Declining moral values

Parenting is the sole problem . Something bad happen s in school, sue. Schools then overreact...sue. Schools make harder test.. parents bitch and moan that school is too hard.

Again, I ask this question..........

Why does everyone treat morals as absolutes when they are anything BUT?

What is "moral" for a Mormon, isn't moral for the Amish.

What is "moral" for a Catholic, isn't moral for Protestants (indulgences).

So, why does everyone say that morals are absolutes? Morals are a system of values and ideals that are enforced on the individual by society.

Personally? I have no morals, I don't like it when people tell me what I should and should not think and believe, nor do I like dogma very much. I'm a heretic, but then again, so was Galileo and Copernicus, as well as many other great people of science.

If it was left up to the church alone, we'd still believe in a flat earth, as well as still be believing that it was evil spirits and demons rather than bacteria and viruses that cause disease.

But, just because I don't believe society is always right in the form of morals, I did learn a strong set of values and ethics from the military.

Shocking -- I'm with ABS on this one.

That's your one for this year, don't get used to it...... :lol:

We always yearn for the moral values of the past while decrying the lack of moral values today

If you go back 50 years, the moral values allowed

- Discriminating against blacks
- Discrimination against gays
- Tolerance of Domestic violence
- Blaming rape on the victim
- Child beating
- Open destruction of the environment

Sorry...I prefer today

Thinking for yourself used to be a pretty American idea

I agree, but America is truing into a country of illegals. It is also turning into a country of people who think they are entitled.

NO it isn't. For one, illegal immigration has always been an issue, nothing more drasitc now than it was then. Secondly, most people who snuck in here illegally don't feel entitled, they work their asses off, multiple jobs, anythying they can get, live in squalor, so they can take care of their family back in mexico. Seems like a pretty honorable thing to be doing, and in no way they feel entitled to anything, the work their ass off for it

Thinking for yourself used to be a pretty American idea

I agree, but America is truing into a country of illegals. It is also turning into a country of people who think they are entitled.

NO it isn't. For one, illegal immigration has always been an issue, nothing more drasitc now than it was then. Secondly, most people who snuck in here illegally don't feel entitled, they work their asses off, multiple jobs, anythying they can get, live in squalor, so they can take care of their family back in mexico. Seems like a pretty honorable thing to be doing, and in no way they feel entitled to anything, the work their ass off for it

Let me explain.

TM was going off on schools and class size. In CA illegals represent 15- 20% of the school population. Getting rid of that would decrees the school populations size.

I did NOT just say it was illegals who felt entitled. I said the country did. That is a very big distinction.

Let me explain.

TM was going off on schools and class size. In CA illegals represent 15- 20% of the school population. Getting rid of that would decrees the school populations size.

I did NOT just say it was illegals who felt entitled. I said the country did. That is a very big distinction.

gotcha

Too Big High Schools: Science Videos - Science News - ScienCentral

Please go read about the study.

It is cold hard facts about which schools work.

Smaller schools work better.

Their football teams are not as good but their education is much better.

I vote to put our money on teaching and not paying tons of money in Administrator pay because we have schools so big they need 3 vice principles at 70,000 a year.

It's principal. Easy to remember . . . the principal is your pal. I learned me that waaay back in grade school. Small grade school, good education. Same with high school, I graduated in a class of 117.

As for the children not being the center of American life. I think kids are way more the center of family life (yes I know you said American and I said family) now than they ever were in the past. And many kids these days are disrespectful rude brats who think they are entitled to do as they please and fuck everyone else. Maybe if mom and dad paid attention and actually parented their kids, morality would be in a better place.

I vote to put our money on teaching and not paying tons of money in Administrator pay because we have schools so big they need 3 vice principles at 70,000 a year.

It's principal. Easy to remember . . . the principal is your pal. I learned me that waaay back in grade school. Small grade school, good education. Same with high school, I graduated in a class of 117.

As for the children not being the center of American life. I think kids are way more the center of family life (yes I know you said American and I said family) now than they ever were in the past. And many kids these days are disrespectful rude brats who think they are entitled to do as they please and fuck everyone else. Maybe if mom and dad paid attention and actually parented their kids, morality would be in a better place.

That only works when children are allowed to be children and parents are the grown ups though.

Fuck off.

you dont want to debate any of the facts you just want to pull the debate into the idots range that you can understand.

This study clearly shows smaller schools are the ones with the track record of teaching kids sucessfully.

The logical thing to do is to do what has been proven to work.

Why would nay of you tainwallows want to do things that have no record of working?

Because you dont give a rats ass about the success of this country.

You only care about tax cuts and supporting any stupid failed idea that your masters tell you to support.

I love it when TM has a melt down. :lol:

Fuck off.

you dont want to debate any of the facts you just want to pull the debate into the idots range that you can understand.

This study clearly shows smaller schools are the ones with the track record of teaching kids sucessfully.

Why would nay of you tainwallows want to do things that have no record of working?

You only care about tax cuts and supporting any stupid failed idea that your masters tell you to support.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

REALLY?

Fuck off.

Me too. Exploding heads are a scream.

That only works when children are allowed to be children and parents are the grown ups though.

It is all still the parents and not schools teaching children values.

Parents give children far to much. Children feel entitled to everything now a days. they are living in give it to me now give me more mentality. Of which is the parents fault.

Fuck off.

Me too. Exploding heads are a scream.

Well I certainly learned my lesson---smaller class sizes will promote morality in America.

Parents give children far to much. Children feel entitled to everything now a days. they are living in give it to me now give me more mentality. Of which is the parents fault.

Yep, it is the parent's fault. Why? Simple......it comes from that "my kid is gonna have it better than I did" mentality that a lot of Americans have.

Trouble is, the child doesn't have to work for shit, thus ending up feeling entitled to whatever they want.

My opinion? You've got to work for everything you get, and it doesn't mater if life is hard, that which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. If people catered to your every whim, brought you soft and easily digestible food, and carried you around all your life?

At age 18, when you are expected to live on your own, you're gonna die, because you have no skills in dealing with failure, nor do you have any idea as to how things work, because you've never had to work for them.

That's not morality by the way, that is simply cause and effect, action and reaction.

Yes, schools should teach about consequences of your actions having an effect on your life, that is what grades are all about.

But a school should NEVER teach morality. That is the realm of religion and should be left as such.

Yep, it is the parent's fault. Why? Simple......it comes from that "my kid is gonna have it better than I did" mentality that a lot of Americans have.

Trouble is, the child doesn't have to work for shit, thus ending up feeling entitled to whatever they want.

My opinion? You've got to work for everything you get, and it doesn't mater if life is hard, that which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger. If people catered to your every whim, brought you soft and easily digestible food, and carried you around all your life?

At age 18, when you are expected to live on your own, you're gonna die, because you have no skills in dealing with failure, nor do you have any idea as to how things work, because you've never had to work for them.

That's not morality by the way, that is simply cause and effect, action and reaction.

Yes, schools should teach about consequences of your actions having an effect on your life, that is what grades are all about.

But a school should NEVER teach morality. That is the realm of religion and should be left as such.

Would you dare go as far as to say being able to take care of yourself is moral ?

Forum List

Back