misgivings, they don't necessary mean incompatability.

I agree with Sallow to a point.

Unfortunately, he is confused about who is ignoring the Constitution.

People have a values system regardless of what you guys think. I expect them to use that system to arrive at decisions. Knowing what they think ahead of time is pretty helpful. Despite your misgivings, they don't necessary mean incompatability.

No, they mean blind adherence to subjective partisan dogma and pandering to a threatening base to the detriment of the rest of the Nation.

The only ‘value system’ they need is to understand their role in the Republic: to act in a manner predicated on the facts and what’s best for the Nation as a whole. Period.

It almost goes without saying that representatives have to behave in line with what they understand the Constitution to mean. But that really wasn't the point.

The point is that beyond constitutionality questions, they should simply vote according to their knowledge and their consciences, not pander to someone's "pledge."

I agree with Sallow to a point.

Unfortunately, he is confused about who is ignoring the Constitution.

That's because he's a hack. He - like many leftist morons - uses the Constitution without the slightest concept as to the meaning of the it.

He's so far past stupid I doubt he could find his way back to intelligent with GPS assistance.

Pledges are highschool bullshit. That is not what there there for. If they want to sign pledges perhaps they should hang out at highschools instead of the Capital. I suggest speaking against all pledge signers of all parties as panderers to special intrest groups. Pledges piss me off.:mad:

No, they mean blind adherence to subjective partisan dogma and pandering to a threatening base to the detriment of the rest of the Nation.

The only ‘value system’ they need is to understand their role in the Republic: to act in a manner predicated on the facts and what’s best for the Nation as a whole. Period.

You can put all the labels on it you like. The representative feels the pledge and their role in Congress are compatable. You don't like that, fine. You know how to vote next election cycle I presume. Your hatred has blinded you.

Forum List

Back