Delaware Not Fair

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
Beauty Queen Who Lost Miss Delaware Crown Will Keep Scholarship Money
Jun 27, 2014,

The Delaware beauty queen whose title was revoked after it was revealed she is too old to meet the pageant’s requirements will keep her $9,000 in scholarship money.

Officials with the Miss America Organization confirmed to ABC News today that Amanda Longacre, 24, will still be awarded the scholarship money she won June 14 when she was crowned Miss Delaware, even though she will no longer represent Delaware in September’s Miss America pageant.

Longacre’s crown was revoked Tuesday after national Miss America officials learned that she will turn 25 in October, a violation of the contract pageant officials say Longacre signed prior to the pageant confirming she would not turn 25 before Dec. 31, 2014.

“When the contract arrived in the national office and her birth date arrived we realized a mistake had been made on behalf of the Delaware pageant,” Miss American Chairman and CEO Sam Haskell told ABC News today. “I don’t know how they missed it and I don’t know how she missed it.”

“It breaks my heart that she went through all of this but she is not eligible and we have to honor the rules,” Haskell said.

Brittany Lewis, also 24 and the former Miss Wilmington, who finished first runner-up to Longacre, was crowned Miss Delaware Thursday night at a ceremony in Dover.

Beauty Queen Who Lost Miss Delaware Crown Will Keep Scholarship Money - ABC News

She submitted an application with her date of birth, and was approved, and now the Miss America Pageant claims she is too old? It seems to me that since they didn't catch it before the contest, that they could just go with it.....after all she didn't intentionally try to fool them.

At least they are letting her keep her scholarship money.

Beauty Queen Who Lost Miss Delaware Crown Will Keep Scholarship Money
Jun 27, 2014,

The Delaware beauty queen whose title was revoked after it was revealed she is too old to meet the pageant’s requirements will keep her $9,000 in scholarship money.

Officials with the Miss America Organization confirmed to ABC News today that Amanda Longacre, 24, will still be awarded the scholarship money she won June 14 when she was crowned Miss Delaware, even though she will no longer represent Delaware in September’s Miss America pageant.

Longacre’s crown was revoked Tuesday after national Miss America officials learned that she will turn 25 in October, a violation of the contract pageant officials say Longacre signed prior to the pageant confirming she would not turn 25 before Dec. 31, 2014.

“When the contract arrived in the national office and her birth date arrived we realized a mistake had been made on behalf of the Delaware pageant,” Miss American Chairman and CEO Sam Haskell told ABC News today. “I don’t know how they missed it and I don’t know how she missed it.”

“It breaks my heart that she went through all of this but she is not eligible and we have to honor the rules,” Haskell said.

Brittany Lewis, also 24 and the former Miss Wilmington, who finished first runner-up to Longacre, was crowned Miss Delaware Thursday night at a ceremony in Dover.

Beauty Queen Who Lost Miss Delaware Crown Will Keep Scholarship Money - ABC News

She submitted an application with her date of birth, and was approved, and now the Miss America Pageant claims she is too old? It seems to me that since they didn't catch it before the contest, that they could just go with it.....after all she didn't intentionally try to fool them.

At least they are letting her keep her scholarship money.

She'll end up doing a Playboy spread, and it will all have a happy ending. :D

She was too old and she knew it. She should have to pay the money back.

No, she didn't know it....she wasn't over 25 and the people reviewing the applications should have caught it, if it is that important.

They went through the whole contest and she won....they should have let her keep the crown.

Forum List

Back