Decline/Demise of America

What is a "bibble"? What is a "trash cult"? Why do you say the same things over and over and over?

Are you a Russian bot?

That was meant to read "bible". Was that too hard to figure out?

As to "trash cult"; that would have one of its leaders talk trash like this:

Evangelical leader Pat Robertson told viewers of the 700 Club to “cool down the tempers of those who are screaming blood for the Saudis” and not risk a $100 billion arms deal with the United States over the apparent death of Saudi dissident and journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Said Robertson: “These people are key allies. I don’t think on this issue we need pull sanctions and get tough. I just think it’s a mistake.”

Pat Robertson Says Punishing Saudis Not Worth the Risk

... and that's just not just because this famous $100bn arms deal is one of the Trumpy's smashing successes that isn't. It's because that fabulous trash cult leader actually thinks the U.S. has to acquiesce to murder in order to gain some profits from even much more murder. That is some trash...

Maybe, some on here are being caught saying the same things time and again because they run into zombie ideas again and again, and having been crushed, these ideas just stand up, as stupid, unreal, or mendacious as before, and mostly ugly, too. Like, for instance, making excuses for the Dear Leader's habitual, serial mendacity in the form of calling his lies something different, infantile, as if we'd deal with a three-year old who can't really be taken to account for lacking the faculty to tell truth from fiction. Zombie ideas, like we've seen on this thread, like accusing those who stand up for what should be normal, such as criticizing one's own government, of being traitors, un-American, or Russian bots.
Last I heard there is constant War over there..............do we support a policy that would further Strenghten Iran........No we would not................The Balance of power has shifted..........and Saudi Arabia isn't the one chanting Death to America...............................While they have their degenerates................they are openly calling for terrorism against the United States...............They aren't supplying Advanced IED's that have sent our men home in bags...........Iran has done that............................

Do we really trust them...............Nope............but the enemy of my enemy is my friend in the shithole place of the Middle East......................

Not to mention we still import oil from there...........and Saudi production of oil has kept our gas prices lower.........and whether you like it or not Saudi massively increasing oil production hurt Russia extremely bad and lowered the Ruble......after they invaded Cremia and were causing problems in the Ukraine...............

That is reality.............and the call to shoot ourselves in the foot over this are PLAIN STUPID.............

If you want to shoot yourself in the foot.....go ahead and pull the trigger.........leave us out of it.

California was much better off then than they are now.
Seems the Dem leadership has turned California into a near third world country.

I agree, and so does Fortune:

"California’s economy just made a huge leap.

If the state – with its 39.5 million people – was an independent country, it would have the fifth largest economy in the world, according to new federal figures released on Friday – just surpassing the United Kingdom, which has a population of 65.6 million.

California’s economy of $2.7 trillion sits behind the United States, China, Japan and Germany. California’s large economy is attributed to its thriving tech sector and Hollywood, according to the Associated Press. It has 12% of the U.S. population, but has contributed 16% of total job growth between 2012 and 2017. California’s gross domestic product also went up by $127 billion from 2016 to 2017, helping to give it a push to reach the fifth spot."

Source: California's Economy Is Now Bigger Than All of the U.K.

Oh dear. I hope I remembered to use the sarcasm font. I keep forgetting that.

This decay began long before Trump.

Trump is merely a symptom. A result.
I agree with you that there has been decay. However, I see Trump as the beginning of turning our government back to the accountability to the people and out of the hands of a small group of political elites in both parties and the Federal government.

Back to accountability? Are you high?

Trumps is the most corrupt administration this country has seen. Nixon is shocked.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/08/30/donald-trump-republicans-corruption-problem-drain-swamp-column/1112746002/

WOW!!!!!! An OP-slop from the president of the center for american progress. Couldn't find a better source for your commie propaganda?

Saint Ray Goon got the ball rolling and it has not stopped since. People should have seen what he did to California as Governor and not placed him in office as president.

Massachusetts voted for Hillary by a larger margin and has a higher GDP per capita than California. But in general, the bluer states tend to have a higher GDP per capita.
Arkansas has the 4th lowest average weekly wage, in a state which voted more for Trump by a 20 percent margin. West Virgina is about the same.

I agree, and so does Fortune:

"California’s economy just made a huge leap.

If the state – with its 39.5 million people – was an independent country, it would have the fifth largest economy in the world, according to new federal figures released on Friday – just surpassing the United Kingdom, which has a population of 65.6 million.

California’s economy of $2.7 trillion sits behind the United States, China, Japan and Germany. California’s large economy is attributed to its thriving tech sector and Hollywood, according to the Associated Press. It has 12% of the U.S. population, but has contributed 16% of total job growth between 2012 and 2017. California’s gross domestic product also went up by $127 billion from 2016 to 2017, helping to give it a push to reach the fifth spot."

Source: California's Economy Is Now Bigger Than All of the U.K.

And yet hundreds of thousands more are leaving California than are going there

The cities are cess pools of homeless and dirty needles and human excrement.

But sure silicone valley and Hollywood are making billions.

The population is their cheap labor .........illegal immigrants........as born and raised Californians are hauling ass.............

And yet hundreds of thousands more are leaving California than are going there The cities are cess pools of homeless and dirty needles and human excrement. But sure silicone valley and Hollywood are making billions.
`
You are in error - Golden state population trends | first tuesday Journal -

California’s population grew at a rate of 0.7% in 2017. This is a slightly quicker pace than the prior year, but the overall trend since 2009 is a declining growth rate. The annual rate of population growth is usually closer to 1%.

County-level data show population increases in all of California’s most populous counties. Of the state’s ten largest counties, Los Angeles saw the smallest increase of just 0.3% in 2017 (the most recently reported Census year). Riverside County experienced the highest growth of 1.9% from 2016 to 2017, reflecting a turn to the state’s less costly inland regions.

Steady population growth is essential for a long-term, stable housing market. The rate of California’s population growth, while continuing up, is forecasted to vary in step with other economic and political factors, bringing with it new household formations and demand for residential rentals and sales.
`
A declining growth rate does not mean more people are leaving, it means less people are coming and still, the general population is increasing. If you look at the statistics, its growth rate is equal to the rest of the US.
`

And yet hundreds of thousands more are leaving California than are going there The cities are cess pools of homeless and dirty needles and human excrement. But sure silicone valley and Hollywood are making billions.
`

California’s population grew at a rate of 0.7% in 2017. This is a slightly quicker pace than the prior year, but the overall trend since 2009 is a declining growth rate. The annual rate of population growth is usually closer to 1%.

County-level data show population increases in all of California’s most populous counties. Of the state’s ten largest counties, Los Angeles saw the smallest increase of just 0.3% in 2017 (the most recently reported Census year). Riverside County experienced the highest growth of 1.9% from 2016 to 2017, reflecting a turn to the state’s less costly inland regions.

Steady population growth is essential for a long-term, stable housing market. The rate of California’s population growth, while continuing up, is forecasted to vary in step with other economic and political factors, bringing with it new household formations and demand for residential rentals and sales.
`
A declining growth rate does not mean more people are leaving, it means less people are coming and still, the general population is increasing. If you look at the statistics, its growth rate is equal to the rest of the US.
`
Tell that to the moving companies...........LOL

Viva la Mexico.........replacements there.

`

`
`
Two words: illegal aliens.

`

`
`
Two words: illegal aliens.

1. Non-white immigration
2. Feminism destroying the traditional family
3. lower iq'ed population
4. Culture that has changed from one of honor to one of idiocy.

Feminism probably should be number one for the downfall of this nation as without that there'ed probably not be 1, 3 and 4.

California's Economy Is Now Bigger Than All of the U.K.

Quite. If you're looking for signs of the Decline of America, the growing disrespect for numbers, data, facts, education, and science would be a good place to start, and how they are being replaced by ever more stridently promulgated narratives like, "third world country". Undefined, under-defined as the expression is, you'd realize that, while creating narratives, Gingrich's playbook* still is in heavy demand.

Recalling that, it isn't that hard to understand the deleterious effect his speakership and brazen mendacity had on the nation's discourse, as well as the effect all that had on the "minds" of the befuddled and perennially outraged. Arguably, no one had more of a hand in the rise of the Trumpy than the Grinch, as he prepared the ground on which the catastrophe flourished, the very catastrophe our righty friends would not cease to hail as something akin to the Second Coming.

*)
But few figures in modern history have done more than Gingrich to lay the groundwork for Trump’s rise. During his two decades in Congress, he pioneered a style of partisan combat—replete with name-calling, conspiracy theories, and strategic obstructionism—that poisoned America’s political culture and plunged Washington into permanent dysfunction. Gingrich’s career can perhaps be best understood as a grand exercise in devolution—an effort to strip American politics of the civilizing traits it had developed over time and return it to its most primal essence.​

Last edited:

Quite. If you're looking for signs of the Decline of America, the growing disrespect for numbers, data, facts, education, and science would be a good place to start, and how they are being replaced by ever more stridently promulgated narratives like, "third world country". Undefined, under-defined as the expression is, you'd realize that, while creating narratives, Gingrich's playbook* still is in heavy demand.

Recalling that, it isn't that hard to understand the deleterious effect his speakership and brazen mendacity had on the nation's discourse, as well as the effect all that had on the "minds" of the befuddled and perennially outraged. Arguably, no one had more of a hand in the rise of the Trumpy than the Grinch, as he prepared the ground on which the catastrophe flourished, the very catastrophe our righty friends would not cease to hail as something akin to the Second Coming.

*)
But few figures in modern history have done more than Gingrich to lay the groundwork for Trump’s rise. During his two decades in Congress, he pioneered a style of partisan combat—replete with name-calling, conspiracy theories, and strategic obstructionism—that poisoned America’s political culture and plunged Washington into permanent dysfunction. Gingrich’s career can perhaps be best understood as a grand exercise in devolution—an effort to strip American politics of the civilizing traits it had developed over time and return it to its most primal essence.​

Your ignorance and projection is duly noted. Europe is rotting from within more every day. It has wholly given itself over to unfettered "immigration" and a dictatorial ruling class in Brussels. It is stupefying to see someone who reverences a place dominated by a Monarchy. You lose.

*)
Pity, your post is probably far to intellectual for this place, but thank you for your effort and a fine post.

As soon as I mention Gingrich's playbook, up goes a semi-literate post, based on solid ignorance on all issues touched, and demonstrating, conclusively, the point I made.

Spectacular.

As soon as I mention Gingrich's playbook, up goes a semi-literate post, based on solid ignorance on all issues touched, and demonstrating, conclusively, the point I made.

Spectacular.
Gingrich fired back.........And in the political arena he fired shots that he figured more Americans would support. Calculated...............Just as the left polarizes their key get out the vote BS issues of division of America........Calling everyone every name in the book because they disagree.............

Gingrich was effective...........was more PC than Trump.....but hit the issues that cost the Dems power in Gov't leading to the Reagan Revolution..........

Nothing spectacular about it.............it is simply mud slinging politics that both sides used..........That issue is polarized on immigration this time around. Dems after migrant votes...........Reps after seal the border votes.........and that issue on voting will be decided by moderate voters trying to decide which side to vote for........or sick of the BS stay home.

The side that gets the base plus the middle out to vote.........Wins.

A decline has been underway for decades, now, Trumpism has speeded the process. American values are in dramatic decline as the USA leader Donald Trump leads the nation in a period of corruption and disregard for basic American principals of morality and human rights. An amoral monster has taken over the reigns of power in America and a corrupted a Republican-led Congress. With no concern of right or wrong, America is quickly losing its strength and viability for existing.

It shows how important it is to vote. It also shows how important (or if you prefer paramount) it is to nominate someone going forward that will not alienate half the nation by her/his own words. The other side is going to tar and feather you whether you're mommie dearest or mother theresa. What you have to do is play your own game and stop trying to beat the republicans by getting into the pig sty with them. That is their home; they are comfortable there. And if you do win on rhetoric, what do you win? You skim off the top of the cesspool and get a few votes? No need to do that. The winning strategy is to engage those who are apolitical; the ones who say, "they're all crooks" or "they all suck" and try to get them to see the wisdom of voting for you. You may reach them; you may not. But what you don't do is exhibit the disgusting behavior of Republicans.

The decline is 90% progressive and liberal bullshit.
*Treating mental illnesses like lifestyle choices
*attacking anyone who doesn't think like them
*destroying a man and his family because he leans right
*letting grown men share bathrooms with little girls
*making morons believe socialism is a possibility
*lust for power at any cost
*radical people elected in ghettos
*refusing to allow school choice for poor people
*obsessed with identity politics

The list goes on and on

Allowing ex convicts another chance to get into people's houses under the guise of remodeling their bathrooms.

*)
Your S/N says Olde europe and your attitude says neo-liberal [which even separately say more than your post which amounts to nothing more than a semi-eloquent name calling rant.] so it is difficult to determine which of the two pseudo human traits is the dominant one...you leave out anything to measure your tears against such as what was America like prior to Gingrich? at what point in time was it like that? how long was it like that? all essentials in making yours a valid argument [which of course me and you both know was not the intent anyway ]
Gingrich was and is silver tongued, his secret is not in fooling gop voters, it is in fooling the poorly educated democrats and not many democrats are smart enough to see that is the real problem in America.
It always seems that when europe and or the American left are running a scam on the American treasury folks like you pop up with thinly veiled name calling rants because the scam is not working.

Forum List

Back