Demagoguery can get you elected....but reality eventually intrudes

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Demagoguery, by its very definition, is the "art" of telling unhappy citizens what they want to hear....making promises to them that are often unrealistically sustainable or achievable.

Trump, I must admit, was very good at demagoguery. If you're an unemployed coal miner, yo vote for a guy that promises your job back; if you're one who blames low wages on the influx of illegal aliens, you vote for a guy that promises to round up and get rid of millions of people; if you're a hater of anything that Obama stood for, you vote for the guy that has challenged even the birthright of Obama (by the way, there are many conservatives that have stated that they HATE Obamacare, but are all in favor of the ACA.....You figure that one out.)

The problem now, however, is that demagoguery does NOT work when governing and you've run out of others to blame for the country's woes.......Trump, in a desperate attempt to stick with his demagoguery has tried to find yet another set of "straw men" to blame; such as the media, the judiciary, democrats, etc.

The very, very short "honeymoon" period for Trump is way over........Reality is now painfully intruding itself.

Still crying about how utterly hopeless dims are I see.

Demagoguery, by its very definition, is the "art" of telling unhappy citizens what they want to hear....making promises to them that are often unrealistically sustainable or achievable.

Trump, I must admit, was very good at demagoguery. If you're an unemployed coal miner, yo vote for a guy that promises your job back; if you're one who blames low wages on the influx of illegal aliens, you vote for a guy that promises to round up and get rid of millions of people; if you're a hater of anything that Obama stood for, you vote for the guy that has challenged even the birthright of Obama (by the way, there are many conservatives that have stated that they HATE Obamacare, but are all in favor of the ACA.....You figure that one out.)

The problem now, however, is that demagoguery does NOT work when governing and you've run out of others to blame for the country's woes.......Trump, in a desperate attempt to stick with his demagoguery has tried to find yet another set of "straw men" to blame; such as the media, the judiciary, democrats, etc.

The very, very short "honeymoon" period for Trump is way over........Reality is now painfully intruding itself.

great OP. Perfect explanation of why obozo was elected twice and why he will be remembered as the worst president in history.

Big Ears was a demagogue...no chance Trump exceeds him in this regard.

• Banned
great OP. Perfect explanation of why obozo was elected twice and why he will be remembered as the worst president in history.

Oh, no doubt that to the racially "sensitive" small minority of US citizens, Obama WILL be regarded as "the worst president in history"..........But, the rest of the planet is not that biased or dumb.

• Banned

The premise of my O/P was an understanding of demagoguery. Obviously you have NO idea of that the term means.....but, you've served your most valuable function of this forum....Bumping up the thread and for that, "thank you".

Oh, no doubt that to the racially "sensitive" small minority of US citizens, Obama WILL be regarded as "the worst president in history"..........But, the rest of the planet is not that biased or dumb.

The truth is that the rest of the planet is not as dumb as you are.

get over the race crap. Obama's failures had nothing to do with race.

• Banned

On the first part.......as world wide polling shows, the planet appreciated a smart, literate, honest and able president in Obama...

On the second part, the "inconvenient truth" for you morons is that race hatred is VERY MUCH there....Hide it, deride it, disregard it....but RACIAL hatred IS there.

The premise of my O/P was an understanding of demagoguery. Obviously you have NO idea of that the term means.....but, you've served your most valuable function of this forum....Bumping up the thread and for that, "thank you".
I do know Obama is a demagogue, but you don't.

/--- WAA WAA WAA BOO HOO HOO Hildabeast lost - not fair -- we need a do over.

On the first part.......as world wide polling shows, the planet appreciated a smart, literate, honest and able president in Obama...

On the second part, the "inconvenient truth" for you morons is that race hatred is VERY MUCH there....Hide it, deride it, disregard it....but RACIAL hatred IS there.

I explained the "world wide polling" to you. The world likes a weak American president because it makes them stronger. Its not the least bit complicated for anyone with the capacity for rational thought

Race and race baiting is a tactic employed by the left to create divisions within the country. Divide and conquer is a well known leftist strategy..

I do know Obama is a demagogue, but you don't.

and gnat will never allow himself to understand that. It violates everything that he stands for.

/--- WAA WAA WAA BOO HOO HOO Hildabeast lost - not fair -- we need a do over.

Above an example of right wing acumen......The idiot only got the "waa waa waa" out of my O/P.

(amazing how this mroon can type "waa waa waa" while sucking his thumb.)

I explained the "world wide polling" to you. The world likes a weak American president because it makes them stronger. Its not the least bit complicated for anyone with the capacity for rational thought

Look, Mr. Tuna, you're too much of an idiot to discuss serious matters.....

Here's your fucked up rationale:

If the world approves of an Obama......its because Obama is weak.....
If the world DISapproves of a charlatan like Trump.....its because Trump is "strong"

face it, you're just a partisan idiot........and too childsih to really debate....Take a nap instead.

Look, Mr. Tuna, you're too much of an idiot to discuss serious matters.....

Here's your fucked up rationale:

If the world approves of an Obama......its because Obama is weak.....
If the world DISapproves of a charlatan like Trump.....its because Trump is "strong"

face it, you're just a partisan idiot........and too childsih to really debate....Take a nap instead.

actually what you said is pretty accurate. Do you think the Iranian ayatollahs prefer Obama or Trump? Do they prefer a guy that gave them nukes and pallets of cash or a guy who will hold them accountable for their actions? Please try to think before responding.

what's amazing is that you don't realize that Obama was the ultimate demagogue

Another right wing moron who has NO idea of what demagoguery means.....This is not the place to educate illiterate idiots......Carry on with your stupid biases, Mr. Tuna.

In case you didn't get the memo, the biggest demagogue LOST the last election.

Forum List

Back