Debt Free Finally

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by sealybobo, Sep 3, 2016.

?

I will have enough to retire at 65

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    Condo and car are finally paid off. Took 20 years but I finally did it. I don't understand people who would now find something else to spend the money on. From here on out its save save save. I've already been saving but now I'm going to start buying stocks and property and other investments. It'd be nice if I could retire in ten years. I'd be 55. Probably better to work till 62.

I'm so glad I'm not in credit card debt. It'd be nice to have the extra $ to pay it down faster but I'm really glad I'm not paying for stuff I already purchased.

I have everything i want/need. There is one thing I may splurge on one day but I think it's a huge expense with very little pay off. But maybe I will buy a boat. I live on the lake and have a jetski and paddle board and friends with boats but it'd be nice to have my own boat. But gas, insurance, accessories needed, yearly storage, repairs, registration, $400 a year boat club fee. I'll have to be bleeding money to do this. And come across a great deal

Funny, I'm a liberal Democrat but I lead a very fiscally conservative lifestyle. I take Republicans advice on saving but that doesn't mean I'll vote for them. They have to stop calling me a taker and convince me they don't suck.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,130
    Good for you.

3. GLASNOST

GLASNOST Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,529
    I'm with you 100 %. I am 69 and retired 4 years already. I never bought anything on credit. Like you, there are things that 'would be nice to have' but I too have everything I need. So many people screwed themselves with credit cards and debt. I realize they had no idea what they were getting into and that's the biggest danger …. not realizing. When you're young you think you are invincible and that you'll be wealthy some day ….. so you take risks with both your health and your spending.

Congratulations! Make sure to inform the younger generation of how it feels to be debt free and maybe you will prevent some poor guy from hanging himself further down the line.
    [​IMG]

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    I remember in 2004 I cancelled my cable bill. What did I save? $12k right there alone. Think I can't afford cable? You have to be tight.

I also didn't graduate with a big student loan. I owed $2000 when I graduated in the mid 90s. So first thing I did was save 20% down on my condo. Around 4 years later refi to 15 yr mortgage.

And keep in mind half the bush years and half obamas were not that good to me. I ran into some speed bumps and road blocks along the way. But I wasn't in debt when they came so I survived them. Now is the time to make up for those years I didn't save.

You know how old people who survived the depression never stopped being cheap? Fool me once....the point is you aint gonna fool me again. Lol

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    What about you?

6. Fueri

Fueri Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,830
    Congrats. I don't understand people that have debt piled to the ceiling either. They're just working for the banks.

Good work.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    And I'm going to run my fusion another 90,000 Allah willing

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,130
    Retired at 57. House paid for when I moved in, debt fee. I have a nice boat. You are on the right track. Keep moving in that direction. Vote Republican, they will improve the economics of the country and make it easier for you to save.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    I have to admit I'm a little jealous of auto union workers who in the 1980s didn't have to go to college and retired with pensions. I'm 45. I hope to retire at 62. That's 17 more years. Had I went to Ford when I graduated @ 17, ID be 2 years away from a 30 year pension. That's how much better the baby boomers had it. I have to work 15 more years because I didn't join a union God damn it. Lol.

But they say working in those factories will take ten years off your life. I'm white collar. Not back breaking or dirty and I don't have to deal with uneducated blue collar union assholes. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,238
    Maybe once I start considering myself investor class not working class