"Debris Field" found near the Titanic wreck site.

The oxygen aboard the mini is just gone. According the news, the oxygen would have run out between 6:AM and 8:AM EST.

I hope that it did implode as well, death by oxygen starvation is ugly.
Sadly, I expected implosion days ago. I watched the original story on the trips before this one and told my wife 'not a chance in hell'.

I think there are very few (if any) fish that can survive at that depth. Most fish have an air bladder that inflates and deflates to keep them neutral. You see some crustaceans and mollusks in deep water, but at those extreme depths the life forms get really, really weird. Alien shit.

I think what you're thinking about is a suit that allows for breathing an oxygen-rich liquid that your lungs can exchange oxygen and CO2 with directly. Since it's not compressible, your lungs can be at ambient pressure. There have been stories about that, but afaik, they are all just stories. I think training yourself to intentionally drown would be hard.

We solve the problems with submarines. It's just expensive to do safely, and just like space travel, there is no margin for error.
I lookef this up also.

My thing would be the capsule itself being also filled with a crystal clear liquid that equalizes the pressures with the outside, and then inside that liquid would exist the human being with a liquid filled suit that has an added substance within the lungs to keep them from collapsing, otherwise as liquid oxygen is sent in through the blood stream by a machine that is separate from the body or outside the body for the sustaining of life.

Last edited:
This suit cannot be compressible, or the liquid inside would transfer the outside pressure to the diver. Since your suit is not compressible, you don't need the liquid inside. Just fill it with air. We have those, but they aren't made for that pressure.
Would it compress if the waternaut was inside of a liquid filled environment that exist outside of his suit, but still within the capsule he or she is operating ?
How about that for a new name for a person studying or participating in the field ? A waternaut, otherwise just like an astronaut ?

This suit cannot be compressible, or the liquid inside would transfer the outside pressure to the diver. Since your suit is not compressible, you don't need the liquid inside. Just fill it with air. We have those, but they aren't made for that pressure.
The Titan was, in affect, a noncompressible 'suit' filled with air.

A whale can dive to 8,000 to 10,000 feet somehow.
Yes they can but they don't stay down there long. The air they breathe is always at surface pressure. When they dive, their lungs just compress. They don't inhale underwater, so they never take in compressed air. They just hold their breath a really long time.

Fish are better at living at high pressure than mammals, but the really deep zones are kind of deserts. Squid have been seen at extreme depths, and can spend a lot of time there. I think most of the food is much shallower. Deep oceans are barren places.

Would it compress if the waternaut was inside of a liquid filled environment that exist outside of his suit, but still within the capsule he or she is operating ?
How about that for a new name for a person studying or participating in the field ? A waternaut, otherwise just like an astronaut ?
Aquanaut

The outside pressure is 6000 psi. What inside pressure is on the diver? The difference is what the suit has to hold back.
He is a test pilot, aquanaut I suppose.

The outside pressure is 6000 psi. What inside pressure is on the diver? The difference is what the suit has to hold back.

He is a test pilot, aquanaut I suppose.
If the immediate outside environment surrounding the suit is liquid, and then outside the ship or capsule is ocean/liquid, and inside the suit is liquid oxygen being maintained by an outside the suit machine in which exist inside the capsule , then all hazardous pressures are stabilized for the Adventure to be set upon maybe ?

IMO, the best way to view this is to try to understand and correct the failings. That's what those guys would have wanted.

7q4joy.jpg

They are gone....

we know that.

one can only hope it was fast.....not much suffering.

At that depth, the weight of the water pressure would crush them and their eyeballs would pop out.

The water pressure at 3800 meters depth at the site of the Titanic wreck is about 400 atmospheres (6000 PSI) - about the same as having 35 elephants on your shoulders.

Ain't I a fuckin' ray of sunshine?

At that depth there won't be bodies. They will blown to atoms.

Forum List

Back