Delta and United ditch NRA

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Many brands that offered discounts to NRA members are dumping the gun group after its furious response to the Florida mass shooting.

After initially defending discounts for NRA members traveling to Dallas in May for the group’s annual convention, both Delta and United announced plans to end their respective relationships with the NRA Saturday.

Companies Dumping NRA

Great news! Hope many more will follow.

Last edited:
Firms cut NRA ties amid Florida backlash

Activists have tried to put pressure on the NRA since the shooting by targeting firms that offer discounts and other benefits to its members.

They have flooded its corporate partners with comments on social media under the hashtag #BoycottNRA.

Firms under pressure include delivery company FedEx and tech giants such as Amazon, which distributes NRA television programmes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-global-corporations/?utm_term=.96d446d7038c

But outrage over the Parkland shooting — sustained in part by politically active teenagers who survived the massacre — has shown no signs of dying out. Police say a former student killed 17 people with a legally purchased semiautomatic rifle, one of at least 10 guns he owned.

As calls for gun control have spread, the NRA has increasingly become a target of activists, with social media hashtags urging boycotts of any corporation found to be linked with it.

Delta and United are the latest to submit to the pressure.

One By One, Companies Cut Ties With The NRA

As a groundswell grows against the National Rifle Association in the aftermath of last week's school massacre in Parkland, Fla., several businesses say they are ending their partnerships with the gun advocacy group.

The brands — ranging from insurance companies to airlines to rental car agencies — announced their decisions on social media, many in direct response to tweets demanding change under the trending hashtag #boycottNRA.

Activists are seeking to name and shame business affiliates of the group.

Full list right now:

Avis

Allied Van Lines

Best Western

Budget

Chubb Insurance

Delta Air Lines

Enterprise Rent-a-Car

First National Bank of Omaha

Hertz

MetLife

North American Van Lines

Paramount Rx

SimpliSafe

Symantec

TrueCar

More to come. I did not see that one coming! Seriously, I thought it would just be "us against them" forever. Corporations getting involved - not sure it will make any difference, but it sure is interesting.

Delta and United ditch NRA
Many individuals and organizations will likely do so.

The NRA is first and foremost an industry association that has as its primary purpose boosting the fortunes of the firearms industry's profits and profitability. That the NRA does so in part by catalyzing retail demand for guns and things related to guns/gun use results in that industry association and the firms it supports obtaining far more advocacy from individuals who, even as gun sport enthusiasts/participants, otherwise have no need for doing so. After all, if one wants to sport-hunt or target shoot, one needs a weapon -- firearm or otherwise -- that can kill one's game or hit the target, not an association that lobbies to ensure that gun manufacturers are increasingly profitable.

I have no problem with the NRA advocating on behalf of gun-industry firms. I have no problem with individuals having an affinity for gunsports. Even so, I recognize the NRA's raison d'etre for what it is, and in spite of whatever claims it makes, for what for it is not. Everything the NRA does has two purposes: (1) increase interest in, thus demand for, guns and things related to guns and (2) increase gun industry economic growth.

It's all good, because the backlash works both ways, and thanks for the list.

Many brands that offered discounts to NRA members are dumping the gun group after its furious response to the Florida mass shooting.

After initially defending discounts for NRA members traveling to Dallas in May for the group’s annual convention, both Delta and United announced plans to end their respective relationships with the NRA Saturday.

Companies Dumping NRA

somehow-----I do not see this move as -------EARTH SHATTERING----20 buck discount?

Companies Dumping NRA

You’re one proud little Nazi aren’t you? Going after and bullying groups that have nothing to do with mass killings. In fact quite the opposite as they encourage citizens to defend themselves against nutjobs and terrorists.

It's not as if they gave money to the NRA and it's not as if those who join the NRA do so for whatever discounts these companies give or used to give NRA members.

So...

Companies Dumping NRA

You’re one proud little Nazi aren’t you? Going after and bullying groups that have nothing to do with mass killings. In fact quite the opposite as they encourage citizens to defend themselves against nutjobs and terrorists.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

WHAT "furious" response, you pathological liar? All this is is the predicable behavior of a lot of sponsors once again fleeing a business for fear of being tied to an unpopular trend and losing business themselves or potential lawsuits. Congratulations, Pin-brain: you're celebrating the furtherance of fascism in this country as only the Left can do as well as hurting your nation.

And still nobody asks the obvious big question: WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING ONLY IN THE GOVERNMENT-RUN PUBLIC SCHOOLS? A government with a long-established interest and desire in disarming its citizens.

I just sent
It's not as if they gave money to the NRA and it's not as if those who join the NRA do so for whatever discounts these companies give or used to give NRA members.

So...
. The NRA membership will remain strong by the American citizens, and not by these corporations. That's the problem with corporations, they think they got this nation in their grip, but American's it's time to end corporate welfare, control, and their corrupt grip upon our society at large. BOYCOTT THEM NOW.

Companies Dumping NRA

I have no affinity for guns at all------but IMHO----the NRA and its Social events
is no more a threat or objectionable than are meetings of the National Audobon
Society. The silly moves by Delta and United are just publicist gimmicks

WHAT "furious" response, you pathological liar? All this is is the predicable behavior of a lot of sponsors once again fleeing a business for fear of being tied to an unpopular trend and losing business themselves or potential lawsuits. Congratulations, Pin-brain: you're celebrating the furtherance of fascism in this country as only the Left can do as well as hurting your nation.

And still nobody asks the obvious big question: WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING ONLY IN THE GOVERNMENT-RUN PUBLIC SCHOOLS? A government with a long-established interest and desire in disarming its citizens.

also ----NOPE------it is not the government----interested in taking your duck
murdering weapons out of your hands. Even YOU duck murderers have a
role in FREE AMERICA

The gun toting, yokel segment of Trump's base is too poor and pathetic for any backlash to work.
Shows just how dammed ignorant you are... My extended and immediate family are doing quite well in life in case you were wondering, and yes that places me in a great position in life also, but I don't wear it on my sleeve like some kind of narcissistic arrogant rich kid might. We worked hard for what we have in life... Sorry to break your thoughts about Trump supporters in that way, but yes we are conservatives.

Companies Dumping NRA

who is the latest target of our corrupt media?

To be honest....I really am fed up with this constant victimization and virtue signalling.
Apparently the rest of America is getting fed up too.
Trump just went over 50% approval rating. Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®
Why is this happening?
Probably because the media has spent almost all of their time attacking Trump.....and now they're focusing on the NRA.
Trump is rising because the media isn't releasing as many nasty stories about Trump as they have been.

Last edited:
The gun toting, yokel segment of Trump's base is too poor and pathetic for any backlash to work.
Shows just how dammed ignorant you are... My extended and immediate family are doing quite well in life in case you were wondering, and yes that places me in a great position in life also, but I don't wear it on my sleeve like some kind of narcissistic arrogant rich kid might. We worked hard for what we have in life... Sorry to break your thoughts about Trump supporters in that way, but yes we are conservatives.
What kind of yokel work do you do? Did Trump get your coal job back?

Companies Dumping NRA

who is the latest target of our corrupt media?

To be honest....I really am fed up with this constant victimization and virtue signalling.
Apparently the rest of America is getting fed up too.
Trump just went over 50% approval rating. Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®
Why is this happening?
Probably because the media has spent almost all of their time attacking Trump.....and now they're focusing on the NRA.
Trump is rising because the media isn't releasing as many nasty stories about Trump has they have been.
Rasmussen :rofl:

Forum List

Back