Debt Free Finally

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by sealybobo, Sep 3, 2016.

?

I will have enough to retire at 65

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SAYIT

SAYIT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,832
    Sorry 'bout your mom. My mom took my advice at 75 and started giving the maximum yearly gift to each of her grand kids (who were her beneficiaries anyway). I instructed each of them to save half as she might need some financial help at 95 (she died still healthy @ 90). She had the pleasure of seeing them benefit from her generosity and had she ended up a ward of Medicare, the knowledge that the gov't wouldn't abscond with her all of life savings.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    I want to send you my condolences, Sealy. I read on another thread someone mentioning your mother passing away. I'm very sorry to hear of it. One request, please do not say the D word after God's name anymore. I am interested in what you write about but cannot bear to see you curse His Name like that. That is my Father you're cursing. I hope you can understand that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,130

I am sorry to hear that! I knew it was bad but that really sucks. That's not what the democrats promised is it?

4. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,564
    I'm happy that I was able to retire young and healthy and will always be financially comfortable but it doesn't happen magically.

There are some who think they will always be young and that somehow, they'll find the money to live on if they become ill, unemployed or simply want to quit going to a job every day. In spite of the fact that the Republicans want to gut your Social Security, they believe they'll be able to live on that.

You're never too old to start saving and investing. Don't make the mistake of thinking your home is your biggest investment. That's simply not true and probably never was.

And remember that very true old saw that if you want to live like a Republican, vote Democrat. That has never been more true than it is right now with Trump and the GOP/Repubs planning to turn us all into servants of the 1%.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,905
    Congrats you are part of the debt free minority. Interesting things happen for instance we have made thousands OFF of credit cards with cash back cards and paying off balances. I still work part time because I like what I do, not because I need to. I had the best negative examples of what not to do by over-borrowing in my parents. I decided early in life not to live like that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Crixus

Crixus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,466
    Great feeling huh? I got debt free two years ago and we are saving for a house or a small parcel to build on. We kind of want horses.