Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I find this very disturbing... I'd like to slap that fucking shit stain Panetta so hard his mama would have a black eye...

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) announced today that the Department of Defense will begin allowing Muslim and Sikh students who wear an Islamic head scarf (hijab) or a turban to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC).

“We welcome the fact that Muslim and Sikh students nationwide will now be able to participate fully in JROTC leadership activities while maintaining their religious beliefs and practices,” said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad.

In October, the Washington-based Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization wrote to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta after a 14-year-old Muslim student at Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., was forced to transfer out of a JROTC class when her commanding officers told her she could not wear hijab while marching in the September homecoming parade.

Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs – The Religion World – Orlando Sentinel

I find this very disturbing... I'd like to slap that fucking shit stain Panetta so hard his mama would have a black eye...

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) announced today that the Department of Defense will begin allowing Muslim and Sikh students who wear an Islamic head scarf (hijab) or a turban to participate in the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC).

“We welcome the fact that Muslim and Sikh students nationwide will now be able to participate fully in JROTC leadership activities while maintaining their religious beliefs and practices,” said CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad.

In October, the Washington-based Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization wrote to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta after a 14-year-old Muslim student at Ravenwood High School in Brentwood, Tenn., was forced to transfer out of a JROTC class when her commanding officers told her she could not wear hijab while marching in the September homecoming parade.

Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs – The Religion World – Orlando Sentinel

JROTC = Jack and Shit to the real military.

1/2 of the time their uniforms are all dicked up anyways.

I thought this was the regular military.

I would be in strong agreement with the thread if it was. No religious symbols should be allowed on the uniforms. That's one of the reasons they are called "uniforms".

JROTC?

Who gives a shit?

It's that attitude right there that is the reason for most of the CRAP that CREEPS it's way into our life and traditions... the "who gives a shitters." Obviously the fucking MUSLIMS give a shit, enough to IMPOSE their SHIT on AMERICAN TRADITIONS.

Thank God for those of us who care, otherwise this country would be far worse now than it already is.

Last edited:
JROTC?

Who gives a shit?

It's that attitude right there that is the reason for most of the CRAP that CREEPS it's way into our life and traditions... the "who gives a shitters." Obviously the fucking MUSLIMS give a shit, enough to IMPOSE their SHIT on AMERICAN TRADITIONS.

Thank God for those of us who care, otherwise this country would be far worse now than it already is.

Blah, blah, blah.

You are right. I don't give a shit about High School kids who want to play soldier.

You can go apeshit if you want.

So school where cadets learn how to become soldiers is JACK SHIT? You don't know much about the military do you?

LMAO. They aren't learning to "become soldiers". If they were, they'd have to actually adhere to the height/weight and PT standards that real soldiers do. They are not under contract and have no legal obligation to serve. They are also not under the UCMJ.

It's basically a snazzy recruiting tool for the military.

I remember helping to assist a JROTC unit on an FTX once. It was pretty funny.

Prove it.

Anecdotal.

JROTC?

Who gives a shit?

JROTC?

Who gives a shit?

I thought this was the regular military.

Given the thread author, you should have anticipated the deception.

The ability of the right to obsess over irrelevant idiocy is remarkable.

It's not a dumb move by the DOD. If we are going to recruit High School students, we should reach out to Muslims as they speak the language and know the culture of the places were are currently fighting wars.

For a second I thought this was going to be about the Military Academies or ROTC and I was going to be as upset as the next man.

But JROTC? Please.

This is Bull Shit. What happened to separation of Church and State? Or is that only Christian church and State?

lol agreed but this seems really dumb to me.

JROTC is a high school elective.

Most of the kids do not enter the military after high school or college.

As someone else said, JROTC kids look like a bag of asses in uniform anyway.

I think this should be an approved uniform item.

Attachments

• $sexy-demotivational-poster-0008.jpg
    $sexy-demotivational-poster-0008.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 64

Forum List

Back