Debt growth by President

USDebt1_zps145105bc.jpg

Since Obama Took Office, the Federal Debt Has Increased by Almost 70 Percent
Michael Sargent / December 03, 2014 / 81 comments

The federal government hit a new milestone Friday: The total federal debt now tallies more than $18 trillion.

Just six years ago when President Obama took office, total debt stood at $10.6 trillion, which means it now has increased by almost $8 trillion—roughly 70 percent—during his tenure as president.

Since Obama Took Office the Federal Debt Has Increased by Almost 70 Percent

In the course of Reagan's two terms the gross debt nearly tripled....within a few years of his departure, his fiscal legacy had generated a 4 bagger....

Obama has two years to continue his debt binge.

To date, the OP tries to spin $6.1T of Obama's 6 year debt as being less than Dubya's 8 year $4.2T debt.

What a tool.

In real math: $6.1T > than $4.2T

And as 007 notes, the OP is using cooked stats.

If you are going to pick nits, you may want to note that FY 2009 (the last of the Scrub Pretzelduncy) began on Oct 1, 2008........that year alone represents 1.8 trillion of debt growth.....

To date, the OP tries to spin $6.1T of Obama's 6 year debt as being less than Dubya's 8 year $4.2T debt.

What a tool.

If you are going to pick nits, you may want to note that FY 2009 (the last of the Scrub Pretzelduncy) began on Oct 1, 2008........that year alone represents 1.8 trillion of debt growth.....

I believe the stats are for Federal Fiscal Years. FY2009 started in October 2008.

What a tool.

:wtf:

I'm not trying to spin anything. It's simple cold, hard numbers. Where did I ever say that Obama doesn't have two more years left? I have clearly posted the dates for every President. For some Presidents only two years were attributable, while others had eight years attributable, while others had something in between. I cannot post future data that does not yet exist. If anyone is so much of a hack as to attempt to imply that Obama's current 6 years are a full comparison to Bush's 8 years, then that is their idiocy. Do not blame me for someone else's stupidity.

If you actually look at the contribution to the debt of specific policy initiatives (thereby eliminating the effect of legacy fiscal issues), the Obama Administration has been positively abstemious......

What a tool.

I believe the stats are for Federal Fiscal Years. FY2009 started in October 2008.

So why would anyone "credit" on the basis of the first month of the first year of a term?

If you actually look at the contribution to the debt of specific policy initiatives (thereby eliminating the effect of legacy fiscal issues), the Obama Administration has been positively abstemious......

And how the hell do you figure that, other than being a partisan hack?

What a tool.

So why would anyone "credit" on the basis of the first month of the first year of a term?

I have no idea. The OP is a hack.

I have attributed each year to the President who was sitting for the greatest portion of that year. Government spending is more than a single yearly bill passed in October. The President has a certain degree of direct influence over spending inasmuch as he is the executive overseeing the processes spending the allocated funds. A President has the ability to reduce and minimize spending. Thus, not all funds appropriated by Congress are necessarily spent. Also, there are plenty of additional spending bills that can and do pass Congress throughout the rest of the year.

I have presented an overview. It may not be perfect and if you want to spend the next 18 months doing comprehensive research to track every spent dollar to various Presidents, then be my guest. In the meantime the data I have presented seems to suffice to demonstrate the fundamental trends and for reasonable relative comparisons.

And how the hell do you figure that, other than being a partisan hack?

To start, we stop believing in the simplistic pap peddled by the likes of Breitbart, Drudge, TownHall, RealClearWhatever, and CNS....

This has been updated within the past 18 months, but I can't locate the link at the moment...

Ezra Klein Doing the math on Obama s deficits - The Washington Post

I have attributed each year to the President who was sitting for the greatest portion of that year. Government spending is more than a single yearly bill passed in October. The President has a certain degree of direct influence over spending inasmuch as he is the executive overseeing the processes spending the allocated funds. A President has the ability to reduce and minimize spending. Thus, not all funds appropriated by Congress are necessarily spent. Also, there are plenty of additional spending bills that can and do pass Congress throughout the rest of the year.

I have presented an overview. It may not be perfect and if you want to spend the next 18 months doing comprehensive research to track every spent dollar to various Presidents, then be my guest. In the meantime the data I have presented seems to suffice to demonstrate the fundamental trends and for reasonable relative comparisons.

You don't have the vaguest idea what you are yammering about......I advise you to desist....

You don't have the vaguest idea what you are yammering about......I advise you to desist....

:lmao:

Translation: You want to massage the numbers to fit your agenda, so you attack the person presenting the cold facts.

USDebt1_zps145105bc.jpg

The federal government hit a new milestone Friday: The total federal debt now tallies more than $18 trillion.

Just six years ago when President Obama took office, total debt stood at $10.6 trillion, which means it now has increased by almost $8 trillion—roughly 70 percent—during his tenure as president.

In the course of Reagan's two terms the gross debt nearly tripled....within a few years of his departure, his fiscal legacy had generated a 4 bagger....
Obama's deficits are bigger than Reagan's entire budget!
Reagan's time is remembered rightly as a time of great prosperity and growth.
Obama's time is remembered as a time of stagnation and decay.

:lmao:

Translation: You want to massage the numbers to fit your agenda, so you attack the person presenting the cold facts.

Once appropriated by Congress, the POTUS cannot change spending....he may request Emergency Supplemental Appropriations......these may, or may not be, incorporated into the Budget for that Fiscal Year......for an illustration, you may look at the treatment of ESAs for Iraqnam vs those for most natural disaster relief....

USDebt1_zps145105bc.jpg

You can tell you are communicating with a fool when they compare 1980's dollars with those 30 years after......

Reagan nearly tripled the deficit in his first fiscal year......this is part of the reason the man he nominated to head the Federal Reserve described him as a "reckless steward" of the nation's finances....

USDebt1_zps145105bc.jpg

You can tell you are communicating with a fool when they compare 1980's dollars with those 30 years after......

Reagan nearly tripled the deficit in his first fiscal year......this is part of the reason the man he nominated to head the Federal Reserve described him as a "reckless steward" of the nation's finances....
Yet his deficits pale by comparison.
I wouldn't call anyone a fool given your track record here.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
USDebt1_zps145105bc.jpg

Yet his deficits pale by comparison.
I wouldn't call anyone a fool given your track record here.

Got anything in particular in mind?

Forum List

Back