Debt Free Finally

I will have enough to retire at 65

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My mom had Alzheimer's. If my dad didnt take care of her it was $11,000 a month. But if you don't have money Medicare pays. Sucks for the people who saved. Or should I say their kids. The people who saved will be taken care of either way. There just won't be anything left over for the kids. And if most people have nothing and will get medicade, that's going to be a burden on the debt big time.

Eventually mom got so bad we had to put her in a $11,000 a month home but she only lived another 3 weeks. Oh, and that doesn't include pills, ensures, diapers, nothing! That's all extra and at movie theater prices.

Sorry 'bout your mom. My mom took my advice at 75 and started giving the maximum yearly gift to each of her grand kids (who were her beneficiaries anyway). I instructed each of them to save half as she might need some financial help at 95 (she died still healthy @ 90). She had the pleasure of seeing them benefit from her generosity and had she ended up a ward of Medicare, the knowledge that the gov't wouldn't abscond with her all of life savings.

i hope you dont get hit with medical bills...that is what i am struggling with....i had to take out a 60 month loan in jan 2014....i hope to have it paid off in 9 more months...then i have 3 interest free loans thru the hospital....and one interest free credit card that i am paying off ...house and cars are paid for....so is the land...

yes i have insurance with a high deduct
My mom had Alzheimer's. If my dad didnt take care of her it was $11,000 a month. But if you don't have money Medicare pays. Sucks for the people who saved. Or should I say their kids. The people who saved will be taken care of either way. There just won't be anything left over for the kids. And if most people have nothing and will get medicade, that's going to be a burden on the debt big time.

Eventually mom got so bad we had to put her in a $11,000 a month home but she only lived another 3 weeks. Oh, and that doesn't include pills, ensures, diapers, nothing! That's all extra and at movie theater prices.
I want to send you my condolences, Sealy. I read on another thread someone mentioning your mother passing away. I'm very sorry to hear of it. One request, please do not say the D word after God's name anymore. I am interested in what you write about but cannot bear to see you curse His Name like that. That is my Father you're cursing. I hope you can understand that.

yes as i have said the first year...it was good to us.....i had 3 opts..and grumpy had both knees replaced...but it did p put me in debt....and then the insurance refused to pay for several things...who the hell knew what hyper infusion hydration was....and why it cost 1200 bucks that insurance refused to pay....basically i pay monthly fees for a catastrophic policy ...

I am sorry to hear that! I knew it was bad but that really sucks. That's not what the democrats promised is it?

I'm happy that I was able to retire young and healthy and will always be financially comfortable but it doesn't happen magically.

There are some who think they will always be young and that somehow, they'll find the money to live on if they become ill, unemployed or simply want to quit going to a job every day. In spite of the fact that the Republicans want to gut your Social Security, they believe they'll be able to live on that.

You're never too old to start saving and investing. Don't make the mistake of thinking your home is your biggest investment. That's simply not true and probably never was.

And remember that very true old saw that if you want to live like a Republican, vote Democrat. That has never been more true than it is right now with Trump and the GOP/Repubs planning to turn us all into servants of the 1%.

Congrats you are part of the debt free minority. Interesting things happen for instance we have made thousands OFF of credit cards with cash back cards and paying off balances. I still work part time because I like what I do, not because I need to. I had the best negative examples of what not to do by over-borrowing in my parents. I decided early in life not to live like that.

Condo and car are finally paid off. Took 20 years but I finally did it. I don't understand people who would now find something else to spend the money on. From here on out its save save save. I've already been saving but now I'm going to start buying stocks and property and other investments. It'd be nice if I could retire in ten years. I'd be 55. Probably better to work till 62.

I'm so glad I'm not in credit card debt. It'd be nice to have the extra $ to pay it down faster but I'm really glad I'm not paying for stuff I already purchased.

I have everything i want/need. There is one thing I may splurge on one day but I think it's a huge expense with very little pay off. But maybe I will buy a boat. I live on the lake and have a jetski and paddle board and friends with boats but it'd be nice to have my own boat. But gas, insurance, accessories needed, yearly storage, repairs, registration, $400 a year boat club fee. I'll have to be bleeding money to do this. And come across a great deal

Funny, I'm a liberal Democrat but I lead a very fiscally conservative lifestyle. I take Republicans advice on saving but that doesn't mean I'll vote for them. They have to stop calling me a taker and convince me they don't suck.

Great feeling huh? I got debt free two years ago and we are saving for a house or a small parcel to build on. We kind of want horses.

Forum List

Back