Define a Canadian

Canadian

Rookie
Mar 14, 2011
Hello form across the boarder! I am doing a Political Science assignment and would like to have an American define what a they believe a Canadian Is. Please feel free to be honest but respectful.

Thanks for your co-operation friends.

Canadians are very friendly, respectful and polite. Awesome people, albeit very conservative when it comes to spending or tipping.

9fda5_canadians.jpg

Due to alcohol being much cheaper in the states then in Canada, there's a joke in the RV parks here in Yuma (where about 40 per cent of the snowbirds are Canadians) that goes:
Question: How can you tell who is Canadian?
Answer: They're the ones who are drunk all the time.

They also tend to brag frequently about their healthcare, especially when drinking. Also, when I lived in Las Vegas, it was no secret among people in the hospitality industry that Canadians are notoriously terrible tippers.

Based on my experience, I would define a Canadian as cheap-bragging-drunks.
Otherwise, they're okay.

To be fair to our Canadian friends, they tip less for a reason: In Canada, the minimum wages are higher and there is most often no "lower rate" for people working in tip-based industries. Tip levels are lower in part to reflect the higher wages.

Canadians' also have less disposable income with which to tip.

To be fair to our Canadian friends, they tip less for a reason: In Canada, the minimum wages are higher and there is most often no "lower rate" for people working in tip-based industries. Tip levels are lower in part to reflect the higher wages.

Doesn't let them off the hook. If they got the money to vacation in Las Vegas or lay up in Yuma in an expensive RV for 3-4 months, then when in Rome do as the Romans do when it comes to tipping.

Doesn't let them off the hook. If they got the money to vacation in Las Vegas or lay up in Yuma in an expensive RV for 3-4 months, then when in Rome do as the Romans do when it comes to tipping.

They're hanging out with old people in RV parks! Most old people still think 10% is a compliment:lol:

Hello form across the boarder!

If you're being graded on this, then correct spelling might help....it's BORDER.

I am doing a Political Science assignment and would like to have an American define what a they believe a Canadian Is. Please feel free to be honest but respectful.

Well, if that's your question, then you can ask any Canadian since you are wanting to ask "Americans".

An "American" could be anyone from Argentina to the Northern reaches of Canada.

Hello form across the boarder! I am doing a Political Science assignment and would like to have an American define what a they believe a Canadian Is. Please feel free to be honest but respectful.

Thanks for your co-operation friends.

Aren't Canadians the little men dressed in Green who have pots of gold at the end of rainbows?

No. We're just cheaper.

No. We're just cheaper.

well OK then:eusa_whistle: Cheap bastages.

One reason we love visiting Montreal is we can tip 15% and look like champions.

Forum List

Back