Deep down, we all know that peace is best

Occupied territory is not part of the occupying country.

Did you read were they annexed the land and laid claim to it as their land, and the UN did not say anything

"Jordan formally annexed the West Bank on April 24, 1950, giving all residents automatic Jordanian citizenship. West Bank residents had already received the right to claim Jordanian citizenship in December 1949"

from the above link

Jordan’s annexation was regarded as illegal and void by the Arab League and others. It was recognized only by Britain, Iraq and Pakistan

irrelevant as they still annexed the land and the UN said nothing. Very different to the occupation by Israel which was for purely defensive measures as outlined in the Geneva Conventions

Where does it say that?

Link?

Here you go Adolph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Mandate_for_Palestine_(legal_instrument)

The mandate document formalised the division of Palestine, to include a national home for the Jewish people under direct British rule, and Transjordan, an Emirate governed semi-autonomously from Britain under the rule of the Hashemite family.[1]

The mandate was a monumental flop. Britain left Palestine without accomplishing any of its goals.

And where does it say that Jordan was for the Palestinian Arabs?

arab and jewish states. Jordan is an arab state.

So it still shows that the civilised nations see hamas as a terrorist organisation, and because it is part of the muslim brotherhood this happens

Egypt declares Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist group | World news | theguardian.com

Muslim Brotherhood named 'terrorist' group

Gaza – Two decades ago, Yasser Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin grabbed each other’s hands on the White House lawn in Washington DC. They celebrated the birth of the Oslo Declaration of Principles. However, Oslo was not the latest step in the national liberation project launched by Yasser Arafat in 1960, aiming for "revolution until victory." It was to put an end to that revolution and remove the term “victory” from the Palestine Liberation Organization's (PLO) dictionary, replacing it with "permanent defeat."

The defeat was called a "transitional self-authority" over the territories of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Occupied Jerusalem and the interior of Palestine were not covered. At that time, the PLO’s thoughts did not go beyond peaceful coexistence and a just and comprehensive solution. It was no longer the time or place for arms. All efforts were dedicated to building the state before achieving liberation.

Institutions were built and a Palestinian police force was formed to protect security and internal order in the lands occupied in 1967. Oslo provided the Israeli enemy the full right to self-defense. This was without any objection from the Palestinian side, which supported and entrenched these measures, transforming itself into a tool in the hands of the enemy to disarm the resistance in areas under its control.

Two Decades After Oslo: The Agreement That Uprooted Palestine | Al Akhbar English

As your link says the Palestinians agreed to the formation of an interim governing body presided over by Arafat, or as your link calls it a "transitional self-authority". This was not a government nor was it a nation, and set in stone the full meaning of statehood. It showed the muslims that they had to step up to the mark and act in a civilised manner or face punitive action. Yet to this very day the Palestinians are refusing to abide by the UN charter and stop all acts of belligerence and warfare, making a mockery of the UN charter in the process. Do not be surprised if many of the western nations don't pull the plug on the UN and tear up its biased and racist charter

Actually, the "Palestinians" did not agree. Arafat was appointed to represent the Palestinians. The Palestinians (not all of them) were happy for a while because they were duped into believing that there was going to be peace. Others saw through the farce.

What part of the UN Charter are they refusing to abide by?

Calling yourself a LIAR now are we Adolph, here you go your post

This was without any objection from the Palestinian side, which supported and entrenched these measures,

ALL OF IT

Last edited:
Why did the US (and the UK, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, etc.) decide to back Fatah rather than Hamas, despite the vote in 2006 going in favor of Hamas?

Could it be because of the fact that hamas is a proven terrorist organisation, and fatah is the lesser of two evils.

OMG, now you are playing the terrorist card.

If he is, then so is the USA and several Arab states, who recognize that Hamas is a radical faction which happened to get the most votes during their referenDUM(b).

Equipment assistance

Each trained battalion is supplied by the USSC with non-lethal equipment such as vehicles, office equipment, medical equipment, riot gear, body armor, uniforms, and standard issue items.[56] This equipment explicitly excludes weapons and ammunition and Lt. Gen. Dayton has stated, "we don't give out any guns or bullets."[57]

All equipment is controlled carefully to ensure it is used in the manner approved by the USSC. DynCorp furnishes the equipment, which is warehoused by INL in Jerusalem until it receives approval from Israel for delivery to NSF troops in the West Bank. Also all of the equipment is inventoried and subject to end-use monitoring by the U.S. government.[58] This process can be lengthy as noted by Dayton who explained, "We don't provide anything to the Palestinians unless it has been thoroughly coordinated with the state of Israel and they agree to it. Sometimes this process drives me crazy—I had a lot more hair when I started—but nevertheless, we make it work."[57]

Palestinian security forces do receive some weapons from countries such as Jordan and Egypt, but they are subject to Israeli control and scrutiny and have been severely restricted.[59]

Funding

The State Department has provided $392 million to date for the PASF training program, including $160 million for training purpose, $89 million for equipment, $99 million for construction and renovation of facilities, and $22 million for capacity building in the Ministry of Interior. Additionally $150 million has been requested for FY2011: $56 million for the training component, $33 million for more equipment, $53 million for further infrastructure projects, and $3 million for strategic capacity building.[60]

United States security assistance to the Palestinian National Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, how many of us knew the USA was funding the Abbas Government?

Well, if we didn't we wouldn't have very much leverage in trying to influence their actions.

I suppose that for people like you who flail your pom poms for Islamic terrorist organizations, you just ignore the sleaze associated with your heroes being linked to fascism and mass murder.

I suppose that for people like you who flail your pom poms for Islamic terrorist organizations, you just ignore the sleaze associated with your heroes being linked to fascism and mass murder.

the vast majority of muslims do not support fanatics, zealots, radicals, jihadists or fundamentalists. Sadly the news covers the f'ed up violent or off the cliff to the right minority so that is what most people learn about islam.

This is a bullshit thread.
The guy who started it, doesn't really want peace in the first place.

Any thread you subscribe to is likely to be camel crap, Bilbo, and you should be the last poster to complain about war-mongering:

Quote: Originally Posted by Billo_Really
If I was President, I'd send in the marines and kick the fucking shit out of the IOF in the OPT.
How do you like them apples?

My own contribution...

Obvious answers...

1. Hamas is identified by many countries (the US included) as a 'Terrorist Organization'.

Pfffft, third grade name calling.

Fatah works for Israel. Hamas works for the people.

Why do you think Fatah lost the elections?

Hamas does not operate outside of Palestine's borders.

Hamas wants peace but they do not want Israel's version of peace.

----------

Using my own words and my own thoughts, and not a lick of cut-and-paste.
tongue_smile.gif

Here you go all outside of the Palestinian "borders", and even outside of the 1967 "borders"

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pffft, a drop in the bucket compared to Israeli terrorism.

BTW, all inside Palestine's borders.

Last edited:
Pfffft, third grade name calling.

Fatah works for Israel. Hamas works for the people.

Why do you think Fatah lost the elections?

Hamas does not operate outside of Palestine's borders.

Hamas wants peace but they do not want Israel's version of peace.

----------

Here you go all outside of the Palestinian "borders", and even outside of the 1967 "borders"

Why don't you condemn palestinians attacks? They have committed atrocities and can be brutal. It is an abomination what they do to their own children and brainwashing hate from birth. Why are you not strong-arming them to the peace table and tell them to stay there till they find a compromise, not just make demands?
Why do you let violence perpetrated by them to go on? Why no disarm them?

Why don't you condemn palestinians attacks? They have committed atrocities and can be brutal. It is an abomination what they do to their own children and brainwashing hate from birth. Why are you not strong-arming them to the peace table and tell them to stay there till they find a compromise, not just make demands?

Good point. I think both sides should disarm.

Disarming one side will not bring peace.

Perhaps you missed Georgie's Al Akhbar (Two Decades After Oslo: The Agreement That Uprooted Palestine | Al Akhbar English) explanation of his POV. He's not interested in any compromise nor is he interested in peace with the Jewish State. Georgie wants Israel gone and he doesn't care how many generations of Pal kids must be sacrificed to satisfy his bloodlust. Period.

Any thread you subscribe to is likely to be camel crap, Bilbo, and you should be the last poster to complain about war-mongering:

If I was President, I'd send in the marines and kick the fucking shit out of the IOF in the OPT.
You're god-damn right I would!

After reading all the psycho-babbling bullshit from you Israeli kiss-asses, my position would be, "The time for talking is officially over! IT'S ON!"

You're god-damn right I would!

After reading all the psycho-babbling bullshit from you Israeli kiss-asses, my position would be, "The time for talking is officially over! IT'S ON!"
blowfish-2.jpg

You tell 'em, my little Internet tough-guy!
tongue_smile.gif

Forum List

Back