Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs

I have found High Gravity to be one of the few posters on this message board actually willing to debate and add useful information to a topic. He is far from being a bigot and I have no doubt that he served seven years in the Air Force as he has stated.

I don't doubt anything HG has said about his service. Matter of fact, I believe him completely about his service.

That being said, I HAVE seen U.S. Navy personnel wear Islamic headgear onboard a ship while uncovered and in uniform.

And here's a little OFFICIAL tidbit that "high gravity" refuses to acknowledge:

2) Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.
(a) It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
(b) It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot
interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
(c) The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
(d) Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required (outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).

He acknowledged that he was in error on that when I posted the regulation.

High Gravity is just another blowhard, folks. He keeps posting articles about female American soldiers getting killed while serving in a war zone....but to date he CANNOT PRODUCE A SINGLE ARTICLE THAT STATES IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS THAT WOMAN ARE MANDATED AND DIRECTED TO SERVE IN ACTIVE COMBAT MISSIONS EQUALLY WITH THEIR MALE COUNTER-PARTS. The article I linked clearly reported that the issue is STILL being debated on Capitol Hill.

Also, the photo that High Gravity is so hyped about is NOT showing female soldiers in a fire fight. A simple google search will display photos of male soldiers in the same areas with and without helmets on. And here's a little OFFICIAL tidbit that "high gravity" refuses to acknowledge:

2) Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.
(a) It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
(b) It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot
interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
(c) The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
(d) Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required (outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).

Bottom line: the hysterical bigoted and ignorant BS that jokers like High Gravity pollute this thread with has been factually and logically debunked, casting serious doubt on High Gravity's claim of military service. All he and his ilk can now do is just repeat their garbage ad nauseum. But the chronology of the post will always be their undoing. Let's watch them squawk and dance, folks.

Like I said a thousand times, fire fights and skirmishes can break out in Afghanistan or Iraq at anytime nitwit, those female Soldiers wearing the hijab were putting their lives at risk to try and score PC points with the Afghans when they should have been wearing their helmets like the male Soldier in that picture. While the "battles rages on Capital Hill" to allow women to serve in combat, they have already been doing so in Iraq and Afghanistan, again like I told you, the enemy does not care if the Soldiers they attack are male or female, and I gave you plenty of examples of US Female soldiers who died in combat, The Taliban must have missed your memo about not attacking US Female Soldiers.:cuckoo:

Like I said a thousand times, fire fights and skirmishes can break out in Afghanistan or Iraq at anytime nitwit, those female Soldiers wearing the hijab were putting their lives at risk to try and score PC points with the Afghans when they should have been wearing their helmets like the male Soldier in that picture.

One PR picture is not representatives of actual mission conditions. Generally speaking, female military and DoD civilians/contractors do NOT wear the hijab normally, and certainly not in potential combat conditions.

Like I said a thousand times, fire fights and skirmishes can break out in Afghanistan or Iraq at anytime nitwit, those female Soldiers wearing the hijab were putting their lives at risk to try and score PC points with the Afghans when they should have been wearing their helmets like the male Soldier in that picture.

One PR picture is not representatives of actual mission conditions. Generally speaking, female military and DoD civilians/contractors do NOT wear the hijab normally, and certainly not in potential combat conditions.

I understand that, however the women soldiers that go outside the wire are in just as much danger as our male soldiers, and female soldiers exchange gun fire regularly when they are ambushed, believe me I have seen it, when I was stationed in Kuwait female Soldiers went on convoys in Iraq regularly with full battle rattle, and they did exchange gun fire with insurgents.

I understand that, however the women soldiers that go outside the wire are in just as much danger as our male soldiers, and female soldiers exchange gun fire regularly when they are ambushed, believe me I have seen it, when I was stationed in Kuwait female Soldiers went on convoys in Iraq regularly with full battle rattle, and they did exchange gun fire with insurgents.

Part of it is to kinda blend in HG. When you're over in those countries, you can actually inflame people worse if you have women with their hair uncovered. They also do it to the civilians in their country.

Matter of fact, when we pulled into Jiddah Saudi Arabia, we had to have our women wear certain things so as to keep the peace with the locals.

Part of it is to kinda blend in HG. When you're over in those countries, you can actually inflame people worse if you have women with their hair uncovered. They also do it to the civilians in their country.

Matter of fact, when we pulled into Jiddah Saudi Arabia, we had to have our women wear certain things so as to keep the peace with the locals.

God forbid we inflame a Muslim.

I understand but when we are telling our female soldiers to remove their helmets to don a hijab, we are just putting targets on their backs and putting them in more danger than they need to be, these troops are in Afghanistan to fight a war, not a cultural tour.

I understand but when we are telling our female soldiers to remove their helmets to don a hijab, we are just putting targets on their backs and putting them in more danger than they need to be, these troops are in Afghanistan to fight a war, not a cultural tour.

hijabs.jpg

Too right m8. I can't see the hijab protecting their heads.

hijabs.jpg

Exactly my man, its not. This is obviously a dangerous area because the male soldier behind them has his helmet on and appears to be locked and loaded, Afghanistan is a very dangerous country right now and a fire fight can break out pretty much anywhere. What is basically going on is, we are putting these womens lives at un-necessary risk to try and "win some hearts and minds" and win some PC points. The sad thing is, the enemy doesn't give a shit if we are wearing hijabs, turbans, full jihadi bears or burkas, they are still going to try and kill us.

hijabs.jpg

Exactly my man, its not. This is obviously a dangerous area because the male soldier behind them has his helmet on and appears to be locked and loaded, Afghanistan is a very dangerous country right now and a fire fight can break out pretty much anywhere. What is basically going on is, we are putting these womens lives at un-necessary risk to try and "win some hearts and minds" and win some PC points. The sad thing is, the enemy doesn't give a shit if we are wearing hijabs, turbans, full jihadi bears or burkas, they are still going to try and kill us.

WE ARE NUTS!

Allowing this shit. It's us making our women soldiers wear them!

Like WTF!!!

hijabs.jpg

WE ARE NUTS!

Allowing this shit. It's us making our women soldiers wear them!

Like WTF!!!

Yes we are, we are nuts, and soft. Like I said, this is like having our Marines dress up like Geisha girls when we invaded Japan back during WW2. You can best believe if we were invaded by a foreign power, they would not let their women soldiers wear their hair down and dress up like Hooters girls to gain our acceptance.

And I've seen it too. In Afghanistan, in 2010, and our females were NOT wearing the hijab. Do you have a source for your picture becaause it was definitely not policy in 2010.
Oh, and I have no idea why you think the male soldier is locked and loaded. I can't even see his weapon in the picture.

Last edited:

And I've seen it too. In Afghanistan, in 2010, and our females were NOT wearing the hijab. Do you have a source for your picture becaause it was definitely not policy in 2010.

No I don't have one, I found this pic on google.

“The whole point I have been trying to make is that this is a strategic and not tactical issue. And the Commanders at General Petraeus’s level or above should have never AUTHORIZED it as an option, due to the wrong message it sends,” McSally wrote in an email. “I understand that you may not get immediate access to a village if the women don’t wear hijabs, but we shouldn’t be so desperate to do ‘whatever it takes’ to win over rural Afghan men and women that we are willing to compromise who we are.”

Read more: Hijab American military women servicewomen soldiers Afghanistan Pentagon | Military encouraging female soldiers to don Muslim garb? Pentagon talks back | The Daily Caller

Oh, and I have no idea why you think the male soldier is locked and loaded. I can't even see his weapon in the picture.

Whenever you go outside the wire your weapon has to be locked and loaded, at least thats how it was in Iraq.

Whenever you go outside the wire your weapon has to be locked and loaded, at least thats how it was in Iraq.

I would expect that in any war zone...........

Forum List

Back